Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Main Discussion Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bad Land Lords

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Citizen
Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gusto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/November/2006 at 8:23pm
JP and Bbones speading BS again. Somethings never change.  Just when it appeared that some people had Sentry on the ropes, BB and JP enter and make Sentry look mainstream.

If BB and JP are indicators of the quality of campaigning that Hosty and Mayor C will put forth, it will be very quiet on election night in Healy's and Doc's.
Don't blame me. I voted for Steinbach.
justaparker View Drop Down
Seagull
Seagull

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justaparker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/November/2006 at 8:30pm
If Godusto and Sentry are indicators of the quality of campaigning that Doolin and Steinbach will put forth, it will be very quiet on election night in Jimmy's Place.
dogcatcher View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/November/2006 at 8:55pm

People are not stupid...dont think the old lady on Lathrop didnt tell more then 1 person...and so on and so on.

Gusto View Drop Down
Citizen
Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gusto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/November/2006 at 9:21pm
Well said JP. If you need any more help with your posts, feel free to ask. When you mimic me, it does give you some credibility.

Edited by Gusto - 16/November/2006 at 9:23pm
Don't blame me. I voted for Steinbach.
justaparker View Drop Down
Seagull
Seagull

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justaparker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/November/2006 at 10:01pm
You did a real good job helping me through this one. Thanks Godusto!!
mochalatte View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochalatte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/November/2006 at 11:55pm

You guys are the reason I hate politics.  Instead of  focusing on the positive you think your Mayor of Choice will do, you trash the opponent.  That's all Calderone's supporters ever do on this forum.  You truly aren't doing him any favors.  If there are readers of this forum who haven't made up their minds yet, (and I'm one of them) you're not helping Mayor C. gain our support. 

I tell my kids that they'll be judged by who they hang around with.  Well, the same goes for adults, my friends.  Aside from Sentry, most Doolin supporters seem to behave like adults. 
Justaskin View Drop Down
Muzzled
Muzzled

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justaskin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/November/2006 at 9:44am
Or Harder? He and Doolin seem to have a love fest going on. Or as Bones says maybe all of them. I tried to ask that question a while a go. To no avail. We have no idea who anyone is unless they go on under their own name. Very few want to do that, because anyone who does it made to feel inferior to the high and mighty SENTRY. Someone who really needs to get over himself. To me he is the one who looks like the goof. P.S. I heard the same story about the little old lady. Maybe Doolin can come on and explain that one and the Brown Cow story also. He seems to like to post about the Mayor and all his "wrong doings"

Edited by Justaskin - 17/November/2006 at 9:45am
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/November/2006 at 10:31am
Originally posted by Justaskin Justaskin wrote:

Or Harder? He and Doolin seem to have a love fest going on.
Would you call the relationship between the Mayor and his supporters a "lovefest"? Think Mr Doolin needs to make wise choices to what he will respond.  For his detractors, no answer will suffice.
Patrick Doolin View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Proviso Trustee Candidate 2009

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patrick Doolin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/November/2006 at 10:39am

This forum has lost it's credibility with me.  The nonsense that is posted here does not dignify a response.  I anticipate the cry of Your a public figure running for public office so we have every right to question these rumors. 

Well, I disagree.   This is nothing more than anonymous personal attacks with no factual basis and nothing more than an attempt to damage my reputation both personally and politically.  I have developed a callous to such attacks.  They do not bother me in the least.  As a matter of fact, these lies empower me.  When one resorts to such low level political tactics, it tells me that my competition is scared.  Once your scared, you've already lost.

Your continued purveyance of rumors, whether it be extra marital affairs with relatives, money laundering for drug gangs, stealing the homes of the elderly, evicting the Brown Cow Ice Cream Parlor or co-posting as Sentry with Dan Harder only serve to further my cause and belief that change has become even more necessary. 

Patrick Doolin View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Proviso Trustee Candidate 2009

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patrick Doolin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/November/2006 at 11:07am

Point of clarification.  It is many of the poster's that have lost credibility with me, not the forum as a whole. 

I think this is a great way for people to communicate.  However, it has become an impossible environment for a public figure, such as myself, to participate.

Dr. Barbie View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Barbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/November/2006 at 11:12am
Originally posted by Patrick Doolin Patrick Doolin wrote:

Point of clarification.  It is many of the poster's that have lost credibility with me, not the forum as a whole. 

I think this is a great way for people to communicate.  However, it has become an impossible environment for a public figure, such as myself, to participate.

Does this mean Sentry is gone?
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/November/2006 at 11:18am
Originally posted by Dr. Barbie Dr. Barbie wrote:

Does this mean Sentry is gone?

Now, Dr Barbie, don't you find Sentry the slightest bit amusing at times?(sorry off-topic)

Edited by logic - 17/November/2006 at 11:18am
Dr. Barbie View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Barbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/November/2006 at 11:22am
I admit he is rather amusing in a "watching a frat boy behave like an idiot" kinda way.
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/November/2006 at 11:37am

Justaskin, please see the above. It's the smartest choice for ANYONE running for office to cease responding to the frequent personal attacks on this forum. Putting out all these little fires is a losing battle when some of our posters really enjoy playing with matches.

On the other hand, there's the Candidate Forum for serious questions and concerns (monitored by Admin).  Would be great if the candidates participate there.
Mr. Deeds View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Deeds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/November/2006 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by logic logic wrote:

Justaskin, please see the above. It's the smartest choice for ANYONE running for office to cease responding to the frequent personal attacks on this forum. Putting out all these little fires is a losing battle when some of our posters really enjoy playing with matches.

On the other hand, there's the Candidate Forum for serious questions and concerns (monitored by Admin).  Would be great if the candidates participate there.

Justaskin was just muzzled and will remain so for a long long time. There are a couple of other users on thin ice and may also be joining that club soon.

This is an excerpt from our Registration Agreement. I don't care which elected official, candidate or member of this forum is attacked, the rule applies equally:

You agree not to use this forum to post any material which is vulgar, defamatory, inaccurate, harassing, hateful, threatening, invading of others privacy, sexually oriented, or violates any laws. You also agree that you will not post any copyrighted material that is not owned by yourself or the owners of these forums.

Those who can make you believe absurdities have the power to make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire~
videoguy View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote videoguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/November/2006 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by administrator administrator wrote:

You agree not to use this forum to post any material which is vulgar, defamatory, inaccurate,
harassing, hateful, threatening, invading of others privacy, sexually oriented, or violates
any laws.

What's the fun in that? :)
BBones View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/November/2006 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Gusto Gusto wrote:

JP and Bbones speading BS again. Somethings never change.  Just when it appeared that some people had Sentry on the ropes, BB and JP enter and make Sentry look mainstream.

If BB and JP are indicators of the quality of campaigning that Hosty and Mayor C will put forth, it will be very quiet on election night in Healy's and Doc's.

Don't you work for a newspaper?

I have brought up these issues as they are brought up to me by people that are/were involved either directly or indirectly.

Some time ago a poster mentioned a failed business of one of the Commissioners. Some asked what relevance this issue had with the person's ability to execute the duties of Commissioner. The explanation was that the past performance of this person may be indicative of the job they will do for the Village. I think this makes sense.

Do we really want a Mayor that is going to treat the business owners in our town the way the Ice Cream folks were?

Is it important to know that a person wanting to be Mayor has taken advantage of some citizens by not being up front and honest in his business dealings all in the name of the mighty Buck?

I have not and will not post on any candidates personal life, no matter how I feel about it myself. I will comment on what I know to be truth when I think it matters.

I am not campaigning for anyone.

Edited by BBones - 19/November/2006 at 9:09pm
BBones View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/November/2006 at 9:17pm

Why then, when the Mayor chose what to respond to and what not to respond to, was he raked across the hot coals? 

Many here accused him of hiding some thing or being guilty of another thing.

Now Doolin, "the gladiator in the ring", decides it is too hot in the kitchen and decides to get out and it all of a sudden is the "Smartest" choice?

Edited by BBones - 19/November/2006 at 9:19pm
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/November/2006 at 9:25pm
The issue isn't what you know or may not know, who the involved parties told or even if the given situation is indicative of someone's character. It's not OK to use others problems/names to make a point. If it were your problem, you'd be free to express your opinion and state your case.
BBones View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/November/2006 at 9:32pm

The issue isn't what you know or may not know, who the involved parties told or even if the given situation is indicative of someone's character. It's not OK to use others problems/names to make a point. If it were your problem, you'd be free to express your opinion and state your case.

I disagree. 

Others issues and problems that stem from the activities of any public figure, in my opinion, are fair to explore.  By the By, I never mentioned anyone's name in either case even though I know the names of the people involved in each example.

logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/November/2006 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by BBones BBones wrote:

I heard the Brown Cow folks had a run in with the old land lord.

OK Bones, ya got me there, just a neon sign with an arrow in their direction.
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochalatte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/November/2006 at 12:35am
You're so transparent, Bones.  Unless I hear from Doolin or the Browns, I will believe nothing you or DC say about the issue.  It's like the telephone game.  The more stories get repeated, the less accurate they become.  That's why hearsay isn't allowed in a courtroom.  You may not be campaigning for someone, but you're sure campaigning against someone.  Have you ever even talked to Commish Doolin or Steinbach? 
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/November/2006 at 8:34am

Leave me out of this..I spoke with Doolins partner and he told me their side of the story..which I wrote on here.

Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochalatte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/November/2006 at 11:22am

Sorry, DC.  I lumped you in because you two were the ones with supposed inside info.  Bones is really the one "stirring the pot."

Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/November/2006 at 12:53pm
Thnks Mocha..I have heard enuf about this whole fiasco. Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving with many blessings.
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/November/2006 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by dogcatcher dogcatcher wrote:

Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving with many blessings.

Same to you DC.  I am ready.  I made reservations.  That way, I actually get to visit with the folks and no clean up. 
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/November/2006 at 1:38pm
Your a smart one !!!
BBones View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/November/2006 at 1:37am
Stirring the pot?

I suppose we would all be better off if no one talked about what they knew or felt?

Talk about pushing your head in the sand, push a little harder Mocha, your ears are still sticking out!
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochalatte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/November/2006 at 1:37am
I was actually repeating what Justaskin posted.  He/she originally said you were stirring the pot.  You know exactly why you started this topic, Bones. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12