Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Main Discussion Board
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Bad Land Lords
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bad Land Lords

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message
Gusto View Drop Down
Citizen
Citizen
Avatar

Joined: 02/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 413
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gusto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/November/2006 at 8:23pm
JP and Bbones speading BS again. Somethings never change.  Just when it appeared that some people had Sentry on the ropes, BB and JP enter and make Sentry look mainstream.

If BB and JP are indicators of the quality of campaigning that Hosty and Mayor C will put forth, it will be very quiet on election night in Healy's and Doc's.
Don't blame me. I voted for Steinbach.
Back to Top
justaparker View Drop Down
Seagull
Seagull


Joined: 02/November/2007
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 666
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justaparker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/November/2006 at 8:30pm
If Godusto and Sentry are indicators of the quality of campaigning that Doolin and Steinbach will put forth, it will be very quiet on election night in Jimmy's Place.
Back to Top
dogcatcher View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 7377
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/November/2006 at 8:55pm

People are not stupid...dont think the old lady on Lathrop didnt tell more then 1 person...and so on and so on.

Back to Top
Gusto View Drop Down
Citizen
Citizen
Avatar

Joined: 02/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 413
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gusto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/November/2006 at 9:21pm
Well said JP. If you need any more help with your posts, feel free to ask. When you mimic me, it does give you some credibility.


Edited by Gusto - 16/November/2006 at 9:23pm
Don't blame me. I voted for Steinbach.
Back to Top
justaparker View Drop Down
Seagull
Seagull


Joined: 02/November/2007
Location: United States
Status: Offline
Points: 666
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justaparker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/November/2006 at 10:01pm
You did a real good job helping me through this one. Thanks Godusto!!
Back to Top
mochalatte View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar
Avatar

Joined: 04/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 754
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochalatte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/November/2006 at 11:55pm

You guys are the reason I hate politics.  Instead of  focusing on the positive you think your Mayor of Choice will do, you trash the opponent.  That's all Calderone's supporters ever do on this forum.  You truly aren't doing him any favors.  If there are readers of this forum who haven't made up their minds yet, (and I'm one of them) you're not helping Mayor C. gain our support. 

I tell my kids that they'll be judged by who they hang around with.  Well, the same goes for adults, my friends.  Aside from Sentry, most Doolin supporters seem to behave like adults. 
Back to Top
Justaskin View Drop Down
Muzzled
Muzzled


Joined: 05/November/2006
Status: Offline
Points: 18
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justaskin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/November/2006 at 9:44am
Or Harder? He and Doolin seem to have a love fest going on. Or as Bones says maybe all of them. I tried to ask that question a while a go. To no avail. We have no idea who anyone is unless they go on under their own name. Very few want to do that, because anyone who does it made to feel inferior to the high and mighty SENTRY. Someone who really needs to get over himself. To me he is the one who looks like the goof. P.S. I heard the same story about the little old lady. Maybe Doolin can come on and explain that one and the Brown Cow story also. He seems to like to post about the Mayor and all his "wrong doings"

Edited by Justaskin - 17/November/2006 at 9:45am
Back to Top
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority


Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 5290
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/November/2006 at 10:31am
Originally posted by Justaskin Justaskin wrote:

Or Harder? He and Doolin seem to have a love fest going on.
Would you call the relationship between the Mayor and his supporters a "lovefest"? Think Mr Doolin needs to make wise choices to what he will respond.  For his detractors, no answer will suffice.
Back to Top
Patrick Doolin View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Proviso Trustee Candidate 2009

Joined: 31/October/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 519
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patrick Doolin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/November/2006 at 10:39am

This forum has lost it's credibility with me.  The nonsense that is posted here does not dignify a response.  I anticipate the cry of Your a public figure running for public office so we have every right to question these rumors. 

Well, I disagree.   This is nothing more than anonymous personal attacks with no factual basis and nothing more than an attempt to damage my reputation both personally and politically.  I have developed a callous to such attacks.  They do not bother me in the least.  As a matter of fact, these lies empower me.  When one resorts to such low level political tactics, it tells me that my competition is scared.  Once your scared, you've already lost.
 
Your continued purveyance of rumors, whether it be extra marital affairs with relatives, money laundering for drug gangs, stealing the homes of the elderly, evicting the Brown Cow Ice Cream Parlor or co-posting as Sentry with Dan Harder only serve to further my cause and belief that change has become even more necessary. 
 
 
 
 
Back to Top
Patrick Doolin View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Proviso Trustee Candidate 2009

Joined: 31/October/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 519
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patrick Doolin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/November/2006 at 11:07am

Point of clarification.  It is many of the poster's that have lost credibility with me, not the forum as a whole. 

I think this is a great way for people to communicate.  However, it has become an impossible environment for a public figure, such as myself, to participate.

Back to Top
Dr. Barbie View Drop Down
Resident
Resident


Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 518
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Barbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/November/2006 at 11:12am
Originally posted by Patrick Doolin Patrick Doolin wrote:

Point of clarification.  It is many of the poster's that have lost credibility with me, not the forum as a whole. 

I think this is a great way for people to communicate.  However, it has become an impossible environment for a public figure, such as myself, to participate.

 
Does this mean Sentry is gone?
Back to Top
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority


Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 5290
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/November/2006 at 11:18am
Originally posted by Dr. Barbie Dr. Barbie wrote:

Does this mean Sentry is gone?


Now, Dr Barbie, don't you find Sentry the slightest bit amusing at times?(sorry off-topic)


Edited by logic - 17/November/2006 at 11:18am
Back to Top
Dr. Barbie View Drop Down
Resident
Resident


Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 518
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Barbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/November/2006 at 11:22am
I admit he is rather amusing in a "watching a frat boy behave like an idiot" kinda way.
Back to Top
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority


Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 5290
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/November/2006 at 11:37am
Originally posted by Patrick Doolin Patrick Doolin wrote:

Point of clarification.  It is many of the poster's that have lost credibility with me, not the forum as a whole. 

I think this is a great way for people to communicate.  However, it has become an impossible environment for a public figure, such as myself, to participate.

Justaskin, please see the above. It's the smartest choice for ANYONE running for office to cease responding to the frequent personal attacks on this forum. Putting out all these little fires is a losing battle when some of our posters really enjoy playing with matches.

On the other hand, there's the Candidate Forum for serious questions and concerns (monitored by Admin).  Would be great if the candidates participate there.
Back to Top
Mr. Deeds View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 3656
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Deeds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/November/2006 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by logic logic wrote:

Justaskin, please see the above. It's the smartest choice for ANYONE running for office to cease responding to the frequent personal attacks on this forum. Putting out all these little fires is a losing battle when some of our posters really enjoy playing with matches.

On the other hand, there's the Candidate Forum for serious questions and concerns (monitored by Admin).  Would be great if the candidates participate there.


Justaskin was just muzzled and will remain so for a long long time. There are a couple of other users on thin ice and may also be joining that club soon.

This is an excerpt from our Registration Agreement. I don't care which elected official, candidate or member of this forum is attacked, the rule applies equally:

You agree not to use this forum to post any material which is vulgar, defamatory, inaccurate, harassing, hateful, threatening, invading of others privacy, sexually oriented, or violates any laws. You also agree that you will not post any copyrighted material that is not owned by yourself or the owners of these forums.


Those who can make you believe absurdities have the power to make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire~
Back to Top
videoguy View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority
Avatar

Joined: 02/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 2863
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote videoguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/November/2006 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by administrator administrator wrote:


You agree not to use this forum to post any material which is vulgar, defamatory, inaccurate,
harassing, hateful, threatening, invading of others privacy, sexually oriented, or violates
any laws.


What's the fun in that? :)
Back to Top
BBones View Drop Down
Resident
Resident
Avatar

Joined: 01/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 1339
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/November/2006 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Gusto Gusto wrote:

JP and Bbones speading BS again. Somethings never change.  Just when it appeared that some people had Sentry on the ropes, BB and JP enter and make Sentry look mainstream.

If BB and JP are indicators of the quality of campaigning that Hosty and Mayor C will put forth, it will be very quiet on election night in Healy's and Doc's.
 

Don't you work for a newspaper?

I have brought up these issues as they are brought up to me by people that are/were involved either directly or indirectly.

Some time ago a poster mentioned a failed business of one of the Commissioners. Some asked what relevance this issue had with the person's ability to execute the duties of Commissioner. The explanation was that the past performance of this person may be indicative of the job they will do for the Village. I think this makes sense.

Do we really want a Mayor that is going to treat the business owners in our town the way the Ice Cream folks were?

Is it important to know that a person wanting to be Mayor has taken advantage of some citizens by not being up front and honest in his business dealings all in the name of the mighty Buck?

I have not and will not post on any candidates personal life, no matter how I feel about it myself. I will comment on what I know to be truth when I think it matters.

I am not campaigning for anyone.

  
 


Edited by BBones - 19/November/2006 at 9:09pm
Back to Top
BBones View Drop Down
Resident
Resident
Avatar

Joined: 01/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 1339
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/November/2006 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by logic logic wrote:

Originally posted by Patrick Doolin Patrick Doolin wrote:

Point of clarification.  It is many of the poster's that have lost credibility with me, not the forum as a whole. 

I think this is a great way for people to communicate.  However, it has become an impossible environment for a public figure, such as myself, to participate.

Justaskin, please see the above. It's the smartest choice for ANYONE running for office to cease responding to the frequent personal attacks on this forum. Putting out all these little fires is a losing battle when some of our posters really enjoy playing with matches.

On the other hand, there's the Candidate Forum for serious questions and concerns (monitored by Admin).  Would be great if the candidates participate there.
 
  Why then, when the Mayor chose what to respond to and what not to respond to, was he raked across the hot coals? 
 
 Many here accused him of hiding some thing or being guilty of another thing.
 
 Now Doolin, "the gladiator in the ring", decides it is too hot in the kitchen and decides to get out and it all of a sudden is the "Smartest" choice?
 


Edited by BBones - 19/November/2006 at 9:19pm
Back to Top
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority


Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 5290
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/November/2006 at 9:25pm
The issue isn't what you know or may not know, who the involved parties told or even if the given situation is indicative of someone's character. It's not OK to use others problems/names to make a point. If it were your problem, you'd be free to express your opinion and state your case.
Back to Top
BBones View Drop Down
Resident
Resident
Avatar

Joined: 01/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 1339
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/November/2006 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by logic logic wrote:

The issue isn't what you know or may not know, who the involved parties told or even if the given situation is indicative of someone's character. It's not OK to use others problems/names to make a point. If it were your problem, you'd be free to express your opinion and state your case.
 
 I disagree. 
 
  Others issues and problems that stem from the activities of any public figure, in my opinion, are fair to explore.  By the By, I never mentioned anyone's name in either case even though I know the names of the people involved in each example.
 
Back to Top
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority


Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 5290
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/November/2006 at 9:37pm
Originally posted by BBones BBones wrote:

I heard the Brown Cow folks had a run in with the old land lord.


OK Bones, ya got me there, just a neon sign with an arrow in their direction.
Back to Top
mochalatte View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar
Avatar

Joined: 04/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 754
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochalatte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/November/2006 at 12:35am
You're so transparent, Bones.  Unless I hear from Doolin or the Browns, I will believe nothing you or DC say about the issue.  It's like the telephone game.  The more stories get repeated, the less accurate they become.  That's why hearsay isn't allowed in a courtroom.  You may not be campaigning for someone, but you're sure campaigning against someone.  Have you ever even talked to Commish Doolin or Steinbach? 
Back to Top
dogcatcher View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 7377
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/November/2006 at 8:34am

Leave me out of this..I spoke with Doolins partner and he told me their side of the story..which I wrote on here.

Back to Top
mochalatte View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar
Avatar

Joined: 04/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 754
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochalatte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/November/2006 at 11:22am

Sorry, DC.  I lumped you in because you two were the ones with supposed inside info.  Bones is really the one "stirring the pot."

Back to Top
dogcatcher View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 7377
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/November/2006 at 12:53pm
Thnks Mocha..I have heard enuf about this whole fiasco. Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving with many blessings.
Back to Top
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 11750
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/November/2006 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by dogcatcher dogcatcher wrote:

Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving with many blessings.
 
Same to you DC.  I am ready.  I made reservations.  That way, I actually get to visit with the folks and no clean up. 
Back to Top
dogcatcher View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 7377
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/November/2006 at 1:38pm
Your a smart one !!!
Back to Top
BBones View Drop Down
Resident
Resident
Avatar

Joined: 01/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 1339
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/November/2006 at 1:37am
Stirring the pot?
 
  I suppose we would all be better off if no one talked about what they knew or felt?
 
  Talk about pushing your head in the sand, push a little harder Mocha, your ears are still sticking out!
Back to Top
mochalatte View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar
Avatar

Joined: 04/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 754
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochalatte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/November/2006 at 1:37am
I was actually repeating what Justaskin posted.  He/she originally said you were stirring the pot.  You know exactly why you started this topic, Bones. 
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03
Copyright ©2001-2011 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.063 seconds.
A.Lange & Sohne Langematik Tourbillon Replica Watches ,and it must be a dream replica watches. Brand, style, visibility, features are absolutely assiduous, they not only added to their own sort of power in the rolex replica sale, and certainly can bear, "handed down" in the name. Now here is a fantastic choice for you, if you heard of Langematik Tourbillon rolex replica sale , this article will be much helpful to you. The function of a breitling replica sale is no longer confined to more of a symbol used to reflect personal taste. For men, the rolex replica uk is a symbol of their status; the contrary, a woman wearing a replica watches in addition to at the time, the greatest use is decorative, fashion Langematik Tourbillon breitling replica sale , elegance, style, simplicity, there is a pressing vulgarity temperament.