Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Main Discussion Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bad Land Lords

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bad Land Lords
    Posted: 11/November/2006 at 12:56am

I heard the Brown Cow folks had a run in with the old land lord.

Has anyone had a really bad landlord or experience with a greedy or unfeeling landlord not symp-athetic to your situation?

How did you deal with it?

Were you surprised it happened at all?

Edited by BBones - 13/November/2006 at 12:25am
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/November/2006 at 1:06am
Bones, what's with the miniscule print? Please if your going to refer to something "not so nice", do it big enough to read without a magnifying glass. Is it a little secret, therefore the little bitty letters?
BBones View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/November/2006 at 1:14am
Not sure what you mean.
Justaskin View Drop Down
Muzzled
Muzzled

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justaskin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/November/2006 at 1:29am
LOL
Justaskin View Drop Down
Muzzled
Muzzled

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justaskin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/November/2006 at 1:32am
We need to get you a spoon bones, you just love to stir the pot. Keep it up the bottom is starting to burn
Sentry View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sentry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/November/2006 at 9:01am
Repeat lies and they become the truth, repeat lies and they become the truth, repeat lies and they become the truth, repeat lies and they become the truth. You are so transparent Bones.   What a goof you've become.
dogcatcher View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/November/2006 at 9:31am
We have a topic called worst landlords maybe Adminipowerful could move these to that topic.
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/November/2006 at 9:33am
I've been told by 1 half of the landlords of Brown Cow that the deal pleased all parties concerned .
BBones View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/November/2006 at 1:57am
Woah there Sentroolinfrawhardsen!

After bouncing through the threads I see where you have reason to be a little on edge with this topic.

DC, I understand the situation is well in hand now, no thanks to Doolin. 

I think this situation speaks volumes to this mans character.  From what I understand he gave them 30 days to vacate or purchase the building.  No fore warnings, no hint of what is to come. 

Doolin wants to be your Mayor.  Do we want a person that greedy and self serving?

I think the comparisons Kim Shaw was making between her Dad and Doolin are much more clear with this out in the open.

Edited by BBones - 12/November/2006 at 1:57am
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/November/2006 at 6:16am
Originally posted by BBones BBones wrote:

Not sure what you mean.
See, Bones, you knew where you were going all along, you old trickster:)
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/November/2006 at 6:25am
Originally posted by BBones BBones wrote:

Doolin wants to be your Mayor.  Do we want a person that greedy and self serving?

So now, what is it, Doolin as Simon Lagree? IF TRUE, born out of self-serving greed or necessity and self-preservation? Is there a difference?

Edited by logic - 12/November/2006 at 6:55am
Dr. Barbie View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Barbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/November/2006 at 10:17am
Originally posted by Sentry Sentry wrote:

Repeat lies and they become the truth, repeat lies and they become the truth, repeat lies and they become the truth, repeat lies and they become the truth. 

And you Sentry, are a pro at that.
mochalatte View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochalatte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/November/2006 at 5:28pm
It really disappoints me how people take what they "hear" (in other words, gossip) and put their spin on it and then come here and post about it all while trying to insinuate things that help their cause. 
Do any of you really know what happened with the Brown Cow or are you just trying to make someone look bad?  Unless you have first-hand knowledge, which I doubt you do, you shouldn't say anything.  Did you talk to Connie or Patrick or anyone else to get your info?   You throw your little tidbits out there and leave all these unanswered questions. 

Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/November/2006 at 9:17pm
As I stated I spoke personally to 1 of the owners of the bldg that houses the Brown Cow..I to had heard rumours of unpleasantness and was glad to hear that all parties concerned are happy with the deal.
BBones View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/November/2006 at 12:24am

DC, not to conflict with what you heard but please correct me if I am wrong.

Pat was the owner.

He gave them 30 days ,..... to move out,...

or purchase the building.

Another party intervened, bought the property and gave the Brown Cow a new lease.

Please tell me what is accurate!

Edited by BBones - 13/November/2006 at 12:26am
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/November/2006 at 9:01am
I think thats what happened, but minus the animosity,at least thats what 1 of the former owners told me. It sure would be nice to hear from the Brown Cow folks on this topic.
mochalatte View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochalatte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/November/2006 at 11:51am

Now I know why I'll never run for Public Office.  There'd be someone on here posting about my every move too.  Good gracious. 

Sentry View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sentry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/November/2006 at 5:29pm
Can you be any more of a goof Bones?
So let's play along with you on this one because it is so stupid it begs a go around with you.
So we all agree you are right and the supposed word on the street is correct. Doolin owns the building that Brown Cow is in, one day out of the blue Doolin approaches them and tells them you have 30 days to buy this building or I will kick you out. So far so good.
Now why would he do this? Because he is a bad landlord? Is that the point of this topic Bones? So Doolin owns a building on the supposed to die for Madison Street, he is a real estate investor and this is how he earns his living, he has what appears to be a successful business (Brown Cow) renting from him, we'll assume that they pay Doolin market rent and pay it on time, they want to stay, real estate values have leveled off but are still rising and Doolin just decides to one day stop in, buy an ice cream cone and give them a 30 day notice? Is that what happened here Bones? I thought Doolin was greedy? Why would he pass on such a sure thing as Brown Cow staying and continuing to rent from him?
Let's try mine on for size Bones. Maybe the Brown Cow's lease was expiring, they approached Doolin about buying the building because owning is better than paying rent, Doolin said sure I'll sell you the building, it's yours if you want it, Doolin and the Brown's agree on a price, sign a contract, the Brown's realize they coming into their slow season and can't afford to run a business and own the building, they can't get a mortgage and they (the Brown's) bring in another partner that is credit worthy and they close the deal and everyone is happy.
Now good people of forestpark.com, which of these scenarios sounds more plausible. Thank you.
BBones View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/November/2006 at 9:58pm

So we all agree you are right and the supposed word on the street is correct. Doolin owns the building that Brown Cow is in, one day out of the blue Doolin approaches them and tells them you have 30 days to buy this building or I will kick you out. So far so good.
Now why would he do this? Because he is a bad landlord? Is that the point of this topic Bones? So Doolin owns a building on the supposed to die for Madison Street, he is a real estate investor and this is how he earns his living, he has what appears to be a successful business (Brown Cow) renting from him, we'll assume that they pay Doolin market rent and pay it on time, they want to stay, real estate values have leveled off but are still rising and Doolin just decides to one day stop in, buy an ice cream cone and give them a 30 day notice? Is that what happened here Bones? I thought Doolin was greedy? Why would he pass on such a sure thing as Brown Cow staying and continuing to rent from him? 

SentroolinFrawHardJon,

Real estate values are not rising, if anything they are headed for a dip. Perhaps greedy Pat wanted to "Dump" the property before the prices drop even more.

Try this one: Perhaps the young nice religious couple that own The Brown Cow Ice Cream Parlor had spoken with Pat about one day hoping and dreaming to be able to afford to buy the building.

Then, their lease expired one day and they didn't realize it.

Doolin goes into them and said, "So, are you ready to buy the building?"

They replied that due to personal issues they could not even begin to afford to do so.

Doolin said, well then, here's your option, either buy it now or be out by the end of November. Pat waits one day after their lease was up to screw them over. Luckily, a good person heard what happened and came in and bought the building so they could stay.

My scenario matches Doolins persona much better.

Kinda like the old lady he talked into selling her home to him for "The most it will ever get on the open market".

She does, trusting him, and what do you think he does? Turns around and sells it a very short time later after a coat of paint, for a tidy 80k profit.

But that is his livelihood. Opportunist with a little deception added for good measure!

P.S.  Doesn't it bother you when you have three people reading your posts over your shoulder?
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/November/2006 at 10:13pm
Bones I admit the way you tell it is the exact way it was told to me,,,and  since I dont know you or who you heard it from makes me go hmmm. The other owner gave me his version  of what happened, it would be great to hear from the Browns.
Sentry View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sentry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/November/2006 at 10:12am
You are so obnoxious Bones. Maybe you should sign on for storytelling time at the Brown Cow. How on earth would you ever know what was said between Doolin and the Brown's? You and your people are so desperate to create issues that do not exist with Doolin because without your lies, you have nothing.
If property values are going down, why doesn't Calderone do whatever he did during the last election when he took credit for the 60% increase in real estate values? After all, he did it once, why not again. Right?
And you have to love the little old lady story to. I'm sure that happened. Classic.
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/November/2006 at 10:22am

If property values are going down, why doesn't Calderone do whatever he did during the last election when he took credit for the 60% increase in real estate values?
Property values are down, think just about everywhere with few exceptions. Did the Mayor really take credit for increasing real estate values?
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/November/2006 at 10:25am
I thought the credit for the "renaissance" of Forest Park was due to the Booth family re-building their home in Forest Park as opposed to leaving town.  That's what the mayor said when dedicating their street name.
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/November/2006 at 10:53am
Then who's responsible for the "renaissance" taking place in other older Chicago suburbs?
Sentry View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sentry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/November/2006 at 1:11pm
This just in.
Doolin was caught loosening the cap to a salt shaker at Louie's grill in an effort to ruin an elderly man's Denver omelette. He was also seen reaching into the collection basket and removing a $5.00 bill at St. B's last Sunday. Word on the street is also that he drowned an entire litter of innocent puppies in the Des Plaines river over the weekend. He most certainly had a hand in our beloved former Mayor Howard Mohr's heart attack in Springfield and he was working the door at Dr. Negale Jackson's recent underage drinking party on Marengo when that person got stabbed.
Does that about cover it Bones?
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/November/2006 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by logic logic wrote:

Then who's responsible for the "renaissance" taking place in other older Chicago suburbs?

You're so silly logic, just Forest Park has had an increase in property values because of the forward thinking leadership of the community

You must be mistaken about other older Chicago suburbs having a renaissance 

Edited by piehead - 16/November/2006 at 2:16pm
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/November/2006 at 3:10pm
I heard Doolin and Johnson are now doing illegal tattooing and body piercings in the basement of Village Hall. That about covers it now.
PaulW View Drop Down
Citizen
Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/November/2006 at 4:33pm

This just in.
Doolin was caught loosening the cap to a salt shaker at Louie's grill in an effort to ruin an elderly man's Denver omelette. He was also seen reaching into the collection basket and removing a $5.00 bill at St. B's last Sunday. Word on the street is also that he drowned an entire litter of innocent puppies in the Des Plaines river over the weekend. He most certainly had a hand in our beloved former Mayor Howard Mohr's heart attack in Springfield and he was working the door at Dr. Negale Jackson's recent underage drinking party on Marengo when that person got stabbed.
Does that about cover it Bones?

I think that just about covers it.
BBones View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/November/2006 at 7:05pm

And you have to love the little old lady story to. I'm sure that happened. Classic.

You know I speak to a lot of people while still going to work every day.  You would be surprised how many different folks I talk to daily.

How about you Sentroolfrawhardjon?  You must talk to a few folks every day?

Check on Doolins' purchase and sales on emmmmmmmm I think the 1100 block of lathrop.  I might be wrong but I think that is were the nice old lady lived that Dollin took advantage of.  Check it out.  Or just ask the guy, isn't he there, over your shoulder telling you what to type? 

justaparker View Drop Down
Seagull
Seagull

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justaparker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/November/2006 at 8:16pm

You are so obnoxious Bones. Maybe you should sign on for storytelling time at the Brown Cow. How on earth would you ever know what was said between Doolin and the Brown's? You and your people are so desperate to create issues that do not exist with Doolin because without your lies, you have nothing.
If property values are going down, why doesn't Calderone do whatever he did during the last election when he took credit for the 60% increase in real estate values? After all, he did it once, why not again. Right?

Actually Sentry, the little old lady story, well it did happen. I am sure it was not one of Doolins greatest moments.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>