Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Main Discussion Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1000 Beloit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Citizen
Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itsme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2009 at 8:45am
Because gangs and drug dealers/users never hang out in abandoned buildings?
dogcatcher View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2009 at 9:29am
Not here at least not at this corner  the known drug sellers and buyers have vanished since the Village got them outta there.
FOCUS !!
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2009 at 10:15am
Be honest DC, when did the repairs start?  Last week?  It has still been sitting vacant and an eyesore since the day the village closed on it.  
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2009 at 10:54am
Originally posted by dogcatcher dogcatcher wrote:

Wrong again Watcher..the repairs have been made and the crumbling has stopped..still empty tho.  Personnal empty and vacant has worked for those of us concerned with the Gangs and Drug Dealers who occupied the space for 10+ yrs.

Yeah, the place is ready for its PRIDE AWARD.

It was the village's senseless obstinance toward the building's owner that
made it a "bad" building. Tony knows best.
"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2009 at 10:57am
And the village's non-enforcement of village codes I am positive played a role as well.

The village consistently lets bad landlords remain bad landlords.  Just look at the case of 915 Ferdinand if you don't believe me.  They allow the bad to stay bad.  http://forestparkreview.com/main.asp?Search=1&ArticleID=3405&SectionID=1&SubSectionID=38&S=1
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2009 at 10:58am
Look around town Pie there are plenty of eyesores and they are inhabited..take a ride north on harlem and look at the crappy houses that are in a total state of disrepair. This is not the only one..and I for one could care less how it looks as long as the scum who were there are gone.
FOCUS !!
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2009 at 11:02am

Look around town Pie there are plenty of eyesores and they are inhabited..take a ride north on harlem and look at the crappy houses that are in a total state of disrepair. This is not the only one..and I for one could care less how it looks as long as the scum who were there are gone.

Exactly, the wonderful building department, headed up by Boyle and under Curry, doesn't do their jobs.  Hence, we end up with places like 1000 Beloit and others in town.
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2009 at 11:12am
It has to be very hard to get home-owners to comply. I still say 1000 was a good thing for the community in general,I would bet that Ed's Way has not had the win dows shot out since the druggies were displaced.
FOCUS !!
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2009 at 11:29am
Still not sold on saying that buying 1000 was a good thing for our community.  Spending $330K when they could have fixed the problem other ways is not good for a community that doesn't have that kind of cash.  Maybe if we didn't waste money on that building they could have done the right thing and at least paid my deductible for an accident THEY CAUSED, not nature.
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2009 at 1:08pm
The insurance company did not pay.
FOCUS !!
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2009 at 1:56pm

The insurance company did not pay.
NOPE, told me that even though they did not secure the signs in any manner (like a sandbag!!!) it was nature that moved it. 

Return to the 1000 Beloit comments please.  Sorry for the slight detour.

Edited by piehead - 14/January/2009 at 2:14pm
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/January/2009 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by piehead piehead wrote:

Return to the 1000 Beloit comments please.  Sorry for the slight detour.

When it comes to mention of bizarre bazaar purchasing, detours are typical. Calling up down don't make it so.
"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/May/2009 at 6:33am
Originally posted by Mayor Calderone on March 5th, 2007 Mayor Calderone on March 5th, 2007 wrote:

The village has not yet closed on the building. We will only close when the building is tenant free. Not sure who will do any work yet because the variety of use for the building is not totally decided.

We do have a handy public works department and we certainly could use them for some of this type of work.

In not too many weeks you will have a new village council and I feel that they may want to weigh in of the use in it's totality.

This can turn out to be a true asset to residents south of the I-290.

1. It could be used as a police sub station (not manned 24-7)

2. It can be used by the Paramedics for blood pressure testing on a regular schedule.

3. It could be used by our neighborhood watch folks for their regular monthly meetings.

4. It could be used for other neighborhood meetings.

5. It could be used as a payment center for villages services.

6. It could become a resource center for picking up things you would otherwise pick up at 517 Desplaines.

I would like to see the rear building torn down to make way for a few parking spaces.

We are paying for this building with the proceeds from the sale of the Ark building which was located on Madison Street. Those proceeds were set aside when we closed on that property.

Bumped to provide context to the plan to raze the building.

And to condense the several threads about the building into one omnibus topic.

citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/May/2009 at 10:13pm
do you think they feel remorse? for blowing 1/2 a million of dc's hard earned dollars.
bcbandit View Drop Down
Mod Squad
Mod Squad
Muzzle Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcbandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/May/2009 at 6:23am
Make it a Siniors Spot, Blood Pressure.,  Flu Shots maybe Even a Hand in getting ALL the paper work for the School.. Even an After school Hangout, With someone Watching for art or something..

Hundres of Thousand in Violations AND Still pay 330.000?   If this Gets Bull dozed,
Think of About 700,000 Plus the Cost of Demo Plus the Cost of paving..

Someone has to have a Better Idea..?  BCB...
I'm Chevy Chase and It's Time for the news.
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/May/2009 at 8:24am
reality check - the building is a piece of junk. nothing about it is worth saving and wasn't when we purchased it.
everyone knew that.
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/May/2009 at 11:04am
Originally posted by citizen citizen wrote:

reality check - the building is a piece of junk. nothing about it is worth saving and wasn't when we purchased it.
everyone knew that.

EXCEPT our mayor and the commissioners that voted for the purchase....Calderone, Hosty, Gillian I believe thought it was a good idea.

I told Calderone my thoughts on it then and they are still true. Truer now in fact. But heck, it helped galvanize DC's vote.
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/May/2009 at 11:50am

everyone knew that.

EXCEPT our mayor and the commissioners that voted for the purchase....Calderone, Hosty, Gillian I believe thought it was a good idea.

I told Calderone my thoughts on it then and they are still true. Truer now in fact. But heck, it helped galvanize DC's vote.

Was it worth 100 votes? $330K? $3300 a vote?

Direct beneficiary; MATC.
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/May/2009 at 11:58am
Originally posted by watcher watcher wrote:

everyone knew that.

Was it worth 100 votes? $330K? $3300 a vote?

Direct beneficiary; MATC.

got that right. MATC wins; we lose.

And if Gillian is picked as VA, we're back to that mentality.

Edited by piehead - 07/May/2009 at 11:58am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12