Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Main Discussion Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"No good deed goes......"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "No good deed goes......"
    Posted: 29/June/2007 at 11:42am

Now that Trailside in River Forest no longer does wildlife intake, those of us that take in wild animals needing care have a dilemma. We've had 6 baby birds this Summer, all common, none on the protected species list, 3 made it, the others did not. Also had some baby squirrels, late litter(?), born in Sept last year but were able to find a woman, licensed to care for them, on the far south side, where God lost his shoes. This article in the Review is interesting, especially the last paragraph.  Do they really want to be contacted about all/any wild animals that are found? My guess would be, no, leave it where you found it and let nature take it's course.

Edited by logic - 29/June/2007 at 11:43am
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/June/2007 at 8:10am
logic, assume you are talking about the critters around your house. or more exotic?

what a difference a mile makes. used to run into those guys alot. even deer prints in the snow, raccoons up the trees. then i moved to north side. now all i see are pidgeons, and 3 cicadas.
videoguy View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote videoguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/July/2007 at 4:10pm
Maybe you need to stay up later, Citizen. I see animals on the north side of town all the time, but usually late at night. Raccoons, possums, and skunks at night, and lots of birds during the day. Lately there has been a hawk or some other kind of raptor flying around dive bombing the other birdies. Cool to watch.
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/July/2007 at 9:01pm
vg, i bet you're right. i'm not paying enough attention. thx.

Post Reply Post Reply