Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Main Discussion Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Car break-in

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tourist
Tourist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scribble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Car break-in
    Posted: 05/September/2007 at 11:01pm
I had my car broken into (1100 block of Elgin, alley, harlem side) last weekend, sometime from Friday 7:00pm to Sunday 11:00am.  Car radio stolen, drivers license, backpack with TI-84 calculator and USB flash card.  Just a reminder to double check your car locks, or make sure your garage door is closed!  Walking to the train this morning through the alley I saw atleast 6 garage doors open, on the 1000 block. 

Anyone have any luck getting back their stolen property at local pawn shops?  I haven't had the time to check them yet, but plan to tomorrow.

Edited by Scribble - 05/September/2007 at 11:02pm
videoguy View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote videoguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2007 at 12:25am
That sucks, but a better strategy is not to leave any valuables in your car, especilly overnight.
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2007 at 8:29am
Although it's kind a hard to take your car radio out when you lock it up!

Sorry to hear you got broken into.
mochalatte View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochalatte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2007 at 9:40am
A family member's truck got broken into a while back, and all of his stuff ended up at the flea market in the city.  I believe it's Maxwell St.  That's also a possibility.
bcbandit View Drop Down
Mod Squad
Mod Squad
Muzzle Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcbandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2007 at 5:43pm
I would have to tell you to Add a Car Alarm and then Decide if you want the alarm to Show the blinking red light.

My car Does not show the light, it will let Whoever Open a door or window Before they Find out it's a Setup.

Or youcould show a Blinkie light and make them think if they Can Grap Enough stuff in a few seconds before they run away..

Eather way, Get an Alarm.. BCB..

I'm Chevy Chase and It's Time for the news.
Wolf View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2007 at 10:27am
     Sorry about your break in. It totally sucks when your a victum of theft. If this makes you feel any better. One of my family members was working at blank, blank car dealership in FP. Working as a security guard. Got out of the car to lock a gate, someguy stole his car while he was locking the gate. He got fired. They found his car and he did get it back in one piece. Dogs and they don't have to be those killer dogs are always a good thing to have. Dogs hear stuff and might make low lifes stay away from your property if they hear the barking or see the dog.
wolf aka speedracer
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2007 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by Wolf Wolf wrote:

Dogs hear stuff and might make low lifes stay away from your property if they hear the barking or see the dog.

However, dogs left outside at night barking can be a potential problem for all the neighbors who live around it!!!
jujube50 View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujube50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/September/2007 at 12:05pm
Wolf, why was he fired?
Wolf View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2007 at 9:41am
Ok, The car dealership outsourced the security. The actual security company is in FP. After the car was stolen (he was supposed to be protecting the grounds) the car dealership cancelled their account with the company. So in actuallity he did not lose his job. The company lost the account at that particular dealer ship. So he still works for the sercurity company just no longer in FP. (This particular security company does not carry guns)
If a dog owner left the dog out all night they would be poor dog owners. I go to bed, my dogs follow. If the neighbors pull up or kids on the streets making noise. My dogs bark, I peek out the window to see whats going on. Noises I don't hear but the dogs do. Have you ever herd the expression, WATCH DOG! Working dogs! They do this naturally if you get the right breed.
wolf aka speedracer
Scribble View Drop Down
Tourist
Tourist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scribble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2007 at 9:53am
My neighbor actually has a big rott in his backyard all the time, right next to where the car is located.  Barks when anyone makes noise, so no one checks when the dog is barking. 
I have a pitt/mix, but she is only outside when I go outside. 

I put a boombox inside the car, and I only have to drive it once a week now.
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2007 at 9:59am
Originally posted by Scribble Scribble wrote:

My neighbor actually has a big rott in his backyard all the time, right next to where the car is located.  Barks when anyone makes noise, so no one checks when the dog is barking. 

And the neighbors (including you) don't mind this dog outside all the time...barking?  Glad he doesn't live next to me.  His dog would be inside at night...we are not the deep south where dogs live outside!
Scribble View Drop Down
Tourist
Tourist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scribble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2007 at 10:16am
Its not a piercing loud bark.  Can barely hear it when the windows are closed.

Rarely (twice in six months) it barks nonstop when I am in the backyard, but usually it's a couple barks when people get close to the fence.  The neighbors that play their loud bass heavy music in the alley, bother me twenty times as much as the dog.
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2007 at 10:19am
Originally posted by Scribble Scribble wrote:

The neighbors that play their loud bass heavy music in the alley, bother me twenty times as much as the dog.

If you are more than 50 Ft. away from the loud music and can hear it, they are violating the sound ordinance.  Call the authorities if they are.  People need to know to respect others space.  And if they don't want to, they are free to move elsewhere.
Scribble View Drop Down
Tourist
Tourist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scribble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2007 at 10:31am

I'm not intrested in starting arguements up with neighbors.  Another neighbor acrossed the alley has band practice once a week, which is reletively loud.  I sometimes just hang outside so I can hear, because I enjoy their taste in music.  You gotta take the good with the bad. 

piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2007 at 10:35am
Obviously your choice; but that thumping bass music tends to go right through a person and hurt the brain. 

So a real life garage band?  Kids or adults?  They play out anywhere or just for fun?
Scribble View Drop Down
Tourist
Tourist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scribble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2007 at 10:45am
They are adults, and I haven't asked them if they play anywhere yet.  They play in their backyard, and do some great radiohead covers :) 
 Post Reply Post Reply