Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Local Political Arena > Police , Fire, Village Departments
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

cops turn off video cameras

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/September/2007 at 8:28am
cause cameras don't lie. or feel allegiance.
remember the old reporter's note? ask 10 witnesses what they saw and you'll get 10 different answers.

therefore, the FPPD and the taxpayers purchased cameras. easy, huh?
BBones View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/September/2007 at 1:43am
Originally posted by Sizzle Sizzle wrote:

Okay, I could get into a discussion about who insulted who, yada yada.  That's just immature.  Instead, I will just repeat the questions to Carl that I already posted near the beginning of this discussion.

Number 1.   Carl, you noted a "rumor" in your blog about FPPD's practice of deliberately turning off their dash cams.  Can you tell us where you heard that rumor, and why do you believe it?

Number 2. Do you have a factual basis to form an opinion that mulitiple officers (not just the one officer in that one instance) have been doing this?  If so, what is your basis?

Number 3. Chief Ryan disciplined the officer in that instance for not having his dash camera on.  Please explain why you think Chief Ryan condones this behavior, based on this instance.

Number 4. You seemed to have given a half assed answer to this one.  Was you e-mail to Mike before your unfounded alegation or after?
I also noted that during this discussion, you posted a comment showing that you have requested dash cam data from Mike Sturino.  Does this mean that you do not have the data to support your claims and inferences you made in your original blog post?

...... I think a true journalist would try to get both sides of a story, regardless of their own personal slant.  You don't have to answer this one, it's just a thought. 

Any answers Carl? 
Sentry View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sentry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/September/2007 at 10:58am
Originally posted by BBones BBones wrote:

[QUOTE=Sizzle]

Number 1.   Carl, you noted a "rumor" in your blog about FPPD's practice of deliberately turning off their dash cams.  Can you tell us where you heard that rumor, and why do you believe it

Number 2. Do you have a factual basis to form an opinion that multiple officers (not just the one officer in that one instance) have been doing this?  If so, what is your basis

Number 3 Chief Ryan disciplined the officer in that instance for not having his dash camera on.  Please explain why you think Chief Ryan condones this behavior, based on this instance

Number 4. You seemed to have given a half assed answer to this one.  Was you e-mail to Mike before your unfounded alegation or after

Any answers Carl? 

#1. It is not a rumor. On one side you criticize Carl of not being an ethical journalist then you want him to reveal his sources. Journalists never give up their source. You can't have it both ways now can you? A cop has been disciplined for not using his camera according to the coward Sizzle. How many more cops have been disciplined? How many tapes exist on file? Why isn't Hedonism III aka the FPPD releasing this information? Will it be to damaging?

#2. If this new cop has figured out how not to use his camera and as a new guy feels like it is O.K. to not use his camera then common sense will tell you that someone told him not to worry about it. New people always want to impress their boss and do everything right. Of course unless this is what he has been taught. Common sense tells you if one is not using their camera other are not using their camera. Of course common sense isn't exactly rampant over at Hedonism III aka the FPPD.
#3. The disgraced Ryan thought that one cop swearing at another cop in roll call was reason to terminate a 20+ year veteran. So if swearing is a termination offense, what possible discipline did he dole out to the cop that didn't use his camera and tasered a black man numerous times until he crapped in his pants? We know one thing for sure. The disgraced Ryan didn't fire him did he? Swearing gets you fired. And violating civil rights gets you a letter of reprimand and additional training over at Hedonism III. Go figure.
#4. Carl asked for a copy of the policy on using cameras. We can all assume there is a policy that requires the cops to actually use the camera installed in their car. Right? The question the coward Sizzle asked is stupid. After all. The coward said the disgraced Ryan disciplined the cop. Why would the disgraced Ryan discipline him if there was no policy?
Once again. Many questions have been asked of the coward Sizzle with no answers. After all. The coward Sizzle has all the answers. Right?     
BBones View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/September/2007 at 11:13am
Your an ass
JBWB View Drop Down
Seagull
Seagull

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBWB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/September/2007 at 11:16am
..........and a hole
If I had a hammer.... I would use it on a nail
Sentry View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sentry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/September/2007 at 11:18am
Originally posted by BBones BBones wrote:

Your an ass

About what I'd expect from a blowhard. That is also where you pull most of your "information" from.
Sentry View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sentry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/September/2007 at 11:19am
Originally posted by JBWB JBWB wrote:

..........and a hole

More wisdom and insight from you guessed it a Calderone supporter.     
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/September/2007 at 12:05pm
Anyone who asks has a right to view the taser/squad cam policies without any terms or conditions r/t the identity of the requester.
Sizzle View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/September/2007 at 2:18pm
Gee, I'm pretty sure I asked Nyberg these questions, but Sentry keeps jumping all over it like I'm talking to her.  C'mon Carl, I've asked these questions twice now.  You're the one who said you wouldn't let me out of this discussion so easy.  Seems you're the one who disappeared.
Dr. Barbie View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Barbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/September/2007 at 2:32pm
Sentry thinks everybody is talking to her.  She's the one in the room who thinks she's part of every conversation, whether she's welcome or not.

As for Carl, he's busy whoring his blog.
Carl Nyberg View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl Nyberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/September/2007 at 3:41pm
1. The source of the information was secondary and not primary.
2. The basis is the source of the information.
3. I believe Chief Ryan hands out discipline based on who he perceives as allies and enemies. Political allies of Calderone and the FPPD "in crowd" get preferential treatment. Ryan also implements draconian discipline against cops he doesn't like.
4. Asking for confirmation from an official source is hardly the same as not having info.

Here's my question for BBones and Sizzle, if it turns out that FPPD officers were systematically turning off their cameras, will it change your mind about the FPPD, Chief Jim Ryan, Mike Sturino or Mayor Calderone?
videoguy View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote videoguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/September/2007 at 1:35am
Originally posted by Dr. Barbie Dr. Barbie wrote:

Some would say a whore is one who defends a politician no matter what they do.
dogcatcher View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/September/2007 at 7:05am
That wasnt nice VG.
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/September/2007 at 7:43am

Sentry thinks everybody is talking to her. 
I'm talking to Sentry, so are you
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Barbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/September/2007 at 8:02am
Actually I find her more of a cat toy.  Bat it around a little and watch it react.
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/September/2007 at 8:28am

Always liked this quote:

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle --- Philo
BBones View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/September/2007 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by videoguy videoguy wrote:

Some would say a whore is one who defends a politician no matter what they do.

Yes, just like Carl who now advertises for Doolin on his blog.
dogcatcher View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/September/2007 at 5:20pm
Blogging whores..so whos the pimp daddy?
Mr. Deeds View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Deeds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/September/2007 at 5:56pm
There is a perfectly legitimate reason why they don't turn on the cameras. A video camera adds 20lbs to your appearance. Our officers get distressed when they think they look fat. Having the cameras off saves them the emotional distress.

Honey, does this new utility belt make my ass look big to you?

Those who can make you believe absurdities have the power to make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire~
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/September/2007 at 8:29pm
Why anyone would pay to advertise on a free site is beyond me.....blogspot.com is FREE.
videoguy View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote videoguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2007 at 2:22pm
The ads are not free. Thats how bloggers make money. But if Doolin pays for an ad on the site, how is that Carl whoring for him? No sense, "Dr.".
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2007 at 2:35pm
My perplexity is that anyone would pay money to advertise on a FREE, doesn't cost Carl anything but time (which I presume he has a lot of), blog.  It's not like this that does at least cost admin something to keep running.  And there are no ads here.
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Barbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2007 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by videoguy videoguy wrote:

The ads are not free. Thats how bloggers make money. But if Doolin pays for an ad on the site, how is that Carl whoring for him? No sense, "Dr.".

I didn't say Carl was whoring for Doolin.  I just saw this thread as Carl reminding us once again that he has a blog that we should all be reading.
jailbird View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jailbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2007 at 3:00pm
Hey, I think it works perfectly for both of them. Nyberg gets to feel important because someone advertises on his worthless blog and Doolin gets to advertise in something he can still afford. A perfect match.
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Barbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2007 at 3:07pm
Do you suppose if Carl ever gives up living on the street he'll use Doolin as a realtor?
Patrick Doolin View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Proviso Trustee Candidate 2009

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patrick Doolin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2007 at 5:59pm

Do you suppose if Carl ever gives up living on the street he'll use Doolin as a realtor?

Well, I certainly hope he would. 

I couldn't imaging him using Donna Serpico.  (Not only a real estate agent but also Ron Serpico's wife) 

Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patrick Doolin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2007 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by jailbird jailbird wrote:

Hey, I think it works perfectly for both of them. Nyberg gets to feel important because someone advertises on his worthless blog and Doolin gets to advertise in something he can still afford. A perfect match.

Are you implying that I am no longer a man of means?   
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patrick Doolin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2007 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by piehead piehead wrote:

Why anyone would pay to advertise on a free site is beyond me.....blogspot.com is FREE.

Goggle is FREE to it's users as well.  Why would anyone pay to advertise on that FREE site? 

Because you pay to get your name & product/service in front of people visiting those FREE sites. 

Check ProvisoProbes site meter.  In the past 2 years, almost 300,000 people visited that site.  As such, it is reasonable to assume most of those visiting the site live locally since much of the information posted there is local in nature.  

Having the ability to reach approximately 100,000 people (give or take as many visit on a regular basis) a year in your local market is worth exploring. 

Case & point.  In the short time I have been advertising on Carl's blog, I have been stopped and/or approached by people in Westchester, Berwyn & Broadview that said they recognized me from my picture on ProvisoProbe.  These are contacts I wouldn't have made if not for the ad on ProvisoProbe. 

This is the why? of why would anyone pay to advertise on FREE sites.     
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2007 at 7:49pm
Thanks for the response Patrick.  I'm glad it's worked out for you.  I still don't see how Carl can charge for something that is free to him.  Want to advertise on my blog too?

Jsut kidding

Edited by piehead - 26/September/2007 at 7:54pm
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/September/2007 at 8:53pm

i don't get your question, pie. about carl's blog. how is his time & energy free, anymore than google?

or, isn't everything free until you put a price tag on it, and see if folks agree w/you?

Edited by citizen - 26/September/2007 at 9:02pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>