Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Local Political Arena > Police , Fire, Village Departments
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Weather Report

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Barbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/October/2007 at 11:23am
I'm not asking about Bruno, I'm asking about Rezko.

I know who Bruno is.  He's the guy Doolin rented office space to.
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/October/2007 at 11:25am
Wasn't he the Mayor's water project guy?:))))
Sentry View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sentry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/October/2007 at 11:25am
No. He is the one that gave thousands to Citizens for Calderone and Calderone said he was a good guy on NBC5 news and he sold this town a corrupt multi-million dollar water project and the FBI has subpoenaed all those records from the village. That is Bruno.
Dr. Barbie View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Barbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/October/2007 at 11:28am

Obviously Rezko is connected to one of Sentry's friends.

Can anyone else tell me who the person linked to Rezko is?

Sentry View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sentry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/October/2007 at 11:31am
This breaking weather report just in.
A Tsunami has hit the Hedonism III resort aka the Forest Park police department. Everyone is scrambling for higher ground in the form of an opportunity to cut a deal with Patrick Fitzgerald. Murphy will plead guilty to protect his wife from jail time. Ryan will turn on Calderone. Calderone will ask for Ryan's resignation just like he did with Pope. Hosty will be dragging into this to but no one cares about him because he is so unimportant. Soon we can expect calm skies to return and people will put their lives back together. Maybe.     
Sentry View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sentry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/October/2007 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Dr. Barbie Dr. Barbie wrote:

P]

Can anyone else tell me who the person linked to Rezko is?

Rod Blagovich and Barack Obama
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Barbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/October/2007 at 11:36am
It was also revealed in August that a third sergeant in the department has ties to Antoin "Tony" Rezko, who was indicted by federal investigators on corruption charges 12 months ago.

Anyone?  Bueller?
Carl Nyberg View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl Nyberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/October/2007 at 12:00pm
Dr. Barbie, let me get this straight.

In one part of the discussion you say you won't draw a negative inference from the U.S. Attorney indicting someone for a violent crime.

And in another part of the same discussion you want to create a negative inference about someone based on some unexplained "ties" to someone who has been indicted for a non-violent crime.

Dr. Barbie, please explain your logic about why you draw a negative inference about Antoin "Tony" Rezko, but not Mike "I'll beat your Black @#%" Murphy?
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/October/2007 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by logic logic wrote:

Was Murphy promoted? He is to whom I am referring.

Sorry, logic.  I was thinking about Cody and his getting promoted after being convicted.

Edited by piehead - 26/October/2007 at 12:07pm
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/October/2007 at 12:06pm

I'm not asking about Bruno, I'm asking about Rezko.

I know who Bruno is.  He's the guy Doolin rented office space to.

Bruno is the guy FP gave over $100K to for what?  I know our mayor said it was money well spent   http://www.nbc5.com/news/3998638/detail.html
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Barbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/October/2007 at 12:10pm
Carl, I said I would reserve my decision on Murphy's guilt until all the facts are in.  I asked who the person that has ties to Rezko is and no one wants to give me an answer.

You can find all the conspiracys you want here.  I just want an answer to my question.
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl Nyberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/October/2007 at 12:15pm
Dr. Barbie, I think you're engaging in a bad faith attempt to change this discussion from the bad acts of Forest Park police officers and a cover-up by the Village of Forest Park and the Cook County State's Attorney.

But let's play out your stupid game.

Why do you care about Rezko? Isn't he as innocent as Murphy in your world view? Correct me if I'm wrong, but Rezko hasn't been convicted of wrongdoing any more than Murphy has, right?

As for your silliness about someone having "ties" to Rezko, have you defined "ties"? I probably have met someone who has met George W. Bush. Does this make me "tied" to George W. Bush?

Dr. Barbie, how many allegations of misconduct do you have to know about before you draw a negative inference about the chief of police and the mayor?
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Barbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/October/2007 at 12:20pm
The article mentioned other issues with the police department.  Several posts up I quoted the article and asked who the person referred to was. 

Why am I not entitled to an answer? 

Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl Nyberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/October/2007 at 12:27pm
Dr. Barbie, I notice you evaded all the issues I raised about your approach to this discussion.

You seek to avoid the big issues by injecting BS that is just a smear against people you don't like.

Dr. Barbie, you have not explained why one should draw a negative inference about Rezko. You haven't explained what you mean by some person being "tied" to another person.

You are raising issues that are irrelevant by your own standards.

If you want to have a discussion about "ties" to Rezko, start a separate thread.
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Barbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/October/2007 at 12:30pm
I asked a simple question in relation to the article that is referenced on this thread.  Other people have turned it into an issue.

It is obvious I am not going to get an answer.  Question is why?
jailbird View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jailbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/October/2007 at 12:32pm
http://forestparkreview.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=38&ArticleID=1504&TM=83207.85
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl Nyberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/October/2007 at 12:52pm
You want to discuss the Calderone/Sturino/Ryan smear campaign against Frawley take it to the new thread I've created.
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr. Barbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/October/2007 at 12:57pm
I'm not the one getting their knickers in a knot over this.  I just asked who it was and you have answered my question.  Thank you.
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/October/2007 at 1:03pm
Think Sentry took a break for lunch:)
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl Nyberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/October/2007 at 1:05pm
Not so fast Barbie. You haven't explained why anyone should think badly of Rezko, but not Mike "I'll beat your Black @$%" Murphy.
jailbird View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jailbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/October/2007 at 1:19pm
Carl, maybe everyone just found out about the Murphy indictment today and have yet to know anything about it beyond what they read in the Tribune or The Review. Some people want to wait for fact in order to form an opinion either way. As for Rezko, it's a done issue. He's a bad egg and everyone knows it. It has nothing to do with Murphy. The Review brought up the sergeant connection to Rezko, Dr. B was just asking who it was. Lay off.
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl Nyberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/October/2007 at 4:09pm
jailbird, you're telling me to "lay off" your boy Barbie...

jailbird, you sound like someone accustomed to giving orders in Forest Park.

Is there a threat implied in your order to me? You gonna the thugs from Calderone's goon squad, aka the Forest Park PD, pay me a visit?
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl Nyberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/October/2007 at 4:10pm
jailbird, what makes Rezko a "bad egg" and not Mike "I'll beat your Black @$%" Murphy?
KPO'M View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KPO'M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/October/2007 at 6:13pm

I'm not the one getting their knickers in a knot over this.  I just asked who it was and you have answered my question.  Thank you.

Is it safe to say you are concerned about both Frawley and Murphy or are some allegations more concerning than others? I for one am concerned about both, although more so about an actual indictment. I'm also concerned that the police and administration seem to take a blase attitude about the goings on in the department, except when allegations involve those associated with the mayor's political rivals.
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/October/2007 at 11:19am
There were numerous pages of posts r/t the Harder issue, and various threads, don't have the energy to try and find them. This is what I remember, some a little vague. Don't believe Hooks was homeless but spent lots of time on the street. He was picked-up again in FP after the Murphy arrest, was wanted by OPPD as a suspect in breaking/entering, can't remember if it was cars/apts. Did he have any fear of returning to FP? Murphy was put on leave, don't remember if it was paid/unpaid, from what was alluded to by other posters, getting counseling may have been part of it but that is a privacy issue. Mr Hooks/his lawyer filed a lawsuit, he accepted a monetary settlement. Have seen/heard nothing in the past several yrs that implies any wrongdoing on Murphy's part, have you?
KPO'M View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KPO'M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/October/2007 at 9:39pm

Did he have any fear of returning to FP? Murphy was put on leave, don't remember if it was paid/unpaid, from what was alluded to by other posters, getting counseling may have been part of it but that is a privacy issue. Mr Hooks/his lawyer filed a lawsuit, he accepted a monetary settlement. Have seen/heard nothing in the past several yrs that implies any wrongdoing on Murphy's part, have you?

Evidently, the U.S. Attorney's office thinks they have evidence of wrongdoing.  This could take months, however, and it doesn't appear the local "insiders" have much to say on the matter right now, so we'll probably need to wait and see where this goes as far as Murphy is concerned.  As far as Ryan and Calderone are concerned, though, sooner, rather than later, they will need to make changes.  The number of reports against a small police department like ours is just staggering, and I don't think we need an investigation to tell us that we don't have an appropriate tone at the top.
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/October/2007 at 10:19pm

Taken out of context.

KPO'M View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KPO'M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/October/2007 at 10:57pm

Taken out of context.

Not intentionally.  For some reason there has been a lot less discussion on the Murphy case than some other recent controversies involving the department.  Your rhetorical question has an answer that hopefully will get the conversation rolling again.
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/October/2007 at 12:14am
The Murphy case had it's start on the Harder threads, lots of past posts, if it's possible to unearth and read them. The indictment may be new, the story behind it is not. Maybe that's why there is little discussion.
BBones View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/October/2007 at 12:18am
It is like tearing a scab off.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>