Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Education > FoPa Forums Help and Tips
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Post editing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Post editing
    Posted: 31/October/2007 at 9:48pm
With this new upgrade, think when you edit a post, even the most minor change it becomes new again. Have a post from yesterday sitting there pending with today's date because I can't figure out how to put it back where it belongs. It was posted yesterday around 9A. Don't think I'll be able to move it unless I can change the date/time posted.
Mr. Deeds View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Deeds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/October/2007 at 10:17pm
Worked Ok for me. Now i'll go back and edit it again.

Those who can make you believe absurdities have the power to make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire~
Mr. Deeds View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Deeds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/October/2007 at 10:17pm
Ok, let's see if you're correct.
I'll post this and edit it.

Next.....

edit.

2nd edit.

Edited by administrator - 31/October/2007 at 10:17pm
Those who can make you believe absurdities have the power to make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire~
Mr. Deeds View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Deeds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/October/2007 at 10:23pm
Ah, now I see what you mean. When you edit a post it takes it out of order and puts it to the bottom or top, depending on how you have your sort order. That's not how it should work.
Guess i'll have to bother the support forum with this one. I don't know if it's a bug with our database or with the software.

mochalatte View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochalatte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/November/2007 at 9:44am
How about the active topics?  Every time I click on it, it says no active topics since last visit even if there have been.
mochalatte View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochalatte Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/November/2007 at 9:55am
Never mind.  It's working now.  Thanks.
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/November/2007 at 2:03pm

new issue.

appears the 'registered' date of posters is off. for instance, mine (and anyone else who posted today) is listed as today. or in pie's case, yesterday. not a big deal, just fyi.

Mr. Deeds View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Deeds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/November/2007 at 2:09pm
I think that's how it's always been. It shows todays postings as such. If you posted yesterday it says Yesterday. Beyond that it gives the date of the posting.

citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/November/2007 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by administrator administrator wrote:

I think that's how it's always been. It shows todays postings as such. If you posted yesterday it says Yesterday. Beyond that it gives the date of the posting.

?
in 'memberlist' it shows the date on which a member first joined the board.
if you check out 'citizen' i just joined today - and apparently have been spamming since midnight. i should win a prize for # of posts per day. LOL
Mr. Deeds View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Deeds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/November/2007 at 8:24am
Test. Sort order.

Mr. Deeds View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Deeds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/November/2007 at 8:26am
I just found some incorrect settings in the new database which were generated during the conversion process. However I don't know if the date/time problems will fix themselves or stay as they are in regards to whatever was posted up until now.
This post is a test to see what happens. in a few minutes I'll try to edit this post and see if it works properly.
But first i have enter another new post for testing.

Test.....
I am now in Edit mode. If the problem was fixed, the original post time and the edit time should be different. If not, I have to go back and look for other database problems.

Edited by administrator - 05/November/2007 at 8:26am
Mr. Deeds View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Deeds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/November/2007 at 8:28am
Well, back to the old drawing board. There are probably other fields in the database that have to be compared and edited. I think it's going to be a long day.

Mr. Deeds View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Deeds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/November/2007 at 9:08am
test2
Mr. Deeds View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Deeds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/November/2007 at 9:10am
Another database table fixed, another test.

Test.....
Edit post. See where it goes.
At%20a%20loss

Dangit! This IS going to be a long morning.
Cry

Edited by administrator - 05/November/2007 at 9:10am
Mr. Deeds View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Deeds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/November/2007 at 9:59am
Here we go again. Had to edit 3 or 4 more database tables.

Edit.....
Are we there yet? I hate doing this stuff.

Edited by administrator - 05/November/2007 at 10:02am
Mr. Deeds View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Deeds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/November/2007 at 10:00am
test 3
Mr. Deeds View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Deeds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/November/2007 at 10:04am
Bada-Bing Bada-Boom! I was starting to think God was mad at me for letting Sentry use the forums. The Edit stuff works now. Now we have to see if something else broke in the process.
If anyone notices more bugs, let me know.

Mr. Deeds View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Deeds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/November/2007 at 10:09am
It looks like the "joined date" thing is going to stay with the current dates. This is because the user data file was written to in the database and i ain't that good yet to be able to get into the right place and edit the actual data. Besides, I wouldn't know what dates to put in, or all the users that were affected. It's just something we'll have to live with.
But at least Dogcatcher will be able to keep her status as the Uber-Poster. The post numbers haven't changed.

dogcatcher View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/November/2007 at 10:13am
Aww ty for noticing.
 Post Reply Post Reply