Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Local Political Arena > Hot Topics, Scandals, Political Issues
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Phantom Appraisal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Phantom Appraisal
    Posted: 29/November/2007 at 8:33am
I'm not sure just how phantom this is.

YMCA Land Sale
backman
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/November/2007 at 8:49am
Who's speaking after the mayor speaks?  The one talking about the 8%.  Is that Sturino?

From the review:  "But according to Village Administrator Mike Sturino, Forest Park never received such an appraisal, nor was the figure used as the basis for setting an asking price.

"I don't believe there was ever an appraisal for $4.6 million," Sturino said."

So, Mr. Backman, are you going to send a link to Mr. Sturino or the Review so they can hear exactly what the Council said....
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/November/2007 at 9:00am
that's mark hosty speaking, pie.
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/November/2007 at 10:09am
"What's reflected in the approved public record is a "mistranslated" accounting of what the commissioners actually said. Sturino blamed the error on the village clerk's effort to include too many details, reasoning that she confused the facts.
"That is the problem when you try to write too specific of minutes," Sturino said".
am not sure why this would be (litigation?) and don't know the history of minute recording, but am pleased CUinFP has circumvented the whole issue.

thanks for the 'instant replay.' clearly the recording will be invaluble to sorting out this issue.

citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/November/2007 at 10:02pm
i'm surprised this video has not had more response.

perhaps you, like me, are a bit nervous. waiting for the other shoe to drop. thinking this must be a set up.

no way can sturino tell the paper that $4.6m was a mistake/hallucination, but then we see/hear w/our own eyes/ears that this is indeed the number being worked with. and named as the 'appraisal.' minutes/shminutes.

imagine this (actually can view it):
vc mtg, final vote for Y approval. tellalian puts forth the record of appraisals, comparable sales, asks for confirmation. tries to make public sense of price & timeline. 
his set of questions is quite buttoned up, but it is still very confusing as the values keep changing, as does the acreage and the years ticking by. nothing quite adds up.

mayor smarms tellalian thruout, curry & hoskins ignore colleagues' questions - won't second any motion to discuss, hoskins even questions tellalian's right to reveal this 'closed session' info. what -  the cost per sf is private info?

then that Y arse, gellaas (?) diss's tellalian to the press.
then sturino says basic premises don't even exist. clerk error. but we have proof that they do. (see above.)

painful.

Edited by citizen - 29/November/2007 at 10:09pm
JBWB View Drop Down
Seagull
Seagull

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBWB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/November/2007 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by citizen citizen wrote:

I'm surprised this video has not had more response.

perhaps you, like me, are a bit nervous. waiting for the other shoe to drop. thinking this must be a set up.

no way can sturino tell the paper that $4.6m was a mistake/hallucination, but then we see/hear w/our own eyes/ears that this is indeed the number being worked with. and named as the 'appraisal.' minutes/shminutes.

imagine this (actually can view it):
vc mtg, final vote for Y approval. tellalian puts forth the record of appraisals, comparable sales, asks for confirmation. tries to make public sense of price & timeline. 
his set of questions is quite buttoned up, but it is still very confusing as the values keep changing, as does the acreage and the years ticking by. nothing quite adds up.

mayor smarms tellalian thruout, curry & hoskins ignore colleagues' questions - won't second any motion to discuss, hoskins even questions tellalian's right to reveal this 'closed session' info. what -  the cost per sf is private info?

then that Y arse, gellaas (?) diss's tellalian to the press.
then sturino says basic premises don't even exist. clerk error. but we have proof that they do. (see above.)

painful.

Ah yes very painful when you are homogenized and couped up in a stereotypical world of la-la land. I'm guessing you are from Oak Park because your demeanor is indicative of the liberal side of our country and of to the east of Forest Park.  The fascination of books are a great way to bemoan every thing about nothing. Get real and join reality not some superfluous world that you hibernate in. Telllalian has an opinion, nothing more nothing less. Obviously very very few people share hi thoughts, but hey it's America and the American way, nothing wrong with that at all. To unilaterally criticize everyone else is plain stupid. His thoughts are his thoughts if they made sense to others might it be , could it be that they may share it too? In this case it seems like our true leaders did not agree with his far fetched notions.

Marty Marty he's your man if he can't do it others can. (Citizen's new motto)
If I had a hammer.... I would use it on a nail
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/November/2007 at 9:08am

ah, jbwb, charming as always.

don't you think elected officials should have the required information to form their 'opinions?'  it's the american way.
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/November/2007 at 9:57am
Maybe the other 4 VC members had so many 1 on 1 meetings (now acceptable) and hashed it all out ahead of time, when it gets to the vote there's nothing left to discuss. Mr Tellalian does/should ask questions, that's one of the reasons he was VOTED into office.
Mr. Deeds View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Deeds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/November/2007 at 11:16am
Originally posted by logic logic wrote:

Maybe the other 4 VC members had so many 1 on 1 meetings (now acceptable) and hashed it all out ahead of time, when it gets to the vote there's nothing left to discuss. Mr Tellalian does/should ask questions, that's one of the reasons he was VOTED into office.

I thought Marty was elected because of his good looks and sense of humor.

Those who can make you believe absurdities have the power to make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire~
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/November/2007 at 11:21am
Originally posted by JBWB JBWB wrote:

In this case it seems like our true leaders did not agree with his far fetched notions.

"OUR TRUE LEADERS"  ----- what the heck does that mean?  Dead
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/November/2007 at 11:22am
That too, Admin.
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/November/2007 at 11:38am
Originally posted by piehead piehead wrote:

In this case it seems like our true leaders did not agree with his far fetched notions.

"his far fetched notions." ----- can you imagine wanting a proper appraisal before purchasing property? that wild and crazy marty, where does he get these notions? LOL
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/November/2007 at 2:13pm
Old West Wing reruns.
"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
KPO'M View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KPO'M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/November/2007 at 4:00pm

Tony Calderone is always right, and anyone who disagrees is just a liberal do-gooder who should move to Oak Park.  Don't you know that already?
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/November/2007 at 7:13pm
to me, this thread isn't so much about various commissioners as it is about a chronic problem in our process.

4 1/2 years later and still vital information to elected officials is controlled, manipulated. didn't we just elect three commissioners that pledged independence, diligence and transparency?

ok, watcher, kp - what form of govt are we enduring :) patrimonium?

videoguy View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote videoguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/December/2007 at 4:07pm
Daley-ocracy. A democracy as long as you as you are on the right side.

Edited by videoguy - 02/December/2007 at 4:08pm
Marty Tellalian View Drop Down
Nomad
Nomad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marty Tellalian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/December/2007 at 7:56pm
Hello,

In response to the following post from JBWB...

"Telllalian has an opinion, nothing more nothing less. Obviously very very few people share hi thoughts, but hey it's America and the American way, nothing wrong with that at all. To unilaterally criticize everyone else is plain stupid. His thoughts are his thoughts if they made sense to others might it be , could it be that they may share it too? In this case it seems like our true leaders did not agree with his far fetched notions."

JBWB, it is true, I have opinions. I also have facts which are group of written appraisals - all over a year old - that are completely inconsistent in their conclusions and also completely inconsistent with the council meeting of January 8th. To me, it is not far fetched to question inconsistent information when millions of our dollars are at stake. Especially when we are legally bound to sell our property at no less than 80% of market value.

As for the rest of the council, you will have to ask them how they resolve the inconsistencies that exist the information that we have received. I do know that it takes an considerable effort to work through all the information that we, as council members, are provided. I keep all the information provided for council meetings, I have my facts straight, and I do my homework.

I think people who know me would say that I am logical, have common sense, am not stupid, and generally have good ideas. Only you know why you called my actions stupid and ideas far fetched. You will have to ask Galaas why he called me illogical and lacking common sense but he is likely motivated by the best interests of the Y. Unlike Galaas, I am motivated by the best interests of Forest Park - a far fetched idea to some people.

Regards, Marty Tellalian
Marty Tellalian
jailbird View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jailbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/December/2007 at 8:05am
from Marty Tellalian...

"I also have facts which are group of written appraisals"

"you will have to ask them how they resolve the inconsistencies that exist the information that we have received."

Huh? Please put down the cocktails before you post.
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/December/2007 at 8:33am
thank you, jailbird, for pointing out 2 sentences that seem to be missing an 'a' and perhaps 'within.'

anything more substantial you would like to discuss?
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/December/2007 at 8:35am
Come on citizen, jailbird is kind of like a pigeon, craps all over and then leaves.  No worthwhile contribution there.
jailbird View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jailbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/December/2007 at 8:55am
Marty wants to know why Galaas called him illogical. Maybe because he has HOLES in his logic, just like his sentences. Can you hear me in the back? Duh!
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/December/2007 at 9:07am
Originally posted by jailbird jailbird wrote:

Marty wants to know why Galaas called him illogical. Maybe because he has HOLES in his logic, just like his sentences. Can you hear me in the back? Duh!

actually, marty was attempting to fill the 'holes' in a long line of conflicting appraisals. (see videos.)
do you object to this type of logical thinking in your elected officials? if so, what style of 'thinking' do you prefer?
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/December/2007 at 9:19am
I would guess that jailbird has more the lemmings type of thinking.  Follow the elected officials (the ones jailbird likes anyways) off the edge of the cliff. 
jailbird View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jailbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/December/2007 at 9:37am
Oh, I'm sorry, you must have gotten the impression that I actually give a sh** about the YMCA or it's appraisals, blah blah blah. I just don't like the Steinbachman de jeur hen pecking every issue and making an arse of himself at council meetings just to be obstructive. Marty, call Mr. Bachman and ask him for some of his DVD's from the 03-07 years. Study the behavior of Steinbach and Doolin. Learn from it. It won't win you any votes outside of a CUinFP cave meeting.
jailbird View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jailbird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/December/2007 at 9:39am

I would guess that jailbird has more the lemmings type of thinking.  Follow the elected officials (the ones jailbird likes anyways) off the edge of the cliff. 

It's a long trek to that cliff, been trying to find the edge since 1999...I'll keep searching for it.
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/December/2007 at 10:41am
Originally posted by jailbird jailbird wrote:

Oh, I'm sorry, you must have gotten the impression that I actually give a sh** about the YMCA or it's appraisals, blah blah blah. I just don't like the Steinbachman de jeur hen pecking every issue and making an arse of himself at council meetings just to be obstructive. Marty, call Mr. Bachman and ask him for some of his DVD's from the 03-07 years. Study the behavior of Steinbach and Doolin. Learn from it. It won't win you any votes outside of a CUinFP cave meeting.

you don't care about the Y? or how much we sell the land for?
yes. crude, unsatisfying sex can take up alot of brain power. try the north side next.

appears to me, jailbird, you just don't like to think. maybe you're just no good at it?
and get annoyed (defensive) w/folks that do.   

Edited by citizen - 04/December/2007 at 10:44am
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/December/2007 at 11:03am
Citizen, that's why I use the lemming analogy to describe jailbird.  Easier to follow the flock over the edge. 
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/December/2007 at 12:00am
if you've read the review, do you have any insight on this issue?
serious wtf? poli-sci-fi?

Edited by citizen - 05/December/2007 at 12:01am
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/December/2007 at 8:46am

Citizen, even though there is a video record of what was said (and not questioned) it was really a mass hallucination by the residents of Forest Park and now Mr. Tellalian.  Love how Hosty says he really doesn't even read or check the minutes.  Great oversight.  Hope he runs his business a little better.

citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/December/2007 at 1:16pm
the review says its "indicative of a failure to address the 'underlying systemic problems that were giving rise to repeated cycles of serious deficiencies.'"

oh, wait. that's the nursing home story. sorry.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>