Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Quality of Life Issues
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do you live near a criminal?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mod Squad
Mod Squad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do you live near a criminal?
    Posted: 23/July/2008 at 12:09am
Just saw a news item about a new web site that allows you to check up on your neighborhood. Interesting site.

http://criminalsearches.com/neighborhood/watch.aspx?addr=&city=&zip=60130
Mr. D View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/July/2008 at 9:12am
Rather than pay these people for sex offender info, log onto IL State Police Sex Offender database .Click the "agree to terms" of use, and you'll be able to type in a name, or town, or zip code and get all the sex offenders in your area.

There are 17 sex offenders living in Forest Park. Unlike the crime search web site, you can get specific information-- free-- regarding the individual's actual crimes, names, addresses, age, etc.

Edited by watcher - 24/July/2008 at 9:06am
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives."

-James Madison
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/July/2008 at 9:14am
Well I checked one out that was supposed to be on my street and the information is quite outdated.  The family moved about 5 years ago out of FP and over to Melrose.  Interesting though.  The site is very slow; they must be experiencing higher than normal traffic volume.
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/July/2008 at 10:36am
I know everyone will jump on me for this one but notice that most (if not all) of our sex offenders are also renters.  Oh joy.

Edited by watcher - 24/July/2008 at 9:07am
vorots View Drop Down
Citizen
Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vorots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/July/2008 at 11:23am
Guess that they were not able to fix their credit or save up money for a down payment on a house while they were incarcerated. When will they ever learn?
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/July/2008 at 11:36am
Originally posted by vorots vorots wrote:

Guess that they were not able to fix their credit or save up money for a down payment on a house while they were incarcerated. When will they ever learn?

Why learn?  There will always be an apt available in FP.  Hopefully they won't be attracted to your children or your nieces, nephews, grandkids, etc. if they live near you.

Oh yeah, I forgot, CryCryCryCryCry for sex offenders Dead

Edited by piehead - 23/July/2008 at 11:37am
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/July/2008 at 2:34pm
"I really hate jaywalkers renters. I despise them. Since I don't run the country, all I can do is yell at 'em. The other option is to run 'em over, but as a compassionate conservative, I would never do that," - Robert Novak Piehead, quoted in the Washington Post in 2001  ForestParkForums, most every week.

"I didn’t know I hit him," -said Novak Piehead, today, after striking a pedestrian renter with his her car moose.

Edited by citizen - 23/July/2008 at 2:44pm
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/July/2008 at 2:37pm
I don't want to run them over.  I want competent landlords that care about Forest Park to own and run the buildings they rent to law-abiding, caring renters.
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/July/2008 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by piehead piehead wrote:

I don't want to run them over. 

that's what Novak they all say :)

Edited by citizen - 23/July/2008 at 3:26pm
dogcatcher View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/July/2008 at 4:15pm
I only want to run over the thugs that walk ghetto stlye down the middle of the street then refuse to move.
vorots View Drop Down
Citizen
Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vorots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/July/2008 at 6:37pm
My point was that they are most likely renting low rent apartments because they are sex offenders. They are not sex offenders because they are renting.
videoguy View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote videoguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/July/2008 at 6:52pm
You people dont even know how ridiculous you sound. Being a renter does not by definition mean you are lowlife or a criminal. Piehead, did you EVER rent before you owned? No, you always owned? Wonder how you would feel if as a renter you were slandered in this way. Of course we want everyone who lives in town to be respectful and care about the area, but that is not going to happen. And guess what? A landlord has abolutely no idea how someone will behave until after they are moved in. Sure you can check past history and such, but that only goes so far. How about the owner occupants who dont care? They are worse, because they are so stupid to allow themselves or their friends and family to bring down a block which also negatively affects their property values. Your comments about renters leave out a lot.

Edited by videoguy - 23/July/2008 at 6:56pm
videoguy View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote videoguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/July/2008 at 7:02pm
http://criminalsearches.com/neighborhood/watch.aspx?addr=&city=&zip=60130

This website sucks. It lists people in my area who moved a long time ago, and doesnt list people who should be on there.
Mr. D View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/July/2008 at 7:55pm
Maybe if our village wasn't run by an incompetent buffoon who values spending whatever amount of tax payer money required to take out political enemies and pay legal settlements FAR more than he does managing the village's fiances for the benefit of all... just maybe then we'd have enough cash on hand to hire and train additional cops to deal with the morons traipsing down the center stripes of our village's streets.

Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/July/2008 at 8:10pm

wahhhh wahhhhhh wahhhh everthing is the Mayors fault.

KPO'M View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KPO'M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/July/2008 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by piehead piehead wrote:

I know everyone will jump on me for this one but notice that most (if not all) of our sex offenders are also renters.  Oh joy.

All but one are men, too. Should we ban them from this town?
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/July/2008 at 10:15pm
No in fact let's move them closer to the schools and the parks.Thumbs%20Down
Mr. D View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/July/2008 at 10:16pm
And who else's, DC? Besides, I mean, the top elected official and the commissioner responsible for the police department, who picked the last two police chiefs and appointed the Fire and Police Commission?

Think, DC. It's hard, I know it intimidates you, but but try it once and a while. When you don't, you end up voting for people like Chris Welch.
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/July/2008 at 8:38am
Originally posted by videoguy videoguy wrote:

Being a renter does not by definition mean you are lowlife or a criminal.  NO, BUT IT APPEARS THAT MOST, IF NOT ALL, OF THE REGISTERED SEX OFFENDERS ARE RENTERS.

Piehead, did you EVER rent before you owned?  YES, FOR 13 YEARS.  DISLIKED IT BECAUSE SO MANY PEOPLE IN THE BUILDINGS DID NOT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT FP OR WHERE THEY LIVED.  I PLANTED FLOWERS, CLEANED UP THE COMMON AREAS, AND ALWAYS PAID MY RENT ON TIME.  MY LANDLORDS WERE BOTH SORRY TO SEE ME LEAVE.

No, you always owned? Wonder how you would feel if as a renter you were slandered in this way.   WHO IS SLANDERED; IT'S A PUBLIC SITE, I DIDN'T DO OR SAY ANTHING SLANDEROUS? 

How about the owner occupants who dont care? They are worse, because they are so stupid to allow themselves or their friends and family to bring down a block which also negatively affects their property values. Your comments about renters leave out a lot.   YES, THEY ARE THE WORST.  I AM NOT AND HAVE NOT SAID ALL, BUT IT SEEMS ALL THE RENTAL UNITS CONTRIBUTE MORE TO OUR PROBLEMS THAN OUR SOLUTIONS.

Responses above in RED
KPO'M View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KPO'M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/July/2008 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by Mr. D Mr. D wrote:

And who else's, DC? Besides, I mean, the top elected official and the commissioner responsible for the police department, who picked the last two police chiefs and appointed the Fire and Police Commission?

He just picks them.  He's not responsible for what they do.  Remember, this is the guy who wants the $10,000 to be liquor commissioner but wants to outsource the responsibility.  He's got a good thing he needs to keep going.  In the world of Calderone, he gets credit for everything good, while other people (usually his enemies, but occasionally willing allies who don't mind being thrown under the bus) take the blame for anything that goes wrong.
 Post Reply Post Reply