Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Local Political Arena > Police , Fire, Village Departments
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Harder suit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Seagull
Seagull

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBWB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/September/2008 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by videoguy videoguy wrote:

No, but I am sure it doesnt include Calderone and Ryan paying for it out of their own pockets. So the next time you want to know why there are not enough cops on the street, why civic improvements are slow or nonexistent, or why the rundown building/cop substation is not finalized, you can look to this kind of crap and see where your tax money goes.

Why should they pay for it anymore than you, goof.
If I had a hammer.... I would use it on a nail
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/September/2008 at 9:29am
Originally posted by JBWB JBWB wrote:

No, but I am sure it doesnt include Calderone and Ryan paying for it out of their own pockets. So the next time you want to know why there are not enough cops on the street, why civic improvements are slow or nonexistent, or why the rundown building/cop substation is not finalized, you can look to this kind of crap and see where your tax money goes.

Because of their (Calderone/Ryan) vindictiveness we are paying for it.
Mr. D View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/September/2008 at 9:46am

Gee, let me think about that for a second, JBWB.... umm, because...umm.... because they created the freakin' mess through their arrogance and ineptness?

videoguy View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote videoguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/September/2008 at 1:03am
Too obvious, Mr. D, too obvious. We are just goofs, right? The stupidity in here is breathtaking.
Mr. Deeds View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Deeds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/September/2008 at 10:45pm
Well you got to admit it Videocrab, we do stupid better than anyone else. Ryan & Calderone have made it into an art form. I hear a busload of sociologists from Appalachia are coming here to study their methods.

Those who can make you believe absurdities have the power to make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire~
silenceisgolden View Drop Down
Citizen
Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silenceisgolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2008 at 10:15am
It's comical to come back and see so many people still throwing their full support behind Calderone & Ryan. But these people supported them thru the Cody fiasco and now the Murphy one too. Guess if you're a criminal or perform criminal acts and your bosses support you then others will too. But if you're just disliked or commit minor personality flaw behaviors (lying about sick days or swearing) then these people are out to string you up and sell tickets to watch your public beatings.

Fact: Yes I was fired from FP as most of you know. But not just me. There were 3 of us fired from parking on the same day. Someone made a big to do over a small nothing happening in the dept. and without giving any of the 3 a chance to explain or give another side of the story, Ryan fired all 3 of us on the spot. Mind you we had all worked there about 6 years with never a complaint or write up or any disciplinary action ever. There's Ryan's fair 'progressive discipline' for you.   DeadDeadDeadDeadDead

Fact: I was in fact working the night of the incident that happened with Murphy and Grimes. Don't know how many people even know that. I heard the words, language and tone of voice Murphy used while screaming at Grimes in the hallway and back room of the PD trying to get Grimes to agree to Murphy's version of what should be said/reported about the incident. Gained alot of respect for Grimes' ability to stand up to his supervisor in a tough situation. Mind you people, Murphy was my watch commander for years on my shift and I never had any problems with him, actually liked him. Still do. Not friends, just co-workers, now former and I'd still say Hi to him when/if I saw him....however in the case being debated, he was wrong and Grimes was right. When you're wrong usually you're held accountable which has been done. Case is over, let him serve his time and come home to his family. What is there to debate any longer????? Nothing.  Clap

Fact: Harder should never have been fired over the reasons he was. I don't think Calderone or Ryan ever thought Harder would fight this long and hard. GOOD FOR HARDER for not giving up and walking away. Calderone and Ryan are STUPID for not using their minimal brain power to really find a legal way to get him out if that's what they wanted. But small minded people never really have great ideas and they've proven that over and over.  Ouch

BTW, hi to everyone!
The best inspiration comes not from outdoing others...but from outdoing yourself.
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2008 at 10:35am
silence, have read and respected your posts when you were more active on board, still do, don't know who you are or that you were fired. Sorry, hope it had nothing to do with your participation on this forum.

With the Murphy case, it was settled, he was required to get help, he did, did not want to see him go to jail. No apologies.

Your right Harder never should have been fired for the reasons given. I have a different perspective, will keep it to myself.

Thanks for posting, missed you.
Citizen
Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silenceisgolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2008 at 10:48am
Originally posted by logic logic wrote:

silence, have read and respected your posts when you were more active on board, still do, don't know who you are or that you were fired. Sorry, hope it had nothing to do with your participation on this forum.

With the Murphy case, it was settled, he was required to get help, he did, did not want to see him go to jail. No apologies.

Your right Harder never should have been fired for the reasons given. I have a different perspective, will keep it to myself.

Thanks logic.

I can't really think of one person that I know who wanted to see Murphy end up in jail. He was required to get help by his supervisors which they thought it was internally taken care of, unfortunately it didn't end there because they were then sued from the outside. That is the right though of the person abused to sue their abuser. We may like Murphy and agree that he's a nice guy, husband and father; but he was wrong. I also agree that jail is an extreme for him and this case.

Just like the extremes in the Harder case.

Um, I do believe in a sense I was fired for my comments here and my support of Doolin as Mayor (not like it mattered as I didnt' live in FP anymore at the time of the election). I do also believe the other 2 were fired because they were closely linked with me and for some reason Ryan thought he better get rid of those single moms and the college kid because of the extreme threat we posed to him. NOT!!!!!!! But you can't get much sense or clarity out of someone unclear and unsensible and I've accepted that as a lesson in life.
The best inspiration comes not from outdoing others...but from outdoing yourself.
dogcatcher View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2008 at 10:59am
WB SIG..where the heck have you been? I agree let Mike serve his time and everyone leave his family alone it is done no need to keep harping on it.
FOCUS !!
JBWB View Drop Down
Seagull
Seagull

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBWB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2008 at 11:02am
Originally posted by silenceisgolden silenceisgolden wrote:

Thanks logic.

I can't really think of one person that I know who wanted to see Murphy end up in jail. He was required to get help by his supervisors which they thought it was internally taken care of, unfortunately it didn't end there because they were then sued from the outside. That is the right though of the person abused to sue their abuser. We may like Murphy and agree that he's a nice guy, husband and father; but he was wrong. I also agree that jail is an extreme for him and this case.

Just like the extremes in the Harder case.

Um, I do believe in a sense I was fired for my comments here and my support of Doolin as Mayor (not like it mattered as I didnt' live in FP anymore at the time of the election). I do also believe the other 2 were fired because they were closely linked with me and for some reason Ryan thought he better get rid of those single moms and the college kid because of the extreme threat we posed to him. NOT!!!!!!! But you can't get much sense or clarity out of someone unclear and unsensible and I've accepted that as a lesson in life.

Why were you fired and what was the reason given? Can you bring us light?
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2008 at 11:09am

Someone's playing dumb and it isn't silenceisgolden:)
Citizen
Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silenceisgolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2008 at 11:24am
[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

just do some search work and it's all here somewhere in the deep dark danky past of the FPF!!

Don't care to go back to the toxicity.
Citizen
Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silenceisgolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2008 at 11:26am
Originally posted by dogcatcher dogcatcher wrote:

WB SIG..where the heck have you been? I agree let Mike serve his time and everyone leave his family alone it is done no need to keep harping on it.

just lurking occasionally!
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2008 at 11:42am

I've enjoyed this occasion. Come back soon.

If I've learned one thing, there's no such thing as a former Forest Parker.

In fact, they're listened to more often than current residents.
"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
Citizen
Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silenceisgolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2008 at 11:49am
Originally posted by watcher watcher wrote:

I've enjoyed this occasion. Come back soon.

If I've learned one thing, there's no such thing as a former Forest Parker.

In fact, they're listened to more often than current residents.

EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed  ah watcher, thanks!!
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2008 at 5:08pm
JuJu has a point if you were fired WHY? And were you at least able to collect unemployment? Going back over all the stuff on here is damn near impossible.
FOCUS !!
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2008 at 5:09pm
Sorry not Ju ..jbwb. Where the heck is the edit button?
FOCUS !!
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2008 at 5:16pm
IMAHO, JB knows the backstory.  Attempting to make silenceisgolden post the same was exactly the point. 

Edited by logic - 29/September/2008 at 5:17pm
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2008 at 5:31pm

Sorry not Ju ..jbwb. Where the heck is the edit button?

It's one of the options in the "post options" button to the right (next to QUOTE). Tongue
JBWB View Drop Down
Seagull
Seagull

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBWB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2008 at 5:35pm

IMAHO, JB knows the backstory.  Attempting to make silenceisgolden post the same was exactly the point. 

Don't think I know the backstory, that's why I asked, did I ask somewhere in the past Logic? And besides when did this happen? And silence lives up to their handle disappears and flies back to drop some more innuendo.

Who was it that wrote about hens? I can't remember.
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2008 at 6:43pm
I do not have an Edit feature..Cry
FOCUS !!
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2008 at 7:00pm

I do not have an Edit feature..Cry

You have to click on POST OPTIONS, one of the choices is EDIT POST.  Logic and you are the same SG1 and logic can edit.  So I'm guessing you just haven't clicked on it.
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2008 at 8:58pm
Ty sorry about being off topic Adminiwatcher.
FOCUS !!
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2008 at 11:31pm

Who was it that wrote about hens? I can't remember.
Sure you do:)
Mr. Deeds View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Deeds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2008 at 10:05am
Anyone who's lived in FoPa for any length of time knows that the Village has a history of going after employees (and some residents) who they get a bug up their butt about. How much it's costs them is never a concern. Or whether it is legal or ethical. Under Calderone, these types of incidents became the Standard Operating Procedure. They don't care how it affects the Village's reputation, how much it costs the taxpayers, or if their activities cause our insurance rates to go up. As long as they get their way, it's all worth the risk. When they lose, which is usually the case, they still feel good about the trouble they caused and the fear it instills in the rest of the employees.

The only thing you can hope for is that one day the Justice Department will say this town has had enough and decides to issue indictments for abuse of power, or that the voters eventually wake up and clean house across the board. But if this town was to ever clean out all of the corruption and arrogance, we'd need to use the worlds largest dumpster. Where would they put it???
At%20a%20loss

Edited by administrator - 30/September/2008 at 10:05am
Those who can make you believe absurdities have the power to make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire~
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2008 at 11:08am
In your driveway where it would be promptly towed away by H and R.Wink
FOCUS !!
Mr. Deeds View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Deeds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2008 at 1:07pm
Actually, that's just another example of how their "do it at all costs" mentality ended up screwing one of their favorite businesses. In the case of my daughters tow, the objective was to give me a shafting. But after they found out that their pre-boot notice prompted me to beat them to the punch by getting rid of the vehicle a week before, they acted like little kids who put their hands up to their ears and go: "la-la-la-la. I can't hear you". Their thoughts were probably: "We can't let that stop us", and ignored the fact that what they were trying to do was illegal. In court, 90% of their defense was spent on saying what a bad guy I was and trying to prejudice the bench. The judge asked: "Does the truck belong to this lady?" and "Is it in your possession?" After the answer was affirmative for both questions, it didn't take a rocket scientist to know that they had no right in keeping it.

So H&R ended up getting the short end of the stick. The Village most likely led them to believe they'd get a big bonus on that one. They dragged it on and on and in the end, H&R not only didn't get paid for the tow, but lost out on the storage charges the Village caused to accrue. Had the Village acted properly in the beginning, H&R would have at least gotten paid for the tow.

So if I were H&R, I'd be careful about believing anything the Village tells them from here on. If they're blaming me for what happened, then they are in denial. They have a right to be pissed, but not at me or my daughter for exercising her rights.

And while one possible scenario might involve the Mayor and Chief telling the owner of H&R how bad they feel, but in reality, they could care less. Wasn't their money and they figure they do enough favors that he'll get over it soon enough.

Edited by administrator - 30/September/2008 at 1:08pm
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2008 at 1:31pm
So in the end who is going to pay the fees that H and R incurred..if any?
FOCUS !!
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2008 at 1:59pm

Well, whoever brings their car there for service or a tow will end up paying somehow.
Mr. Deeds View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Deeds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2008 at 4:23pm

No one. They're basically screwed unless the Village decides to throw them a bone.
They could always try to sue me or my kid, but I already spoke to an attorney and she said they'd run into a dead end and be wasting their time and money. That's what I mean. If the Village handled this right from the beginning, everyone would have gotten something. But they tried to be asses, and H&R lost out the most.
This town never learns. They do what they want without caring who gets screwed or loses out in the end.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>