Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Local Political Arena > Police , Fire, Village Departments
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Harder suit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Citizen
Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silenceisgolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2008 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by JBWB JBWB wrote:

Originally posted by logic logic wrote:

IMAHO, JB knows the backstory.  Attempting to make silenceisgolden post the same was exactly the point. 

Don't think I know the backstory, that's why I asked, did I ask somewhere in the past Logic? And besides when did this happen? And silence lives up to their handle disappears and flies back to drop some more innuendo.

Who was it that wrote about hens? I can't remember.

can't be baited or enticed to step up and play out the drama again. It's been almost 2 years and there's nothing good that could come of it...brought it up merely as a reminder to those who were here and do know the details that it illustrates yet another example of Ryan's non-existent progressive discipline policies. If you don't know anything about it, then I guess you never will.

Have a great night.

Edited by silenceisgolden - 30/September/2008 at 5:55pm
The best inspiration comes not from outdoing others...but from outdoing yourself.
Mr. D View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/September/2008 at 6:28pm
"This town never learns. They do what they want without caring who gets screwed or loses out in the end."

But that can change, Administrator. Ask Betty Loren Maltese, ask George Ryan, ask a host of other previously bullet proof types now cleaning toilets and eating cheap cold cuts in federal prison.

That's why I keep "harping" on the huge sentence reduction Mike Murphy got from 108 months down to just 12 months. And the huge break he received from a felony record to a misdemeanor that allowed him to hang onto his pension funds and be eligible for a decent job when he gets out.

And that's why I brought up his move to a warm clime prison to serve out his sentence. Not to rub it in, or disrespect his family, but to point out-- to many who don't want to hear it-- that the feds aren't done here.

Murphy purchased all that federal largesse with information or more.

They just keep gathering facts and information and proof of indictable actions. And then they indict. And I'll continue to be wrong about all this right up until the moment I'm proven right.
Mr. C View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/October/2008 at 12:22pm
As reported here first.    Harder suit nearing a settlement.  Check out FPR Online.
silenceisgolden View Drop Down
Citizen
Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silenceisgolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/December/2008 at 9:45pm
Finally a prudent decision by your village council members....minus Hosty of course who still couldn't bring himself to vote for what was RIGHT!!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to the Harder family. You've been thru quite the battle and I hope you can relax and move on with your lives now. Job well done of the little guy fighting the big guys!!!

http://www.forestparkreview.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=38&ArticleID=3720&TM=81655.41
The best inspiration comes not from outdoing others...but from outdoing yourself.
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/December/2008 at 10:21pm
here's the link:

so, it was a pragmatic decision to (sort of) keep our coffers protected?
sounds like it.
Mr. D View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/December/2008 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by Mr. C Mr. C wrote:

As reported here first.    Harder suit nearing a settlement.  Check out FPR Online.

Council votes to settle with Harder

So much for fighting to the end.
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/December/2008 at 7:37am
Originally posted by Mr. D Mr. D wrote:

So much for fighting to the end.

More like this is the end. Of this one. How many more must we endure?
"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
Mr. D View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/December/2008 at 7:54am
To be clear, though insurance will pay for most or all of this settlement, FoPa's premiums are going to go through the roof.

I watched Lil MAC bleat on and on in 2003 or so about how the village had suffered through a couple years of sky high premiums due to the Caine settlement, among other things, and how, with a little "discipline" they would get those premiums down and keep them down.

Six years later, it's about to be worse than ever. There's people with multiple DUI convictions who get more respect from insurance companies. And DUI is a quite appropriate analogy of how Lil MAC and the bar tender have run this village. Blind to any consequences, right into a tree.

A couple of damn arrogant fools.
Carl Nyberg View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl Nyberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/December/2008 at 8:39am
I'll judge the Forest Park PD as a unit.

We have a bad police department that engages in a wide variety of unprofessional behaviors.

Most of this is due to poor leadership and management (Calderone, Ryan and Sturino).

Some of the people on the Forest Park PD are power-tripping, vindictive, racist people who abuse their positions. They shouldn't be cops.

In the last week I heard yet another story, from someone completely unconnected with local politics (a guy who grew up across the alley from me in Oak Park) about coming to Forest Park for a haircut and watching a parking enforcement officer write tickets on a multiple cars where the meters were paid.

My friend called the Forest Park PD and had the tickets corrected. But misconduct gets committed by Forest Park cops and no one is held accountable but the insurers and the taxpayers.

The Forest Park PD is thoroughly unprofessional and that's the reputation that every cop in the PD has to carry, because, as a unit, that's who they are.
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/December/2008 at 9:00am

who is FP's insurer?

do they insure against all village suits do we have multiple insurers - depending on who/what is getting sued?

how much did we pay them in past few years? what is anticipated policy cost for 2009?

dogcatcher View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/December/2008 at 10:08am
You label our PD as BAD? Sure hope you never need them Nyberg..but then again if you do I'm sure even tho it's you they would show up and do the job they are assigned to do.
FOCUS !!
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl Nyberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/December/2008 at 10:30am
dogcatcher, would you hold Blagojevich accountable for being a crook? Have you used any services of the State of Illinois since he took office?
dogcatcher View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/December/2008 at 1:11pm
How dare you label our PD as bad? We have many many good cops on our force who work hard and care about this town.
FOCUS !!
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carl Nyberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/December/2008 at 1:22pm
dogcatcher, if you were comparing more and less effective police departments, what criteria would you use? Have you put any thought into what makes one police department different from another? What sort of results would you expect to see from a model police department? What sort of problems would you expect to see from a poorly managed or ineffective police department?
Mr. D View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/December/2008 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by citizen citizen wrote:

who is FP's insurer?

do they insure against all village suits do we have multiple insurers - depending on who/what is getting sued?

how much did we pay them in past few years? what is anticipated policy cost for 2009?

Sounds like a job for... FOIA man! Dah dah dah DAH.

Sorry...
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/December/2008 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by Mr. D Mr. D wrote:

Originally posted by citizen citizen wrote:

who is FP's insurer?

Sounds like a job for... FOIA man! Dah dah dah DAH.

Sorry...

My taint is itchy,My taint is itchy,My taint is itchy,My taint is itchy,My taint is itchy,
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/December/2008 at 4:38pm
good idea, mr. d.
sounds like a job for the review. i think taxpayers should have that piece of info, eh?

officials might be thinking we are their bottomless piggy bank.
heck, they might even think they are not accountable.
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/December/2008 at 4:43pm
from the review:
'According to Forest Park's liability insurance plan, the village is covered for up to $1 million in damages.'

a million per case? per policy year?
in the last 10 years, how many times have we tapped our insurer?

videoguy View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote videoguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/December/2008 at 2:06am
Maybe we should get a referendum on the next ballot, which calls for the elected officials to be personally responsible for lawsuits deriving from their unprofessional behaviors.
Mr. D View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/December/2008 at 1:12pm
I doubt the Bar Tender got the irony in his statement to the paper today regarding his vote against settling with Dan Harder.

"I just think don't think it was the best decision," Mark Hosty is quoted. "It might have been prudent."

Got that? A prudent decision, the type any sensible tax payer would expect our elected officials to make, wasn't the best decision.

That would explain the utterly absurd decision to go after Harder's job in the first place. That was by no rational assessment a prudent decision, but apparently the mayor and the police chief, among others, thought it was best.

What a pack of raving, incompetent jack asses.

piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/December/2008 at 1:49pm
I wonder what Hosty would think the best decision would be?  To fight in court, spend tons and tons of money, and then have FP lose anyway?  I'd be curious.  As prudent isn't the best (if the quote is correct).
selgin View Drop Down
Nomad
Nomad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote selgin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/December/2008 at 5:36pm

Hosty's a box of rocks.  Here's a little insight into the way his small mind came up with his decision:

We'll lets see, hmm...   Voting yes - it might be the decision that makes the most sense for the citizens of Forest Park, the people I serve in my position as comissioner, but, but, but I hate this guy Harder! I really, really, really hate him. I vote NO! 

Wait, who am I kidding? Here's the real insight into his mind:

We'll lets see, hmm...   Voting yes - it might be the decision that makes the most sense for the citizens of Forest Park, the people I serve in my position as comissioner, but, but, but I hate this guy Harder! I really, really, really hate him. I vote NO!

videoguy View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote videoguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/December/2008 at 12:23am
Why are you insulting rocks? They never did anything to you.
Pokerdude View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokerdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/December/2008 at 7:06am
Glad its over its time to move on. The new changes in the union deal between the village is good for all concerned.
backman View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/December/2008 at 8:32am
Originally posted by Pokerdude Pokerdude wrote:

The new changes in the union deal between the village is good for all concerned.

Totally agree. It puts any questionable issue that arises into the hands of experts in law enforcement.
backman
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/December/2008 at 9:13am
Originally posted by backman backman wrote:

Originally posted by Pokerdude Pokerdude wrote:

The new changes in the union deal between the village is good for all concerned.

Totally agree. It puts any questionable issue that arises into the hands of experts in law enforcement.
thanks for bringing this up.
from the story seemed like good news for the town, but i wasn't quite sure.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234