Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Soapbox
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Huntley Brown
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Huntley Brown

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message
dogcatcher View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 7377
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Huntley Brown
    Posted: 24/October/2008 at 10:36am
 WHY I CANNOT VOTE FOR OBAMA.......Dear Friends,A few months ago I was asked for my perspective on Obama, I sent out an email with a few points. With the election just around the corner I decided to complete my perspective. Those of you on my email list have seen this before but it is worth repeating....First I must say whoever wins this electionwill have my prayer support. Obama needs to be commended for his accomplishments but I need to explain why I will not be voting for him. Many of my friends process their identity through their blackness. I process my identity through Christ. Being a Christian means HE leads I follow. I cannot dictate the terms HE does because HE is the leader. I cannot vote Black solely because I am Black. I have to vote Chrisitan first,Black second. Neither should anyone from other ethnic groups vote because of ethnicity. 200 years from now I will not be asked if I was Black or White. I will be asked if I knew Jesus and accepted him as Lord and Savior.In an election where there are many issuesto consider but when a society gets abortion, same sex marriage, embryonic stem cell research , human cloning to name a few, wrong economic concerns will soon not matter. We need to follow MLK's words..Do Not judge someone by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. I do not know Obama so all I can go on is his voting record. His record earned him the title Most Liberal Senator in the US Senate in 2007. To beat Ted Kennedy and Hillary Clinton takes some doing. Pbama accomplished this feat in 2 yrs. I wonder what will happen to America if he has 4 yrs to work with. There is a reason Planned Parenthood gives him a 100 % approval rating.There is a reason the homosexual community supports him. There is a reason ANMADINEJAD< CHAVEZ<CASTRO HAMAS love him. There is a reason he said he would nominate liberal judges to the Supreme Court. There is a reasonhe voted AGAINST INFANTICIDbill. There is a reason he voted NO onthe ban against same sex marriages. There is areson he voted NO on banning partial- birth abortions. There is a reson he voted NO on confirming Justices Roberts and Alito.(these to Judges are conservatives who have since overturned partial birth abortions. The same practice Obama wants to continue. Let's take a look at this practice that  he supports : A. Guided by ultrasound the Dr grabs the babies legs with forceps(this is a living baby) they then deliver everything except the head. Scissors are then jammed into the skull and opened to enlarge the hole. A catheter is inserted and the skull is cleaned out. The fetus is then removed. GOD HELP HIM. There is a reason Obama oppposed the Parental Notifivation Law. think about this: you cannot give a kid an aspirin without parental consent, but you can do an abortion with no questions asked of the parent. This is INSANE. There is a reason Obama sat for 20yrs in Jeremiah Wrights Church. Now he is condeming these sermons..why now? Obama has stated the Wright led him to the Lord and disipled him. A disiple is one in training. Jesus tells us in Matthew28:19-20 Go  out and fight our battles. When Samuel heard all they said he repeated it to the Lord. The Lord answered and said Listen to them, give them a King. Here is what we know..God is not a schizophrenic. He would not tell one person to vote for Obama and another to vote for McCain. As the scripture says a city divided against itself cannot stand, so obviously many  people are not hearing GOD. I know God does not change and Obama contradicts many things I read in scripture. For all my friends who are voting for Obama can you really look GOD in the face and say " Father based on  your word I am voiting for Obama even though I know he will continue the genocidal practive of partial birth abortions. He might have to nominate 3 or 4 Supreme Court justices and I am sur he will be nominatin liberal Judges who will be making these laws.I also know he will continue to push for homosexual rights even you destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for this. I know I can look the other way because of the economy. I could not see Jesus agreeing with many of Obama's positions . Finally I have 2 questions for all my liberal friends. Since we know someone's value system has to be place on the Nation..1. Whose value system should be placed on the nation? 2. Who should determine that this is rifght for the nation? Bleesings, Huntley Brown.                                                                                                   
FOCUS !!
Back to Top
dogcatcher View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 7377
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2008 at 10:37am
 GOD BLESS AMERICA AND GOD BLESS HUNTLEY BROWN for having the courage to write this letter.
FOCUS !!
Back to Top
denny View Drop Down
Resident
Resident
Avatar

Joined: 02/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 112
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2008 at 10:44am
I would be in a position to be swayed if her spelling was better than a third grader.  I also notice she did not mention McCain's serial infidelity.
Denny Crane!
Back to Top
dogcatcher View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 7377
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2008 at 10:48am
The letter was written by a black man and the spelling errors were my typos.
FOCUS !!
Back to Top
dogcatcher View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 7377
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2008 at 11:02am
From Snopes.com ...Yes this is a true letter. It was not his intention for this to be sent around the world. My friends have not asked me to vote for either candidate. I have PROBLEMS with BOTH men but the one's I have with McCain pale in comparison with Obama. For the record I am not a Democrat nor am I a republican..I am a Christian independant who loves the Lord. If Sen obama wins he will have my  prayer support everyday. I tell my friends it's like a family where you can ALL have DIFFERANT opinions,but we love each other anyway. I love and apperciate Senator Obama but our views are very very diametrically opposed. I do not want people to think i am against gays or against women who choose to have abortions. We are ALL sinnerssaved by grace, but we need to have lawsto govern our society or else we will self destruct. What has really bothered me is that our beautiful Black women constitute 6% of the population, yet they comprise 36% of the abortion industrys clientele. Obama has done NOTHING to stop this. To be honest I cannot wait to vote for the first Black President of the United States..but it has to be a person who shares the values of the bible. Thank you all for checking in to make sure my letter was legit..it is. The sad part is I am now getting hate-mail and my family is being harrassed. God Bless you all richly.
FOCUS !!
Back to Top
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar
Active here since 2001

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 6284
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2008 at 11:04am
AuH2O For Obama

"Being Barry Goldwater's granddaughter and living in Arizona, one would assume that I would be voting for our state's senator, John McCain. I am still struck by certain 'dyed in the wool' Republicans who are on the fence this election, as it seems like a no-brainer to me.

Myself, along with my siblings and a few cousins, will not be supporting the Republican presidential candidates this year. We believe strongly in what our grandfather stood for: honesty, integrity, and personal freedom, free from political maneuvering and fear tactics. I learned a lot about my grandfather while producing the documentary, Mr. Conservative Goldwater on Goldwater. Our generation of Goldwaters expects government to provide for constitutional protections. We reject the constant intrusion into our personal lives, along with other crucial policy issues of the McCain/Palin ticket.

My grandfather (Paka) would never suggest denying a woman's right to choose. My grandmother co-founded Planned Parenthood in Arizona in the 1930's, a cause my grandfather supported. I'm not sure about how he would feel about marriage rights based on same-sex orientation. I think he would feel that love and respect for ones privacy is what matters most and not the intolerance and poor judgment displayed by McCain over the years. Paka respected our civil liberties and passed on the message that that we should conduct our lives standing up for the basic freedoms we hold so dear.

For a while, there were several candidates who aligned themselves with the Goldwater version of Conservative thought. My grandfather had undying respect for the U.S. Constitution, and an understanding of its true meanings.

There always have been a glimmer of hope that someday, someone would "race through the gate" full steam in Goldwater style. Unfortunately, this hasn't happened, and the Republican brand has been tarnished in a shameless effort to gain votes and appeal to the lowest emotion, fear. Nothing about McCain, except for maybe a uniform, compares to the same ideology of what Goldwater stood for as a politician. The McCain/Palin plan is to appear diverse and inclusive, using women and minorities to push an agenda that makes us all financially vulnerable, fearful, and less safe.

When you see the candidate's in political ads, you can't help but be reminded of the 1964 presidential campaign of Johnson/Goldwater, the 'origin of spin', that twists the truth and obscures what really matters. Nothing about the Republican ticket offers the hope America needs to regain it's standing in the world, that's why we're going to support Barack Obama. I think that Obama has shown his ability and integrity.

After the last eight years, there's a lot of clean up do. Roll up your sleeves, Senators Obama and Biden, and we Goldwaters will roll ours up with you."

Susan



Edited by watcher - 24/October/2008 at 11:07am
"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
Back to Top
dogcatcher View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 7377
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2008 at 11:12am
Using minorities.. R U KIDDING ME what do you think Obama is doing? He hides the White part of himself so the Blacks will vote for him,does he call himself Bi-Racial NEVER he calls himself a Black Man when he is of mixed race.
FOCUS !!
Back to Top
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 9659
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2008 at 11:42am
dc, why did you post this, and why start a new topic?
and why oh why didn't you use paragraph breaks :)
 
it appears to be a letter from a right wing fundamentalist christian whose main issues are abortion, stem cell, gay marriage, etc.
this is not news. what's your point?
 
Back to Top
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar
Active here since 2001

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 6284
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2008 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by dogcatcher dogcatcher wrote:

Using minorities.. R U KIDDING ME what do you think Obama is doing? He hides the White part of himself so the Blacks will vote for him,does he call himself Bi-Racial NEVER he calls himself a Black Man when he is of mixed race.


Yeah, I'm kidding you. The whole world is kidding you. God forbid anyone accuse you of being a sophisticated voter.

Obama's bi-racial pedigree has NEVER been in question. By any measure it helped launch his Presidential bid at the 2004 convention. But you're saying that Obama is just passing for black? He's using his blackness? Yeah, that must be it.

Really all this means is that the umbrage you assume is way above your pay grade.



"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
Back to Top
dogcatcher View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 7377
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2008 at 12:39pm

Whatever your only going to see what you want to see...til it bites you in the ass.

FOCUS !!
Back to Top
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 11750
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2008 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by citizen citizen wrote:

dc, why did you post this, and why start a new topic?
and why oh why didn't you use paragraph breaks :)
 
Here it is (cut and pasted from site) with paragraph breaks.  Easier to read; but  still just another opinion piece (of which there are millions). 

Why I Can't Vote For Obama
By Huntley Brown

Dear Friends,
A few months ago I was asked for my perspective on Obama, I sent out an e-mail with a few points. With the election just around the corner I decided to complete my perspective. Those of you on my e-list have seen some of this before but its worth repeating..

First I must say who ever wins the election will have my prayer support. Obama needs to be commended for his accomplishments but I need to explain why I will not be voting for him.

Many of my friends process their identity through their blackness.

I process my identity through Christ. Being a Christian (a Christ follower) means he leads I follow. I can't dictate the terms he does because he is the leader.

I can't vote black because I am black I have to vote Christian because that's who I am. Christian first black second. Neither should anyone from the other ethnic groups vote because of ethnicity. 200 years from now I wont be asked if I was black or white. I will be asked if I know Jesus and accepted him as Lord and savior.

In an election there are many issues to consider but when a society gets abortion, same-sex marriage, embryonic stem-cell research, human cloning to name a few wrong economic concerns will soon not matter.

We need to follow Martin Luther King's words don't judge someone by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. I don't know Obama so all I can go off is his voting record.

His voting record earned him the title of the most liberal senator in the US Senate in 2007.

NATIONAL JOURNAL: Obama: Most Liberal Senator in 2007 (01/31/2008)

To beat Ted Kennedy and Hilary Clinton as the most liberal senator, takes some doing.
Obama accomplished this feat in 2 short years. I wonder what would happen to America if he had four years to work with.

There is a reason planned parenthood gives him a 100 % ratings.
There is a reason the homosexual community supports him.
There is a reason Ahmadinejad, Chavez, Castro, Hamas etc loves him.
There is a reason he said he would nominate liberal judges to the supreme court.
There is a reason he voted against the infanticide bill.
There is a reason he voted No on the constitutional ban of same-sex marriage.
There is a reason he voted no on partial birth abortion.
There is a reason he voted no on confirming Justices Roberts and Alito. These two judges are conservatives and they have since overturned partial birth abortion. The same practice Obama wanted to continue.

Lets take a look at the practice he wanted to continue.

The 5 Step Partial Birth Abortion procedure
A. Guided by ultrasound, the abortionist grabs the baby's leg with forceps.
(Remember this is a live baby)
B. The baby's leg is pulled out into the birth canal.
C. The abortionist delivers the baby's entire body, except for the head.
D. The abortionist jams scissors into the baby's skull. The scissors are then opened to enlarge the hole.
E. The scissors are removed and a suction catheter is inserted. The child's brains are sucked out, causing the skull to collapse. The dead baby is then removed.
God help him.

There is a reason Obama opposed the parent notification law.

Think about this you can't give a kid an aspirin without parental notification but that same kid can have an abortion without parental notification. This is insane.

There is a reason he went to Jeremiah Wright's church for 20 years.

Obama tells us he has good judgement but he sat under Jeremiah Wright teaching for 20 years. Now he is condemning Wrights sermons. I wonder why now?

Obama said Jeremiah Wright led him to the Lord and discipled him. A disciple is one in training. Jesus told us in Matthew 28 v 19 - 20 Go and make disciples of all nations. This means reproduce yourself. Teach people to think like you, walk like you, talk like you believe what you believe etc. The question I have is what did Jeremiah Wright teach him?

Would you support a White President who went to a church which has tenants that said they have a

1. Commitment to the White Community
2. Commitment to the White Family
3. Adherence to the White Work Ethic
4. Pledge to make the fruits of all developing and acquired skills available to the White Community .
5. Pledge to Allocate Regularly, a Portion of Personal Resources for Strengthening and Supporting White Institutions
6. Pledge allegiance to all White leadership who espouse and embrace the White Value System
7. Personal commitment to embracement of the White Value System.”
Would you support a President who went to a church like that?

Just change the word from white to black and you have the tennants of Obamas former church. If President Bush was a member of a church like this, he would be called a racist. Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton would have been marching outside.

This kind of church is a racist church. Obama did not wake up after 20 years and just discovered he went to a racist church. The church can't be about race. Jesus did not come for any particular race. He came for the whole world.

A church can't have a value system based on race. The churches value system has to be based on biblical mandate. It does not matter if its a white church or a black church its still wrong. Anyone from either race that attends a church like this would never get my vote.

Obama's former Pastor Jeremiah Wright is a disciple of liberal theologian James Cone, author of the 1970 book A Black Theology of Liberation. Cone once wrote: “Black theology refuses to accept a God who is not identified totally with the goals of the black community. If God is not for us and against white people, then he is a murderer, and we had better kill him.

Cone is the man Obama's mentor looks up to. Does Obama believe this?

So what does all this mean for the nation?

In the past when the Lord brought someone with the beliefs of Obama to lead a nation it meant one thing judgement.

Read 1 Samuel 8. When Israel asked for a king.
First God says 1 Samuel 8 v 9 Now listen to them; but warn them solemnly and let them know what the king who will reign over them will do."

Then God says
1 Samuel 8 v 18 When that day comes, you will cry out for relief from the king
you have chosen, and the LORD will not answer you in that day."
19 But the people refused to listen to Samuel. "No!" they said. "We want a king over us. 20 Then we will be like all the other nations, with a king to lead us and to go out before us and fight our battles."
21 When Samuel heard all that the people said, he repeated it before the LORD. 22 The LORD answered, "Listen to them and give them a king."
 

Here is what we know for sure

God is not schizophrenic

He would not tell one person to vote for Obama and one to vote for McCain. As the scripture says a city divided against itself cannot stand, so obviously many people are not hearing from God.

Maybe I am the one not hearing but I know God does not change and Obama contradicts many things I read in scripture so I doubt it.

For all my friends who are voting for Obama can you really look God in the face and say Father based on your word, I am voting for Obama even though I know he will continue the genocidal practice of partial birth abortion.

He might have to nominate three or four supreme court justices, and I am sure he will be nominating liberal judges who will be making laws that are against you.

I also know he will continue to push for homosexual rights, even though you destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for this.I know I can look the other way because of the economy.

I could not see Jesus agreeing with many of Obama's positions. Finally I have two questions for all my liberal friends.

Since we know someone's value system has to be placed on the nation,

1 Whose value system should be placed on the nation.

2 Who should determine that this is the right value system for the nation?

Blessings,
Huntley Brown

Back to Top
buster View Drop Down
Resident
Resident


Joined: 08/July/2008
Status: Offline
Points: 53
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2008 at 12:52pm
http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/huntleybrown.asp
ok - yes he wrote the email, BUT he did not write it for everyone - check out his response to the fact that the email is making its way around the world.
 
And, while Mr. Brown seems geniune, intelligent and is a well known and respected pianist in the Christian music world - again, it is just his personal opinion.
Back to Top
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar
Active here since 2001

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 6284
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2008 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by watcher watcher wrote:


FACT! Barack Obama and sixties radical Bill Ayers were both associated with the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, a radical education foundation whose radical goal is to radically educate black children by educating them... while they are still black.

FACT! Barack Obama spent twenty years in the same church as radically black pastor Jeremiah Wright, who has been known to make such incendiary claims as "white people enslaved black people" and "white people killed Native Americans." Is Barack Obama part of the international black conspiracy to trick white people into thinking about racism? Answer: maybe.

FACT! Barack Obama has been friends with Rashid Khalidi, an openly Arab Arab who is so Arab he writes about other Arabs. Is Barack Obama part of the international Arab conspiracy to trick white people into thinking about Arabs? Answer: also maybe.

FACT! Barack Obama talks about his white mother and his white grandparents and the white half of his family that is white, but did you know that half of his family is also black? In fact, half his family is so black that Obama keeps them hidden away on a whole other continent where they speak in a strange, otherworldly code which is not even English. What is Obama trying to hide? Possibly something black. BONUS FACT! Barack Obama may be half-white and half-black, but he married a woman who is completely black. In a way, doesn't that make him three-quarters black? Math doesn't lie, people!

FACT! "Obama" is an ancient Muslim name meaning "He Who Deceives the White Man with his Telegenic Charisma, Angular Good Looks, and Deceptively Conservative Policy Proposals." Coincidence? Or co-bama?

FACT! The previous fact was made up. But doesn't the fact that it was so easily made up prove that a kernel of truth must exist within the lie, and doesn't the existence of that kernel of truth prove that the lie is, in fact, true? Think about it! But not very hard!

FACT! Barack Obama was a community organizer. ACORN is made of community organizers. Acorns come from oak trees. Oak trees belong to the genus Quercus, which includes Quercus faginea, the Portuguese oak. The prime minister of Portugal is José Sócrates, whose last name looks like Socrates, who lived in Athens, which is also a city in Georgia, whose state fruit is the peach, which is native to China, which is exactly what Osama bin Laden was eating off of while he was plotting to destroy the Twin Towers. It's all connected, people - they just don't want you to know! And they could be black.


Oops, the link got chopped...

fafblog
"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
Back to Top
Martini View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar
Avatar

Joined: 08/February/2008
Status: Offline
Points: 537
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2008 at 2:39pm

And:

 
FACT  Obama has father 2 black children in wedlock
 
Geez can the guy get any worse?
Back to Top
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 9659
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2008 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by dogcatcher dogcatcher wrote:

Whatever your only going to see what you want to see...til it bites you in the ass.

 
obama's going to bite me in the ass?
was hoping for a little nibble from joe the senator.
Back to Top
dogcatcher View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 7377
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2008 at 3:38pm
The point of his letter is that everything he said was true and fact checked..yes it is his beliefs but at least it gives people a bit of a heads up as to who Obama really is and what he votes for.
FOCUS !!
Back to Top
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 9659
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2008 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by dogcatcher dogcatcher wrote:

The point of his letter is that everything he said was true and fact checked..yes it is his beliefs but at least it gives people a bit of a heads up as to who Obama really is and what he votes for.
'castro loves him' has been fact checked?
Back to Top
dogcatcher View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 7377
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2008 at 3:48pm
According to snopes all that was written is fact maybe they are wrong.
FOCUS !!
Back to Top
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 11750
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2008 at 3:55pm
No, DC, all that snopes says is that Brown did, in fact, send out the letter.  No comment about fact checking.

Edited by piehead - 24/October/2008 at 3:57pm
Back to Top
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar
Active here since 2001

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 6284
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2008 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by dogcatcher dogcatcher wrote:

According to snopes all that was written is fact maybe they are wrong.


Obama has explained why he voted against the Illinois Bill and it had NOTHING to do with the procedure. He vehemently opposes the procedure outlined so graphically by Mr. Brown. (as well as several hundred other NON-routine medical procedures which if you took the time to look into would give you a clue why he voted against SB 230)

The letter was Mr. Brown's OPINION using selective information about Obama and ignoring Mr. MeCain's often congruent votes and views on the same issues.

"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
Back to Top
Mr. D View Drop Down
Resident
Resident


Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 1332
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2008 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by dogcatcher dogcatcher wrote:

The point of his letter is that everything he said was true and fact checked..yes it is his beliefs but at least it gives people a bit of a heads up as to who Obama really is and what he votes for.


As the Simon and Garfunkel lyrics note, "People see and hear what they want to see, and disregard the rest."

And in the words of the immortal Dino Valenti of Quick Silver Messenger Service, Dog Catcher, "Have another hit."
Back to Top
dogcatcher View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 7377
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2008 at 6:51pm

 He is not the second coming of the Lord. Yet you refuse to even acknowledge that his agenda may really not be a good one and that he may very well be hiding who he really is.

FOCUS !!
Back to Top
QueenBee View Drop Down
Resident
Resident


Joined: 18/April/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 202
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QueenBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2008 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by dogcatcher dogcatcher wrote:

From Snopes.com ...Yes this is a true letter. It was not his intention for this to be sent around the world. My friends have not asked me to vote for either candidate. I have PROBLEMS with BOTH men but the one's I have with McCain pale in comparison with Obama. For the record I am not a Democrat nor am I a republican..I am a Christian independant who loves the Lord. If Sen obama wins he will have my  prayer support everyday. I tell my friends it's like a family where you can ALL have DIFFERANT opinions,but we love each other anyway. I love and apperciate Senator Obama but our views are very very diametrically opposed. I do not want people to think i am against gays or against women who choose to have abortions. We are ALL sinnerssaved by grace, but we need to have lawsto govern our society or else we will self destruct. What has really bothered me is that our beautiful Black women constitute 6% of the population, yet they comprise 36% of the abortion industrys clientele. Obama has done NOTHING to stop this. To be honest I cannot wait to vote for the first Black President of the United States..but it has to be a person who shares the values of the bible. Thank you all for checking in to make sure my letter was legit..it is. The sad part is I am now getting hate-mail and my family is being harrassed. God Bless you all richly.


OH my!  Where to start?  This is so fantastic it really should be fattening.

1.   The odds are the author of this is as black as Joe is a plumber or McCain is a Maverick.   The pile of lies coming from McCain and his supporters could very well bury us all alive.

2. You're voting with Jesus now?  REALLY?  Let's get real here, DC.   Assuming you can trick your way through the pearly gates and get into heaven, I wouldn't make yourself too comfortable.   Faced with the prospect of spending eternity with you, I'd wager Jesus will be voting you off the island.  I mean..... really? ShockedShocked You got the puppy with the handgun as your avatar and you're rallying the whole village up to part with their money to witness a fake bloodfest at the park.  And I'm only considering the things you've done THIS WEEK that Jesus would find objectionable.

3. "we need to have lawsto govern our society or else we will self destruct." 

Please don't sell yourself as an independent.   This statement is a cornerstone of conservative philosophy.   It's almost like you've quoted directly out of the conservative republican handbook.

4. "Maybe I am the one not hearing but I know God does not change and Obama contradicts many things I read in scripture so I doubt it."

This is one of the more prominent places where Huntley's entire position unravels.  It's all that long ago that the very same bible we have today was used to defend a pro-slavery position.  The same drum he's beating is the same one that could have kept Obama laboring on a farm instead of being a politician and would never have let Huntley publish anything (if he's actually black, or even real).  The bible and christian morals argument is so hollow because organizations and individuals pick and choose which parts work for them and which ones don't.  

5.  You're sellin, but no one's buyin.   People know you as the town gossip, and you're not very nice about it, and about as Christ-like in your behavior as I am unpassionate in my opinions.   Your behavior isn't Christian nor are your beliefs, and you're giving actual Christians a bad name.   Just call yourself a racist conservative and get it over with.



Back to Top
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar
Active here since 2001

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 6284
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2008 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by dogcatcher dogcatcher wrote:

 He is not the second coming of the Lord. Yet you refuse to even acknowledge that his agenda may really not be a good one and that he may very well be hiding who he really is.



You seem to believe every dark thing said about him without proof. Unless you count hearsay and innuendo as proof.

Let me know where you'll be on election night so me and my posse can come dance around and gloat. That IS the proper, Christian, thing to do on election nights right?


"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
Back to Top
dogcatcher View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 7377
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2008 at 7:31pm

Box of Wine anyone?

FOCUS !!
Back to Top
QueenBee View Drop Down
Resident
Resident


Joined: 18/April/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 202
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QueenBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2008 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by dogcatcher dogcatcher wrote:

 WHY I CANNOT VOTE FOR OBAMA



Sorry, Minion of the Deceiver, from the opening pitch to the last inning, this thread is all about you.   Enjoy.
Back to Top
dogcatcher View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 7377
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2008 at 8:01pm
Nope it is all about the guy who wrote the letter DUMB *** pit down the wine and read his letter is titled "Why I Cannot Vote For Obama"  I can try to type slower so your booze soaked brain can catch on.
FOCUS !!
Back to Top
QueenBee View Drop Down
Resident
Resident


Joined: 18/April/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 202
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QueenBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2008 at 8:17pm
Originally posted by dogcatcher dogcatcher wrote:

Nope it is all about the guy who wrote the letter DUMB *** pit down the wine and read his letter is titled "Why I Cannot Vote For Obama"  I can try to type slower so your booze soaked brain can catch on.


Sheer genius, coming from the person who can't copy and paste an article, but instead retypes the whole thing, with typos.  Don't type slower on my accord, I don't want you to strain yourself.

Originally posted by dogcatcher dogcatcher wrote:


The letter was written by a black man and the spelling errors were my typos.


But please, vote with Jesus, what have you got to lose?  Give it the old college--- errr... elementary school---  errr...   Sunday School try!  I'm sure the lord is proud of you.  You are such a shining example of everything that is good, honest and pure in the world.  You couldn't possibly go wrong!

Again, you're sellin, but no one in the village buys the "Christian DC" bit.   If you had a brain cell, it would be very, very lonely.   Please stop trashing the image of people who live Christian lives and admit to yourself what you are.
Back to Top
dogcatcher View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 7377
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2008 at 8:25pm
Yeah your right a Good Christian would love all his/her neighbors right Queen? And a Good Christian would never ever stand out in the street yelling obsenities at people who cannot even speak english..yeah your right.
FOCUS !!
Back to Top
QueenBee View Drop Down
Resident
Resident


Joined: 18/April/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 202
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QueenBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/October/2008 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by dogcatcher dogcatcher wrote:

Nope it is all about the guy who wrote the letter DUMB *** pit down the wine and read his letter is titled "Why I Cannot Vote For Obama"  I can try to type slower so your booze soaked brain can catch on.


Typical Republican....  can't respond to the issues, just grasps for the next person to put down.
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03
Copyright ©2001-2011 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.078 seconds.
A.Lange & Sohne Langematik Tourbillon Replica Watches ,and it must be a dream replica watches. Brand, style, visibility, features are absolutely assiduous, they not only added to their own sort of power in the rolex replica sale, and certainly can bear, "handed down" in the name. Now here is a fantastic choice for you, if you heard of Langematik Tourbillon rolex replica sale , this article will be much helpful to you. The function of a breitling replica sale is no longer confined to more of a symbol used to reflect personal taste. For men, the rolex replica uk is a symbol of their status; the contrary, a woman wearing a replica watches in addition to at the time, the greatest use is decorative, fashion Langematik Tourbillon breitling replica sale , elegance, style, simplicity, there is a pressing vulgarity temperament.