Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Education > F O O D related discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

La Bella Bistecca

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Citizen
Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: La Bella Bistecca
    Posted: 02/November/2008 at 9:58am

Went to La Bella Bistecca last night for dinner with another couple, have to give it two thumbs up. The food was great, there was some live music upstairs, the atmosphere was great for a Saturday night.....and the prices are very reasonable for what it is.

We had deep fried and cooked oysters, the girls had huge filet mignon, I had a carbonara pasta and my friend had beef tenderloins with shrimp on top.

The fish special was Mahi Mahi.....served with shrimp etouffee and spinach.....it looked so good.

A lot of entrees in the teen range, and some that are in the 20's range......the filet (10 oz) with veggies and potatoes was $28 (was the special). The waiter was extremely friendly, told us the prices of the specials without asking (always like that) and they wouldn't mind if we sat there all night.

I will be back, highly recommended!
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/November/2008 at 10:14am
Glad to hear a review.  Marani does seem to have the golden touch.
PaulW View Drop Down
Citizen
Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/November/2008 at 7:48pm
I was walking by the place tonight, Robert Marani was on the sidewalk, my wife and myself talked to him for a while. I actually met him on my boat years ago, the Shaggers played a few gigs including Venetian night on my boat.

Anyway.......he will be offering lunch now......European bistro style.....quick and good, no fried food. At very competitive prices I understand.....probably the same cost as Jimmy John's from what I gather. I thought he said they would open for lunch on election day.

His wine store is going to open up soon.....I was totally excited when I left, he is a high energy guy. I would recommend you try his place for lunch....he showed us the layout/ideas and it looks great.

Here is a picture of Robert and one of the Shaggers, Marcus on the boat about 7 years ago.....funny that I moved to Forest Park later and got to know him.

Edited by PaulW - 03/November/2008 at 7:48pm
dogcatcher View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/November/2008 at 7:51pm
Great pic Paul the background is fantastic,we have the most beautiful skyline.
FOCUS !!
 Post Reply Post Reply