Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Main Discussion Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where's Barney?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where's Barney?
    Posted: 04/November/2008 at 11:28am
I have heard from a couple sources (one bought a home from Barney/Cherryfield) that Barney O'Reily has flown the coop back to Ireland.

I feel about 87% confident in this info and will stand for correction, but can anyone else confirm it?

Edited by backman - 04/November/2008 at 11:29am
backman
vorots View Drop Down
Citizen
Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vorots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/November/2008 at 11:40am
Heard the same thing about a week or so ago. Don't know about Ireland, but I am 100% sure that he is nowhere around here.
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/November/2008 at 11:50am
I also heard the same thing.  Heard he stiffed one of his contractors for $150K.  Wonder who else he's screwed over? 
vorots View Drop Down
Citizen
Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vorots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/November/2008 at 11:56am
I heard that it is a long line with some very upset people.
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/November/2008 at 12:31pm
I'm pretty sure I put out there that he would high tail it out of FP at some point.....obviously, not without paying his creditors though.  Good luck with the warranty work (although his homes are so well constructed I doubt anyone will need any Wink).

His website is no more either. 

Edited by piehead - 04/November/2008 at 12:35pm
dogcatcher View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/November/2008 at 12:38pm
yep he flew the coop..he was a jerk to my friends,not sad to see him gone.
FOCUS !!
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/November/2008 at 12:39pm
but, but....he made his living in FP? What's going to happen with the Elgin condos he needed so badly?

Edited by logic - 04/November/2008 at 12:41pm
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/November/2008 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by logic logic wrote:

but, but....he made his living in FP? What's going to happen with the Elgin condos he needed so badly?

The village will overpay to buy the land (unless he defaults on property taxes and the village can take over) and then convert to parking.

Edited by piehead - 04/November/2008 at 1:14pm
PaulW View Drop Down
Citizen
Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/November/2008 at 1:59pm
Excuse my ignorance but Barney O'Reily = Cheeryfield Construction?
vorots View Drop Down
Citizen
Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vorots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/November/2008 at 2:01pm
Correct
backman View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/November/2008 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by PaulW PaulW wrote:

Barney O'Reily = Cheeryfield Construction?

I am guessing Barney might not be "Cheery" today.
backman
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/November/2008 at 3:48pm
I bet he is very Cheery what with all the money he made.
FOCUS !!
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/November/2008 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by dogcatcher dogcatcher wrote:

I bet he is very Cheery what with all the money he made.

Or all the debts he left behind.
videoguy View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote videoguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/November/2008 at 12:12pm
Not being a US citizen (I think he was in this country about 4 years), I doubt that Interpol is going to look for him in order to collect bad debts. He got out with his moola and rode the market correctly. And those who hitched to his wagon are being left in the dust. Too bad but not surprising.
KPO'M View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KPO'M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/November/2008 at 12:26pm
I wonder what Calderone thinks of all those variances he granted them over the years.
videoguy View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote videoguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/November/2008 at 12:33pm
He got contributions from Barney, right? Quid pro quo.
backman View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/November/2008 at 2:07pm
Barney/Cherryfield was the rehab contractor on Hosty's new house at Warren and Circle.

Hosty told a neighbor of mine that Barney left town with some of his money. I got the impression it was many, many thousands.
backman
Katie View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/November/2008 at 2:35pm
Maybe Hosty can ask Calderone to reimburse him.

Edited by Katie - 07/November/2008 at 2:45pm
jujube50 View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujube50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/November/2008 at 3:11pm
"The village will overpay to buy the land (unless he defaults on property taxes and the village can take over) and then convert to parking"

OMGUnhappy
Gall town smarm
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/November/2008 at 3:32pm
The topic where's Barney..the answer do we really care?
FOCUS !!
janewitch View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janewitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/November/2008 at 3:06pm
Heard Hosty got screwed to the tune of about $25,ooo.  Karma sucks!
janewitch
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/November/2008 at 4:32pm
Holy Karma !!! That had to sting !!
FOCUS !!
Katie View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/November/2008 at 2:46pm
Here's an update from the Review. Almost no info. about Barney himself, but some info. on the mess he's left behind.

http://forestparkreview.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=38&ArticleID=3657
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/November/2008 at 3:11pm

He better have a really good hiding spot,cause this guy Hughes is probably gunning for him, as well as others he effed over.

FOCUS !!
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/November/2008 at 3:19pm
Yes, he better hide real good as at least one of the sub-contractors is a countryman of his.  I'm guessing the Irish mob can find him in his homeland.

Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/November/2008 at 4:27pm
Bet he was smart enough to go elsewhere. Wonder exactly how much he got away with?
FOCUS !!
JBWB View Drop Down
Seagull
Seagull

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JBWB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/November/2008 at 12:11am
O'Barney, O'Barney, oh where did you go, DaBakmans been looking for you, but no luck you know. Once you were there O'Boy did we know, the folks over on Elgin put on a great show. The Chilzens were gaming to get into the show, they even crossed bounderies, don't you know. O'Barney, O'Barney none of us know just how bad Doolin wants to put on a show, you gave up, you put up, and sold some to those who live in the houses that Doolin did not show. Maybe some day, O'Barney ole boy, Garman could draw some picture of hay with you in the lead and Backman to tow.
If I had a hammer.... I would use it on a nail
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/November/2008 at 12:43am
Sung to the tune of "Woolly Bully".
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/November/2008 at 6:39am
I was thinking Oh Where O Where Has My Little Dog Gone.
FOCUS !!
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/November/2008 at 7:30am
Goes like this, DC.

O'Barney, O'Barney,....... oh where did you go,......... DaBakmans been looking for you, but no luck you know.....woolly bully, woolly bully, woolly bully, etc......
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>