Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Local Political Arena > Letters to The Editor, editorials
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Unedited Letters to the Editor

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unedited Letters to the Editor
    Posted: 15/January/2009 at 12:02pm
I am starting this new topic and perhaps it should have its own category, as a depository for letters that citizens send to the Forest Park Review and other publications. The Review especially has taken many liberties in cutting letter content that is neither indecent or offensive but removed anyway for no sensible or rational, journalistic reason.

Here is the first deposit, Tony Sarley's letter of January 14, 2009.

Thanks to Barack Obama the world is finally exposed to Illinois politics in all its pay to play glory. Without his success, Rezko, Blagojevich, Ryan and the gang would be small print. The Madigans, Quinn, Jackson, Durbin, Daley and Cross are appalled. They promise to rid our state of this scourge! How? Well I hope by committing to change the political culture by adopting strict campaign contribution limits and enforce restrictions on contributors wanting business or favors.                                                                                                                    

Our village council, led by the Calderone crew, has clung to the mantra that what is good for the state is good for Forest Park. No it is not and we can’t wait! Politicians have abused power and embarrassed Illinois voters long enough. Their ignorance of right and wrong enables corruption.

Commissioners Curry and Hoskins will support Calderone’s agenda now, however, when   their mayoral crave hits they will need a level playing field. Campaign reforms as part of a meaningful ethics ordinance is a start. Maybe with Commissioner Tellalian’s help they will do the right thing and initiate an inevitable change. As politicians say, “three beats two.”

As Village Administrator Mike Sturino leaves to lobby for the road builders, why not eliminate his Ethics Officer title and pass the pressure to law? End any perception of impropriety before Calderone begs Tim “Atta Boy” Gillian back to succeed the Maestro and save us from the dark roads ahead. Oops I forgot, Gillian approved the darkness on Madison.

Anyway, Obama’s climate of change should inspire our council to ensure that three for the good always beats two with the money!

Tony Sarley
Forest Park
backman
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/January/2009 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by backman backman wrote:

I am starting this new topic and perhaps it should have its own category, as a depository for letters that citizens send to the Forest Park Review and other publications. The Review especially has taken many liberties in cutting letter content that is neither indecent or offensive but removed anyway for no sensible or rational, journalistic reason.

Here is the first deposit, Tony Sarley's letter of January 14, 2009.

AS ORIGINALLY WRITTEN
Thanks to Barack Obama the world is finally exposed to Illinois politics in all its pay to play glory. Without his success, Rezko, Blagojevich, Ryan and the gang would be small print. The Madigans, Quinn, Jackson, Durbin, Daley and Cross are appalled. They promise to rid our state of this scourge! How? Well I hope by committing to change the political culture by adopting strict campaign contribution limits and enforce restrictions on contributors wanting business or favors.                                                                                                                    

Our village council, led by the Calderone crew, has clung to the mantra that what is good for the state is good for Forest Park. No it is not and we can’t wait! Politicians have abused power and embarrassed Illinois voters long enough. Their ignorance of right and wrong enables corruption.

Commissioners Curry and Hoskins will support Calderone’s agenda now, however, when   their mayoral crave hits they will need a level playing field. Campaign reforms as part of a meaningful ethics ordinance is a start. Maybe with Commissioner Tellalian’s help they will do the right thing and initiate an inevitable change. As politicians say, “three beats two.”

As Village Administrator Mike Sturino leaves to lobby for the road builders, why not eliminate his Ethics Officer title and pass the pressure to law? End any perception of impropriety before Calderone begs Tim “Atta Boy” Gillian back to succeed the Maestro and save us from the dark roads ahead. Oops I forgot, Gillian approved the darkness on Madison.

Anyway, Obama’s climate of change should inspire our council to ensure that three for the good always beats two with the money!

Tony Sarley
Forest Park
PRINTED VERSION

Three beats two?

Thanks to Barack Obama the world is finally exposed to Illinois politics in all its pay to play glory. Without his success, Rezko, Blagojevich, Ryan and the gang would be small print. The Madigans, Quinn, Jackson, Durbin, Daley and Cross are appalled. Our village council, led by the Calderone crew, has clung to the mantra that what is good for the state is good for Forest Park. No it is not and we can't wait! Politicians have abused power and embarrassed Illinois voters long enough. Their ignorance of right and wrong enables corruption.

Commissioners Curry and Hoskins will support Calderone's agenda now, however, when their mayoral crave hits they will need a level playing field. Campaign reforms as part of a meaningful ethics ordinance is a start. Maybe with Commissioner Tellalian's help they will do the right thing and initiate an inevitable change. As politicians say, "three beats two."

As Village Administrator Mike Sturino leaves to lobby for the road builders, why not eliminate his Ethics Officer title and pass the pressure to law? Anyway, Obama's climate of change should inspire our council to ensure that three for the good always beats two with the money!

Tony Sarley
Forest Park

Edited by citizen - 15/January/2009 at 1:49pm
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/January/2009 at 1:18pm

thanks, i think this is an important topic. i've included the 'printed version' for comparison. or i could have just posted the link. anyone have an opinion on that?

i've not had any real problems w/my letters. and notice josh does edit out national/not local references.
AND, broken record moment: the FPF community should be writing their thoughts to the Review.

EDIT: let's make this easy. went back and italicised omitted parts of 'AS WRITTEN.'

Edited by citizen - 15/January/2009 at 1:48pm
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/January/2009 at 12:42pm
I'm going to move these discussions out of Steve's topic into their own little nest in Soapbox for further discussions.

Steve's intent was a good one and should be kept viable without the tangents.

"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
Sharon Daly View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharon Daly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/January/2009 at 11:09am
my letter 1/21/90. just a tweak or two - good editing. thanks, josh.

Letter to Editor 

It didn’t have to turn out this way.

The ins-and-outs of Mark Hosty’s rehab could have been a teaching moment and a healing opportunity for us. I suspect some members of the Village Council, the FPPD and building department agree.

The non-documentation, the inconclusive conclusion, the bogus VC festivities celebrating this odd saga leave readers and observers confused and/or still stuck in their preconceived notions of how our elected officials do or do not serve us.

What if this happened, instead?

For the sake of argument, let’s assume there is plenty of blame to go around, including negligence to some degree by Hosty. As a public official, he could have chosen to say, “Hey, I screwed up. It’s my house and my responsibility to ensure the rehab was proper and legal. As your elected commissioner, I should have set a better example. I am pulling all pertinent permits and paying all associated fees and fines. Additionally, I am dropping my trespassing charges against Steve Backman. I acted in anger and haste, and do not wish to further tax village resources on this matter.”

In that scenario, a resident might have identified with Hosty and possibly forgiven him. And possibly the Village would have earned the respect and trust they would have deserved.

Edited by Sharon Daly - 21/January/2009 at 11:10am
We the People...
backman View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/March/2009 at 8:21am
Here is a letter to this weeks FP Review that Editor Josh Adams would not print.

Village is Broke (VIB)

Performances of the infrastructure improvement sin-phony conducted by “Maestro” Sturino, featuring soloists “Cab” Calderone and Mark “Loan Me” Hosty have gone dark. Projects were waltzed out for bid without money to pay for the work and Sturino left to be the new ash-fault czar. Village Improvement Program (VIP) management has no payment plan and dire financial realities may end productions.

Similar to the Water Project, Altenhiem and Beloit purchases, the VIP borrowed beyond our means and has “No Extra Cash!” VIP has become VIB: Village is Broke. Every village fund is short of cash and Rory “Let’s Lobby” Hoskins handouts are not forthcoming.

Finance Director Judy Kovacs explained that after bond obligations the balance in the VIP fund is not enough for new projects. Without another loan or stimulus help, the debt service from previous pathetic political paving prevents Forest Park from receiving $3.2M. We can’t afford our share for the Harvard and Jackson projects. Kovacs further informed that borrowing will be difficult due to the current conditions and our credit rating may be downgraded.

Actually, yearly sales tax revenues segregated for infrastructure improvements are estimated at $920K but from that we owe $710K. We need $1.5M to proceed in May. Clearly the VIP was not going to fund these projects. Calderone has snookered the council and they will either borrow more or lose $3.2M. Loans will cost more long term.      

Calderone’s spiral of spending must stop. Forest Park is not immune to the current economic problems and they all stem from the burden of too much debt. This Council’s history of fiscal failures has to be reversed and they can begin with responsible long term decisions. The village is broke and the three bears need to get bullish with Goldilocks!

Tony Sarley

Edited by backman - 04/March/2009 at 8:22am
backman
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/March/2009 at 9:54am
backman, re: your statement:
"Here is a letter to this weeks FP Review that Editor Josh Adams would not print."

would not print, or did not print this week? was there a conversation?
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/March/2009 at 10:10am
I sent a note to Josh and his response was that there was no room in this week's Review.....and that it would be printed next week.
backman View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/March/2009 at 10:40am
Tony Sarley and Josh Adams did have a conversation. "Declined to print" is what I was told.

There were only two other letters in the paper this week with a total of 383 words between them according to MS Word.
backman
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/March/2009 at 10:55am
Here's the exact response received:  "There is a limited amount of space in the newspaper for letters. Mr. Sarley's letter will be printed next week."

I thought it odd as well as there are only 2 in there.....how come they have so much space to put in all the Riverside Landmark letters then??????  Or does the Review just have so much other news fit to print that letters to the editor just don't fit?

Edited by piehead - 04/March/2009 at 10:57am
Sharon Daly View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharon Daly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/March/2009 at 12:32pm
i think tom holmes is the culprit :) if you check the paper-paper, he's got a big piece on team blonde/green. + the editorial, 2 letters, 2 obits = 2 pages are filled.
as to conversations...hmm.
perhaps another conversation is in order to clear the air. if josh has issues w/the content/style of the letter, what are they and can they be fixed? i bet they can.

i know i come off as an apologist for the paper, but we need it and it needs us.
and we need people like tony sarley to keep writing.

We the People...
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/March/2009 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by Sharon Daly Sharon Daly wrote:

it needs us.
and we need people like tony sarley to keep writing.

I've been doing my part.  Been a subscriber for at least 20 years.
videoguy View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote videoguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2009 at 12:57am
Maybe it wasnt printed because it makes no sense. I have no idea what he was trying to say, and just because someone writes something doesnt make it true. How about some citations of where these "facts" come from? I wouldnt print it, sounds like ramblings.
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2009 at 7:48am
Originally posted by videoguy videoguy wrote:

Maybe it wasnt printed because it makes no sense. I have no idea what he was trying to say, and just because someone writes something doesnt make it true. How about some citations of where these "facts" come from? I wouldnt print it, sounds like ramblings.

Which part of WE DON'T HAVE THE MONEY didn't make sense to you?

The village's spending beyond its means has put us underwater.
They want to get in line for the big money give-away of the stimulus but can't because they blew our ante on other stuff. (Lawyers, consultants, witch hunts, Lawyers, speed bumps, Lawyers, traffic calmers, Lawyers, window dressing and etceteras)

They want to tap our equity, AGAIN, so they won't miss out on this week's specials. Offer ends soon. Sign-up before midnight tonight!
Only a few trillions remain... Act NOW! They offer NO plan for how the money will be repaid. THEY WANT IT! It's a good deal! Everybody else is doing it!

Maybe you have an extra $1.2 Million to bailout Tony's grand plans?

"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2009 at 11:54am
To clarify:

I got a question about the above.

> curious...what's window dressing?

Lipstick on a pig?

12 years ago it was Bedsheets. Now it's custom bottom-up mini-blinds.
12 years ago it was dozens of light up plastic soldiers and Santa's sleigh strung from a tree.
Now it's a large, but tasteful wreath.
12 years ago it was an intersection, today it's a streetscaped townsquare
Click Streetview and look around....Google Map
How much for that brick circle in the middle?
In finance:
Financial Lingo
Window Dressing
A strategy used by mutual fund and portfolio managers near the year or quarter end to improve the appearance of the portfolio/fund performance before presenting it to clients or shareholders.

Like in April 2007 claiming the village had a $3.2 Million reserve fund. Then when the fiscal year ended May 30th, 2007 it was a $1.8 million deficit.

The little things. Ya know?

Edited by watcher - 05/March/2009 at 11:56am
Mr. D View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/March/2009 at 10:30am
This is probably over simplifying just a bit, but, in essence, what's happened for sometime is that a high school drop out with little understanding of municipal money management was allowed to take the lead in a number of schemes-- and by "schemes" I mean "schemes" -- that played with the village's funds (water projects).

Along the way, efforts were made to do somethings that were actually needed (street improvements).

None of this was ever done in an open fashion, with prior notice and public deliberation. Hence, the flaws were never identified and eliminated, mistakes were allowed to fester, and now we're paying the price on our balance sheet.

Having a rather stupid, uneducated, untrained man in charge of local government isn't the worst thing that can happen. What IS the worst thing that can happen is letting that rather stupid, uneducated, untrained man have full sway over government, without timely questions ever being asked.

And just to be clear here, it's not a good idea to allow smart, educated, well trained men or women to be in charge of government without subjecting them to routine challenges of their thought processes.
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/March/2009 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by Mr. D Mr. D wrote:

None of this was ever done in an open fashion, with prior notice and public deliberation. Hence, the flaws were never identified and eliminated, mistakes were allowed to fester, and now we're paying the price...

put a cover on it and sell it as "The History of Forest Park."
backman View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/August/2009 at 11:11am
Here is a new letter from Tony Sarley:

Déjà vu All over Again

Conveniently Calderone accepts the applause for the last Madison Street paving improvement project, but it wasn’t until recently that he acknowledged the lighting stinks and the cost was a million over budget. Of course Goldilocks and Abbey Road were not responsible for that fiasco because it was all somebody else’s fault. Other elected officials, engineers, an inept plumbing (sewer and water) contractor and the list goes on.

Once again Calderone is leading the glad-handers touting the new street improvement project parade. I wonder if Calderone feels a sense of déjà vu. The construction is being done by the same contractor who was the lucky low bidder on Madison Street. They hired an underground subcontractor who has constructed new drainage structures that do not comply with The Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago requirements. All of this under the watchful eye of our consulting engineer.

Let’s summarize, same contractor, more sewer problems and engineering questions. Yep, as Yogi says, “this is deja vu all over again.” The only people missing are the other elected officials. Who do you think Calderone will blame when the sewer has to be reconstructed? Lead Rehabber, Hosty? It’s his department! Or how about the engineer, Tellalian? Everybody blames Baby Bear. Maybe the covert Rehabber, Curry. If money becomes an issue, certainly Hoskins won’t feel too rosy.

Never fear I am sure Abbey Road will arrive just in time to save the day!

Tony Sarley
541 Thomas Avenue

Edited by backman - 03/August/2009 at 11:12am
backman
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/August/2009 at 5:40pm
uh, how can any contractor not follow the Water Rec code? do you know the specific problem?
shouldn't it be fixed NOW, before the street is paved over?
who is the contractor doing the street work? the general and the sub. whose trucks are out there?

Burke is the engineering co. is that the same Burke that contributes to the mayoral campaign chest?

piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/August/2009 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by citizen citizen wrote:

[Burke is the engineering co. is that the same Burke that contributes to the mayoral campaign chest?

I believe it's one and the same
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/August/2009 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by piehead piehead wrote:

[Burke is the engineering co. is that the same Burke that contributes to the mayoral campaign chest?

I believe it's one and the same
oh. so it's not the burke that is a major booze distributor?
Martini View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/August/2009 at 8:08am
Perhaps the reason the Review has ceased to print Sarley's letter unedited is that they are full of insults and insinuation. 

Under whose administration was the resconstruction of Madison Street and its goofy lighting system contracted for?  Does Abbey Paving do lights?  While Hosty does have a record of playing fast and loose on the permits, Curry did not get a permit once, owned up to his mistake (can you prove it was intententional and not an oversite?) and got the permit immediately.  The rest of the work on his home and his previous home was done completely above board.

I would be more inclined to care about what Sarley had to say if he said in a way that was more straightforward and less Rush Limbaugh.
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/August/2009 at 8:41am
Originally posted by Martini Martini wrote:

Curry did not get a permit once, owned up to his mistake (can you prove it was intententional and not an oversite?) and got the permit immediately.  The rest of the work on his home and his previous home was done completely above board.

And you know all the work on his other home was above board how exactly? Did you live near him? I heard he did his last home the same way....didn't get permits til someone turned him in.

And come on now, not intentional and an oversite? Did you actually type that without laughing the entire time. The guy was the HEAD of the ZBA before becoming a commissioner on the platform of zoning. He starts a huge remodeling project at his LNC home and doesn't think he needs permits for it? or a variance?   
Martini View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/August/2009 at 9:27am

As a matter of fact, I am a neighbor and friend of Currys.  I don't know where you got your information but I know for a fact that he did get all the required permits for his first house and all but the one he apologized for in his second. 

Yes he was head of the ZBA and yes he should have known what he needed.  Have you never in your life gotten busy and forgotten something.  I see cars driving around town with things on the roof.  I generally assume the driver got distracted and forgot. 

But then again, we all know how perfect you are, so you probably have never made a mistake.  I apologize for assuming that you might have.
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/August/2009 at 9:40am
I am far from perfect, but I would never undertake a major house renovation project and FORGET to get a permit. Please. I didn't just fall off the turnip truck.

Driving around with a coffee mug on your roof is hardly planning a home renovation. After all, the guy is at village hall, in the building where he needs to get permission, at least every 2 weeks if not more often.....doesn't he ever meet with Boyle, the head of the dept. who issues the permits and such? Probably more often than the average FPer for sure.

I will never buy the I FORGOT scenario with Curry, and especially after the Hosty fiasco. He knows better than that. I'm happy you believe him. You'll be one of the few to vote for him if he chooses to run again.

watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/August/2009 at 11:09am
Originally posted by Martini Martini wrote:

Perhaps the reason the Review has ceased to print Sarley's letter unedited is that they are full of insults and insinuation. 

Under whose administration was the resconstruction of Madison Street and its goofy lighting system contracted for?  Does Abbey Paving do lights?  While Hosty does have a record of playing fast and loose on the permits, Curry did not get a permit once, owned up to his mistake (can you prove it was intententional and not an oversite?) and got the permit immediately.  The rest of the work on his home and his previous home was done completely above board.

I would be more inclined to care about what Sarley had to say if he said in a way that was more straightforward and less Rush Limbaugh.

The lights were contracted for AFTER CATC became MATC. Yes, there were lights in the original project, but that project was radically changed & expanded under MATC's first council. In fact, there was a great deal of promotion and bragging about the upgrades and extras.

Despite what MATC claims now, council members were proud of spending $5 million on what had started as a $1 million project. Some of the costs may have been allocated to other budgetary functions and/or grant money may be excluded in MATC current statements, but Commissioner Hotsy c. 2001-2, when asked, proudly said the bill was at $5 million and they weren't done yet.

What does Abbey Paving have to do with anything? At this point in the timeline Comm. Gillian had sold his interests in Abbey.

The former building guy, Tom Murphy was replaced because he balked at implementing the zoning changes that have made LNC such a nightmare. By the time Boyle arrived, those changes were "aged policy" and the enforcement was stepped up.

I'd be almost willing to give Curry the benefit of the doubt on his mulligan if the Hotsy debacle hadn't just happened making ALL the commissioners VERY aware of the process and requirements. Just bad timing? An overSIGHT? Possible, but...

Expanding the usable square footage without a paper trail for the assessor to track makes it likely that the tax bills are not proportionally accurate. Given the dismal state of accuracy in the assessments in general, it makes it even harder to straighten out the mess.

It was then candidate Curry who wrote: "As an attorney I have reviewed countless documents, papers and reports prior to advising clients on legal issues. As an elected official, I will review all available information prior to making a decision. If I am not satisfied with the received information I will conduct my own investigation to retrieve the necessary information prior to voting on an issue. I will not just vote for (or against) a certain issue/ordinance because other members of our government favor (disagree with) an issue/ordinance. Ultimately, I will make informed and smart decisions."

FAIL. This is a meticulous tees crossed i's dotted kind of guy?

I agree that Mr. Sarley should be less snarky, more informative with his letters to the Review. If he wants to do snark, everybody knows that THIS is the place for that.

citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/August/2009 at 11:20am
nice piece, watcher. covered alot of bases, perfectly. thanks.
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/August/2009 at 11:50am

nice piece, watcher. covered alot of bases, perfectly. thanks.

What she said
 Post Reply Post Reply