Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Soapbox
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Thought of the Day
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thought of the Day

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>
Author
Message
videoguy View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority
Avatar

Joined: 02/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 2863
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote videoguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/July/2009 at 11:45am
Let him (Ryan) rot. Because he is old and/or sick, he should be let out? Screw that. He did the crime, let him do the time.
Back to Top
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 9659
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/July/2009 at 2:59pm

actually, yesterday's thought, the 40th anniversary of the moon landing.

 
apparently The Onion did this on 30th anniversary :)
h/t, driftglass. 
 
edit: hmm. can you guys see the image? i could in preview, but not now.
 
 


Edited by citizen - 17/July/2009 at 3:02pm
Back to Top
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 9659
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/July/2009 at 9:37am
Back to Top
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 9659
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/July/2009 at 9:30am
just for fun. 100 best movie lines in 200 seconds.
Back to Top
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 9659
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/August/2009 at 2:37pm
for you, pie. they're not just in forest park :)
 
Back to Top
rosie View Drop Down
Citizen
Citizen


Joined: 21/August/2008
Status: Offline
Points: 219
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/August/2009 at 3:14pm
....like Birthers, people PROTESTING health care reform and idiots that think Clinton going to
Korea makes us look weak..........
Back to Top
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority


Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 5290
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/August/2009 at 6:36pm
Don't think it's health care reform, per se, but the 1000 page plan which includes, God knows what? and which no one including Obama can articulate. The UNINSURED should have a viable program, unforturnately, the cupboard is empty.

Personally, have no problem with Clinton to the rescue. What concerns me is we haven't heard the whole story. Would like to know if the journalists KNOWINGLY took their chances and crossed into N Korean territory or were picked-up on the outer fringe. Why?  If they crossed the border intentionally, it was reckless behavior. They had no right to put the US in the position of having to try and save them.
Back to Top
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 9659
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/September/2009 at 3:44pm
Bill Dwyer, resident, writer and softball nut, has been nominated for six (6!) Illinois Press Assn awards via his work at the wednesday journal. whooeee!
awards will be announced in october.


Edited by citizen - 03/September/2009 at 3:44pm
Back to Top
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority


Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 5290
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/September/2009 at 4:22pm
My thought for the day. Excellent David Horowitz interview on Glenn Beck, smart and informative. THINK

Congrats, D, good luck.

Back to Top
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 11750
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/September/2009 at 9:12pm
Sorry, but I've only seen one thing with Glenn Beck. I wouldn't trust him to watch my cat.
Back to Top
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority


Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 5290
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/September/2009 at 9:43pm
What one thing, pie?
Back to Top
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 11750
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/September/2009 at 9:54pm
His totally untrue commentary about "cash for clunkers" and how the government will take over your computer if you went to the site. Turns out he was at the site for the dealers and not the common folk that actually wanted to trade their clunker in. I, personally, would never trust someone like him for anything. But that's just me.
Back to Top
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority


Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 5290
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/September/2009 at 9:50am
The common folk had to go through the "cash for clunkers" dealers' sites to be approved, unless you know something I don't. Sometimes he goes a "trace" too far but have never been one to throw the baby out with the bathwater. That's just me:)
Back to Top
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar
Active here since 2001

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 6284
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/September/2009 at 10:04am
Originally posted by logic logic wrote:

The common folk had to go through the "cash for clunkers" dealers' sites to be approved, unless you know something I don't. Sometimes he goes a "trace" too far but have never been one to throw the baby out with the bathwater. That's just me:)


Yeah, just a smidge eh? Obama's Hitler Youth. Death Panels. Birther...

"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
Back to Top
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority


Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 5290
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/September/2009 at 10:38am
So tell me, watcher, we have our local police force, State Police, National Guard, then our Armed Forces. Why do we need a national security force, just as well-funded as our military?

Beck is not a Birther, you have plenty of other material:)


Edited by logic - 05/September/2009 at 10:41am
Back to Top
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 11750
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/September/2009 at 11:02am
Originally posted by logic logic wrote:

The common folk had to go through the "cash for clunkers" dealers' sites to be approved, unless you know something I don't.


I know a few people who took advantage of the cash for clunkers money and experienced no problem on their end. The dealers may have to jump through hoops to get it approved, but most likely to keep the cheating down to a smaller level?
Back to Top
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar
Active here since 2001

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 6284
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/September/2009 at 11:40am
Originally posted by logic logic wrote:

So tell me, watcher, we have our local police force, State Police, National Guard, then our Armed Forces. Why do we need a national security force, just as well-funded as our military?Beck is not a Birther, you have plenty of other material:)


Who is proposing a national security force? By whose definition do you determine that to mean armed troops? Are good levies in NOLA in our national security interests? Are good schools in Altgeld Gardens in our national security interests? Is a functional 21st century power grid in our national interests? Are healthy, properly nourished kids in our national security interests? Is replacing gangs and drugs with beneficial activities in our national security interests? Does repairing a crumbling infrastructure benefit our national security?
Do these national security interests deserve at LEAST the same focus, resources and commitment as the Pentagon?

Just because Bush Co. defined NATIONAL SECURITY as guns, ammo and boots on the ground that means Obama thinks the same way? Who's being disingenuous there?

Beck isn't a birther? He's done at least a dozen shows, probably more, during which he's provided a platform for the cause. He's a self- admitted LIAR. That you don't see him as one while he clearly sees his "role" as saying anything that juices his ratings? Again, who's the disingenuous one?

"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
Back to Top
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority


Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 5290
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/September/2009 at 11:58am
I know it's a stretch but could you please try sticking to the topic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt2yGzHfy7s

What are his national security objectives, do you know, think you know? Enlighten.


Back to Top
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar
Active here since 2001

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 6284
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/September/2009 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by logic logic wrote:

I know it's a stretch but could you please try sticking to the topic.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt2yGzHfy7sWhat are his national security objectives, do you know, think you know? Enlighten.


The military is only a small segment of National Security. All the ON TOPIC things I mentioned and at least a hundred more are national security related. An HONEST banking system. Clean Water. Safe food. Floods, Tornados, Wildfires, flu pandemics...
Community, regional, state and federal coordination of CIVILIAN efforts is what he is talking about. You don't ONLY need an arsenal of push-button weaponry to meet and address our security interests.

Beating swords into plowshares ring any bells?

"Until the latest of our world conflicts, the United States had no armaments industry. American makers of plowshares could, with time and as required, make swords as well. But now we can no longer risk emergency improvisation of national defense; we have been compelled to create a permanent armaments industry of vast proportions. Added to this, three and a half million men and women are directly engaged in the defense establishment. We annually spend on military security more than the net income of all United States corporations." DDE

Guns AND Butter?

Ignoring and/or outsourcing these basic infrastructure "weapons" in favor of the military/industrial complex means we can project "power" around the world, and blow s**t up, but we can't fix s**t.

Having all these resources tied up under Pentagon control then trying to adapt them to civilian purpose is hardly cost-effective; bordering on just plain stupid.








Edited by watcher - 06/September/2009 at 10:15am
"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
Back to Top
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority


Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 5290
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2009 at 9:33pm
Think the Prez needs to clarify exactly what he means. Semantics? According to your definition everything Maslow/Mother Nature is security related.
Back to Top
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar
Active here since 2001

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 6284
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2009 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by logic logic wrote:

Think the Prez needs to clarify exactly what he means. Semantics? According to your definition everything Maslow/Mother Nature is security related.


Clarify to whom? Any syllable he utters gets parsed by MORONS until it means what THEY want it to mean (with your guy Beck leading the moron parade). He talks for three minutes and they "discuss" it for the next 23hrs 57 minutes or more. There's your daily talking point.

Before you say that it's no different than the Dems did to Bush, think about that for a minute...

I'll wait...



"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
Back to Top
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority


Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 5290
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2009 at 10:12pm
What are you waiting for? There's a lack of trust with this president, much the same with Dems/Bush, couldn't do anything right. A position, I feel, totally unfair, same with Obama. So, where do we go from here?

As for Beck, his right to question/dissect. What is there to fear?


Edited by logic - 06/September/2009 at 10:15pm
Back to Top
FP_citizen2 View Drop Down
Resident
Resident
Avatar

Joined: 10/August/2009
Location: Conifer, CO
Status: Offline
Points: 93
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FP_citizen2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2009 at 11:17pm
Just a thought - how can you compare 8 years of misery under Bush against less than 1 year of Obama? I still trust the Prez plenty and and thankful he is in office....watcher makes a valid point - those against him parse his words to make it in their favor, and then take it a step further by perpetuating lies....the funny thing is that those that aren't drones of the right wing actually realize that it makes them look more and more desperate rather than having some sort of valid and coherant agenda...I say keep talking right wingers - your grasp at power will continue to be more slippery!
Back to Top
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority


Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 5290
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2009 at 6:09am
Originally posted by FP_citizen2 FP_citizen2 wrote:

...watcher makes a valid point - those against him parse his words to make it in their favor, and then take it a step further by perpetuating lies...
Politiks,  was ever so, and worse, no one gets a pass.

It isn't about comparisons. Realize my limitations, lack of knowledge regarding policy making, possess little in the way of political acumen. What I do know is this, to take EVERYTHING right/left deem them bad/good, good/bad is divisive, simplistic and stupid.

As for untutored opinion, when watching the whole of Obama's speech, the day it was given, a blip registered in my meager brain when he spoke of a civilian national security force, same with the anointing of Czars and WH phishing for non-believers. Have learned to trust those blips through the yrs, my compass. You have yours.

watcher, your shallow, cheap shots  like "your guy Beck", you people, etc... is probably one of the few things I dislike about you.
Back to Top
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar
Active here since 2001

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 6284
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2009 at 8:30am
Originally posted by logic logic wrote:


Politiks,  was ever so, and worse, no one gets a pass.It isn't about comparisons. Realize my limitations, lack of knowledge
regarding policy making, possess little in the way of political acumen.
What I do know is this, to take EVERYTHING right/left deem them
bad/good, good/bad is divisive, simplistic and stupid.

As for untutored opinion, when watching the whole of Obama's speech, the day it was given, a blip registered in my meager brain when he spoke of a civilian national security force, same with the anointing of Czars and WH phishing for non-believers. Have learned to trust those blips through the yrs, my compass. You have yours.watcher, your shallow, cheap shots  like "your guy Beck", you people, etc... is probably one of the few things I dislike about you.


My bleeding heart is broken. It must just be a coinkydink that your brain blips lock onto the same trite phraseology echolalia used by the starters and bulls**t pen on Faux Noise? Czars, WH phishing? Obama Youth... These ring true to you?

Realizing your limitations, lack of knowledge is no excuse for taking the Cliff Notes route to be in the cool clique. 40 years (or more) of authoritarian dominance may make it seem to you that opposing points of view are equally to blame for conditions, but closer examination shows a fairly consistent POV has gotten us here and a radical view is dramatically less radical when it actually addresses the problems/issues. Given the path we've been on all these years, how can "radical" thinking NOT be assigned to anything that deviates from the "norm".

Originally posted by logic logic wrote:

As for Beck, his right to question/dissect. What is there to fear?


Gee, I don't know... Irresponsible, sloppy, reckless, self-promoting, self-serving, tabloid bulls**t posing as journalism? Did you watch Beck on HLN or just discover him when he moved to Faux Noise? "Long time fan, first time caller"?

Beck isn't interested in fixing anything.

"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
Back to Top
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority


Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 5290
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2009 at 9:33am
You're the self-proclaimed Lindbaugh listener, would bet you've watched far more Beck than I.

Cliff notes? Cool clique? Obama youth? You corner the market on trite phraseology, dumbsh*t, as usual, so enhances one's ability to communicate. Don't trust yourself, mimic, trust me?

You're welcome for the springboard provided for you this AM.




Back to Top
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar
Active here since 2001

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 6284
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2009 at 10:18am
Originally posted by logic logic wrote:

You're the self-proclaimed Lindbaugh listener, would bet you've watched far more Beck than I.Cliff notes? Cool clique? Obama youth? You corner the market on trite phraseology, dumbsh*t, as usual, so enhances one's ability to communicate. Don't trust yourself, mimic, trust me?You're welcome for the springboard provided for you this AM.


And you accuse ME of drifting OT? "Have to know where the head is so you can kick its ass."

Just another day of cat-herding. Did you hear that AARP has
submitted their database to help implement the death panels?

T minus 22hrs until the islamo-hypno-facist harvests his army of accolytes.

Be extra nice to your grandkids today or they'll be signing you up.




Edited by watcher - 07/September/2009 at 10:19am
"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
Back to Top
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority


Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 5290
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2009 at 11:33am
Signing me up for what the army, AARP or the death panel? You know not of what you speak. Databases at the ready, you have been assigned a # maybe not yet a code or 2, 3........, they have codes for everything and people to think-up more codes, that's their job. 
Back to Top
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar
Active here since 2001

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 6284
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2009 at 11:49am
Originally posted by logic logic wrote:

Signing me up for what the army, AARP or the death panel? You know not of what you speak. Databases at the ready, you have been assigned a # maybe not yet a code or 2, 3........, they have codes for everything and people to think-up more codes, that's their job. 


Word of advice: Stay on your meds. The clear vision isn't.
"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
Back to Top
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority


Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 5290
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/September/2009 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by watcher watcher wrote:

Word of advice: Stay on your meds.
No meds yet, watcher, but can assure you, if and when, all will be duly coded. Wink
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 11>

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03
Copyright ©2001-2011 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.063 seconds.
A.Lange & Sohne Langematik Tourbillon Replica Watches ,and it must be a dream replica watches. Brand, style, visibility, features are absolutely assiduous, they not only added to their own sort of power in the rolex replica sale, and certainly can bear, "handed down" in the name. Now here is a fantastic choice for you, if you heard of Langematik Tourbillon rolex replica sale , this article will be much helpful to you. The function of a breitling replica sale is no longer confined to more of a symbol used to reflect personal taste. For men, the rolex replica uk is a symbol of their status; the contrary, a woman wearing a replica watches in addition to at the time, the greatest use is decorative, fashion Langematik Tourbillon breitling replica sale , elegance, style, simplicity, there is a pressing vulgarity temperament.