Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Main Discussion Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Chicago 16" Softball Hall of Fame

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barb Wire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/July/2009 at 11:02am
Originally posted by piehead piehead wrote:

Originally posted by Barb Wire Barb Wire wrote:

If you don't believe in Forestucky Park, why not conduct your own tooth to resident ratio analysis?  I think you might be surprised.

I'd be curious where it is you hang out as I have never seen this to be true. Do share.

Just hangin in the hood.  Someday when I have the time, I'll set up a photo-journey of the things I look at regularly that have shaped my impression of the area and it's inhabitants. Until then, this is getting off topic, which is going to draw the ire of watcher before long, so let's leave it be. 

My opinion remains that the monument is cheap, tacky and wasteful.
How's that Roos property working out for YOU?
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/July/2009 at 11:35am
I don't think it was built with any FP money. I think it was done through donations. People buying those bricks that are on the ground, raffles, donations, etc. It was basically unused park space.

And heck if it was designed by a bunch of 16" softball "guys" what type of monument were you expecting? The Bean in Grant Park?
Shar-Pei Guy View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shar-Pei Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2009 at 10:52am
The current monument was built using funds raised privately and as someone who lives near it I happen to think it looks nice.  I don't think it tacky or wasteful.  I do hope it will not be vandalized, but I am glad to see it progressing. 

I was walking one of my dogs with my ex the other night and we checked out the site after the displays had been lit and she commented that she wished Oak Park (she still lives in what was "our" house) had a park like ours.

Barb, I personally take great offense to the name Forestucky Park.  I have all my original teeth sans one which has been crowned.  I make a rather decent living and I am rather happy in FoPa.  I do wish I lived north of the Ike as I love to stroll downtown, but I am close to Station Park and within walking distance of the dog park (ok, only walking distance for my GSD as the Shar-PEis would pass out from exhaustion and never play there).

R.I.P. Dustin
dogcatcher View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2009 at 12:24pm

A 500,000 check was given to the Softball Hall of Fame to be used to create the new building. Thank you Shar..we had guests from oot who thought it was great and cannot wait to see it completed.

FOCUS !!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12