Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Education > Forest Park Garden Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

On the loose Chickens

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: On the loose Chickens
    Posted: 01/August/2009 at 11:14pm
FYI there are 2 VERy cute CHICKENS yes CHICKENS on the loose on the 200 block of Elgin one is black the other white they are lost and being tended to by the entire block. If anyone can help me catch them I have a friend who will keep them on his farm..it will not be long before a wild animal or a sick thug harm these little chickens.
FOCUS !!
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/August/2009 at 11:29pm
Chickens....what the heck. I wonder if some kids got them for easter and now they were "set free". Poor little things.
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/August/2009 at 11:58pm
Santeria.
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/August/2009 at 7:43am
Originally posted by logic logic wrote:

Santeria.

Let's hope not. Not sacrifices please.
dogcatcher View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/August/2009 at 10:13am
These are not your average chickes they look like designer chickens very small and beautiful feathers.
FOCUS !!
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/August/2009 at 10:38am
Originally posted by dogcatcher dogcatcher wrote:

These are not your average chickes they look like designer chickens very small and beautiful feathers.

Bet they're tasty too. Pecking and picking at the garbage of the area adds interesting flavors.

"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/August/2009 at 11:31am
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/August/2009 at 11:38am
Are chickens allowed in FP (you know, farm animals)?
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/August/2009 at 12:27pm
Lill, our across the street neighbor, now long-deceased, animal-lover, had a duck named Pasquale in the backyard, slept under the porch, basement in Winter. He was the 2nd duck she kept for many yrs. Used to play with her german shepard, chase the kids around the yard, pinch their legs with his beak, untie your shoes. No one ever complained but don't know if it was "legal". When my youngest was little, after we dropped the older kids off at school, we'd go to Lill's backyard, scrub-out Pasquale's kiddie pool, give him fresh water, lettuce, eat Lill's raspberries:) He should remember, ask him about Pasquale, the next time you see him, pie.
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/August/2009 at 1:07pm
I will logic. My other half would really love to keep a couple of chickens as yardbirds....for the eggs; not to eat.

Who knows what is legal any more?
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/August/2009 at 9:18pm
I lov ed Pasquale my oldest daughter so enjoyed playing down the block..we lived at XXXXXXXX at the time.

Edited by piehead; don't want street addresses given out please. Sorry dc

Edited by piehead - 02/August/2009 at 9:25pm
FOCUS !!
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/August/2009 at 9:08am
Originally posted by piehead piehead wrote:

My other half would really love to keep a couple of chickens as yardbirds....for the eggs; not to eat.

Who knows what is legal any more?
in oak park, they allow up to 2 fowl.
have a friend who ordered a dozen fertilized eggs, 4 hatched in the 'hatchery' in the living room, 1 died and now there are 3.
said they are too darling - she's getting absolutely nothing done, except playing w/the chicks.
in a while they will know the sex and will have to find a different home for any roosters :)
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/August/2009 at 9:25am
Well I heard that Animal Rescue in Oak Park has a couple of fancy chickens there. So if someone wanted to adopt them........
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/August/2009 at 9:34am
Originally posted by piehead piehead wrote:

Well I heard that Animal Rescue in Oak Park has a couple of fancy chickens there. So if someone wanted to adopt them........
go for it, martha. 2 eggs a day...oh, i forgot, you don't cook :)
arneharris View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arneharris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/August/2009 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by dogcatcher dogcatcher wrote:

I lov ed Pasquale my oldest daughter so enjoyed playing down the block..we lived at XXXXXXXX at the time.

Edited by piehead; don't want street addresses given out please. Sorry dc

447 Marengo Ave
"the sickly pale peach colored glare of the street light " - (streaming in backman's window...)
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/August/2009 at 9:15pm
The chickes on the 200 block of Elgin are still there I was told Dupage Animal control got them but apparently not. Hubby has a friend coming to take them to a farm.
FOCUS !!
 Post Reply Post Reply