Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Local Political Arena > Police , Fire, Village Departments
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mike Boyle Resigns. Now what?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/August/2009 at 9:07am
Originally posted by watcher watcher wrote:

Gilligan
love it! done.
FP Property Owner View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FP Property Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/August/2009 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by citizen citizen wrote:

Originally posted by piehead piehead wrote:

Originally posted by FP Property Owner FP Property Owner wrote:

Does Boyle's Resignation have anything to do with Marani's lawsuit against the village?

what/which suit?
What could Marani possibly be suing for?

FP owner, i think you need to provide info on the supposed lawsuit, or delete the allegation. thx.

2009-CH-26471 in the cook county circuit court.
FP Property Owner
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/August/2009 at 9:53pm
Case Activity

Activity Date: 7/31/2009      Participant: MARANI ROBERT
INJUNCTION COMPLAINT FILED (JURY DEMAND)

Court Fee:      559.00

Attorney:      HARTE WILLIAM J

Activity Date: 8/4/2009      Participant: MARANI ROBERT
CASE SET ON CASE MANAGEMENT CALL

Date:      1/12/2010
Court Time:      0930
Court Room:      2408

Judge:      FLYNN, PETER
Attorney:      HARTE WILLIAM J

On hold until January?

"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/August/2009 at 10:13pm
is the above CC description normal, w/no mention of the charge/issue?
what i have:

Case Information Summary for Case Number
2009-CH-26471
Filing Date: 7/31/2009                         Case Type: INJUNCTION     
Division: Chancery Division                         District: First Municipal     
Ad Damnum: $0.00                         Calendar: 04     
Party Information
Plaintiff(s)                                   Attorney(s)
MARANI ROBERT                                   HARTE WILLIAM J 111 W WASHINGTON ST

MARANI VENTURES LLC                                   

Date of Service                    Defendant(s)                                   Attorney(s)
BOYLE MICHAEL                                   
CALDERONE ANTHONY                                   
CURRY MICHAEL                                   
DEPT HEALTH SAFETY                                   
VILLAGE FOREST PARK                                   

Case Activity
Activity Date: 7/31/2009     Participant: MARANI ROBERT
INJUNCTION COMPLAINT FILED (JURY DEMAND) 
      Court Fee:     559.00
Attorney:     HARTE WILLIAM J
Activity Date: 8/4/2009     Participant: MARANI ROBERT
CASE SET ON CASE MANAGEMENT CALL 
Date:     1/12/2010
Court Time:     0930
Court Room:     2408
Judge:     FLYNN, PETER
Attorney:     HARTE WILLIAM J
videoguy View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote videoguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/August/2009 at 11:50pm
So the case got filed, and about a week later Boyle resigns. He might not have any liability if he resigns, and coupled with all the BS, he probably had enough. Probably why Calderone knows he needs Gillian. Anyone else wont kiss his butt all the time and would resign fast. Pitiful.
bcbandit View Drop Down
Mod Squad
Mod Squad
Muzzle Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcbandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/August/2009 at 9:16am
I'm going to be Short, This was said in a post,
"Curry said. "I'm concentrating on making the department even better than it was."
IF you want the Department Better, USE the 98 Codes before the Secret Change..

And Why did Boyle leave,. Well I got a few Thoughts,
1, Too many problems with the People,
2, He Found a Better job?
or 3, He did a Permit That will Screw most of us some how and took the money and Ran??

I Believe that he is trying to get away from FP and UP coming Suit's And Fed's.. That just my Thought.. BCB...
I'm Chevy Chase and It's Time for the news.
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/August/2009 at 9:18am
Originally posted by videoguy videoguy wrote:

So the case got filed, and about a week later Boyle resigns. He might not have any liability if he resigns, and coupled with all the BS, he probably had enough. Probably why Calderone knows he needs Gillian. Anyone else wont kiss his butt all the time and would resign fast. Pitiful.
i know you didn't mean it this way, but could not care less what calderone needs.
and let me register my utter skepticism that gilligan will stave off more suits against the village. it would be prudent to expect just the opposite.
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/August/2009 at 8:42am
jeesh. everytime you turn around there's another lawsuit against the villlage/calderone.

a stop work order for 2 years? w/all the architechs, engineers, consultants and attorneys involved, this couldn't have been worked out? what a mess.

and can i suggest the mayor and curry learn and use the phrase 'no comment' when you're stonewalling?
you sound like idiots saying you don't know anything about anything that you most certainly should know.

FP Property Owner View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FP Property Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2009 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by videoguy videoguy wrote:

Video Guy,

You hit the nail on the head. By Boyle Resigning the liability is either passed to Curry or Calderone for this situation. If this goes to court then with Curry or the Mayor will have to step up and take it. Should be interesting to see how it play;s out.

FP Property Owner
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/August/2009 at 10:11am
Originally posted by FP Property Owner FP Property Owner wrote:

You hit the nail on the head. By Boyle Resigning the liability is either passed to Curry or Calderone for this situation. If this goes to court then with Curry or the Mayor will have to step up and take it. Should be interesting to see how it play;s out.

You and me got a whole different idea about what's interesting.

"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/August/2009 at 10:47am
this is all sturino's fault! (you're welcome, tony :)
Sharon Daly View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharon Daly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/August/2009 at 10:13pm
well...
jo Ellyn Charlton (consultant) wrote the staff report for the 447 porch.
and she has a new employer: WBK Engineering (Wills Burke Kelsey LTD, St. Charles IL)

calderone likes consultants v employees, or so he said when dissing sturino/pitching 'common sense.'
why would that be? LOL

We the People...
bcbandit View Drop Down
Mod Squad
Mod Squad
Muzzle Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcbandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/August/2009 at 10:28am
Every time this Town Does something With Current People in Office, You Really have to wonder if it's Pre-Planed? It's helping someone somewhere some how...bcb... 
I'm Chevy Chase and It's Time for the news.
FP_citizen2 View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FP_citizen2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/August/2009 at 10:37am
Hello all,

Nice to meet all of you - I am new to the forums and have been a resident of FP with my wife for the last 2 years.

Here is the skinny on the Marani lawsuit, and I only have knowledge of it as I have been a victim of his deception.

Marani is basically suing the Village for a stop work order Boyle put in effect in October 2007. This was due to the fact that rooftop decks were constructed at the Tuscan Lofts with no submitted plans or permits obtained, and roof joists were cut in the process, creating a potential structural and safety problem, which is still in question. The Village has been extremely clear in what needed to be done for Marani to continue work, none of which was met.

Curiously, the Village claimed they knew nothing of the decks yet they had to sign off on final inspections.....there has been a lot of back handed and under the table shenanigans going on at the TL for the last 3 years....this just scratches the surface....
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FP_citizen2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/August/2009 at 10:43am
Also, Marani is claiming that it is the Village's fault that he is in financial ruin, that he hasn't been able to sell more units because of them, and that Boyle was acting maliciously....although Marani conveniently leaves out the fact that there are still a large number of code violations that exist (yet inspections were signed off by and COCs were issued by the Village) and that is the result of his actions that have gotten in his own mess.
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/August/2009 at 11:02am
I think FP is quite good at giving those final inspections without even setting foot on the property. I had one of those. But even after they sign off do they really have training to say it's okay anyways? Or do they just give it a eyeballing and see if they like it.

I think Marani is in financial ruin because he built a product that a lot of people didn't really want. When I looked at the models, I was amazed at the low grade workmanship and wasted space in those units. Everything looked half done to me. The floor plans were not to my liking.

citizen2 sorry you are now part of his mess. Does Marani always leave the music on all night long (I have driven by in the early morning and the music is blaring from the outdoor speakers)......must be lovely to listen to someone else's music all the time? Not!

Edited by piehead - 16/August/2009 at 11:05am
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/August/2009 at 11:13am
hi FPC2 :)
what you report makes sense but, of course, none of it makes any sense.
severed roof joists? ok'd inspections? stop work orders after the fact?

i sure feel sorry for the condo owners.
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/August/2009 at 11:16am
FPC2 - what's your take on the commercial condo, the pet store, getting a conditional use permit from boyle/bldg dept?
an animal business was clearly against your condo by-laws, as i understand the situation.
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FP_citizen2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/August/2009 at 8:12am

Pie, the music is often left on all night, but it is better than when there were live bands....that would sound like it was in our kitchen or even our bedroom (we our the end unit above the restaurant - interestingly, there was never a problem when La Piazza was here, including disgusting smells).

Citizen, what you mention in the order you mention it is exactly one of our biggest issues. What is the point of the inspection if they are going to be signed off on with existing code violations or illegal roof decks? (which certain inspectors did in fact know about as we saw them on the roof the day of our final inspection with our own inspector)....the other problem is that Marani signed an agreement at closing that all punch list items would be completed, which haven't been touched (we have 85. opthers have 100+) - granted, we definitely bear responsibility here as well, but this was our first "new home" purchase and to be honest, the realtor and Marani did one heck of a sales job.

And when I mentioned scratching the surface, Marani does some of the worst work I have seen - it is beyond shoddy, the materials used are a joke, we still have questions about the integrity of the roof, he never paid our taxes through closing which caused our mortgage to double....I could write a novel....

Citizen, I still am not sure how I feel about the pet store to be honest....

Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FP_citizen2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/August/2009 at 8:27am
Just to showcase some of the negligence and the "leaky roofs" that FPR keeps reporting (although it is pretty serious water damage in reality), the first couple of pics were taken in February 2008, were shared with the Village, and nothing was done. An independent structural engineer said that it was one of the worst roof jobs he has ever seen, and there was definite questions about the structural integrity of things. The second photos were taken in May 2009, which shows how much damage was caused by the roof not being addressed - and why should we, the homeowners, be suffering for this?

Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FP_citizen2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/August/2009 at 8:29am

From Feb 2008:

Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FP_citizen2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/August/2009 at 8:33am
From May 2009:

watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/August/2009 at 9:24am
Farbeit from me to praise Marani's craftsmanship or pure soul, but I can't question his attempts to move the pile forward.

His battles with village hall have been frequent, contentious and bi-polar. He seems to have been both reasonable and unreasonable at times, but so has the village for their part.

I can't explain Tuscan Lofts, but it seems like stop-work orders would make it hard to fix things in a timely manner.

piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/August/2009 at 9:29am
Ohhhhh citizen 2, that is just horrible. Is that paint or wallcovering that is peeling? Whatever, it has got to be a nightmare for you and the others. Is Marani even a qualified architect/contractor to do all the things he's done? or just a guy who's daddy has a lot of money to keep throwing on his mistakes? So what does he do all day when he's playing restauranteer with his 2 large dogs? Do they also get to wander the restaurant (can you say HEALTH CODE VIOLATION).

From your post: "he never paid our taxes through closing which caused our mortgage to double....I could write a novel...."

How is that even allowed to happen? Did you guys have a real estate attorney handle your closing?

Went to one of the "open houses" on a Sunday. When I walked into the hallway and the floor tiles were not even grouted and some weren't even glued down, I knew it was worse than I would have anticipated. How a realtor could sell that and sleep at night is beyond me.

citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/August/2009 at 9:33am
so, they just installed the shower head in the wrong place?  sorry :) assume dark humor works in your situation.

sounds like a catch 22. marani needs to finish/sell the rest of the condos to get $$ to fix the roof, etc. is that about right?

i'm no expert but homes need roofs, and the present standoff seems to be the worst option.
marani is not the only developer in deep financial trouble, and FP is not the only village dealing w/these issues.
who cares if marani and/or boyle are wankers.

can i assume there is no condo assn yet? have the owners talked to the mayor?
don't even want to think about your lenders/insurers.

watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/August/2009 at 9:51am

sounds like a catch 22. marani needs to finish/sell the rest of the condos to get $$ to fix the roof, etc. is that about right?

i'm no expert but homes need roofs, and the present standoff seems to be the worst option.
marani is not the only developer in deep financial trouble, and FP is not the only village dealing w/these issues.
who cares if marani and/or boyle are wankers.

can i assume there is no condo assn yet? have the owners talked to the mayor?
don't even want to think about your lenders/insurers.

Much worse than a catch-22 for the condo buyers, but consistent with the village strategy of beating some people into submission and burying them in red-tape while others enjoy the fast-tracking, permits in arrears nods and winks.

Not to mention the litigation.

logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/August/2009 at 9:59am
Does a stop work order preclude even a temporary fix to that leak? Do like the bathroom tile.
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/August/2009 at 10:01am
Originally posted by logic logic wrote:

Does a stop work order preclude even a temporary fix to that leak? Do like the bathroom tile.

Let's hope there's greenboard behind it and not regular sheet rock! Saw 2 big boards of greenboard sitting in the rain by the building this morning. Let's hope they don't install it after it's sat out all night
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/August/2009 at 10:09am
Originally posted by logic logic wrote:

Do like the bathroom tile.
love the paint color - sauna-ish :)
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FP_citizen2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/August/2009 at 10:11am
The stop work orders would definitely prevent work from being done, but we closed on Aug 31, 2007 and the agreement that was signed was for punch list items to be completed within 14 days (we offered 30) and the stop work order went into effect Oct. 19th - so almost a month and half to get things completed. One couple closed in February 2007 and still has 100+ items outstanding.....I am definitely aware that this is happening with many developers all over the place, but this specific developer only seems to pay for what he wants to pay for (i.e. the multiple versions of his restaurant and keeping said restaurant operating - you need $ for that) and some of the things that are outstanding are aesthetic issues, which we have even offered to take care of ourselves. Now it is just a matter or principle given all of the stuff that has gone on.

That is both the paint and the drywall that is peeling away....we did have a real estate attorney at closing, but since these are new construction, the taxes had not yet been calculated. Marani never filled out the paperwork correctly so the tax bill went right to our mortgage company and they paid the full taxes for the second installment for 07 taxes...this caused a huge escrow shortage which we have been paying off for the last year (the doubling of our mortgage)

citizen, I absolutely appreciate the dark humor, and wish it was as simple as the shower head in the wrong place! I'm not sure of his full financial situation, but I think he probably needs to sell some units to get $, although as I said he has to be paying for oysters and booze every night to be serving in his restaurant.....we are in the process of turning over everything for the assn, and we have talked to the mayor, curry, and multiple members of the Village going back to 2007 - there have been so many incidents here (from as simple as illegal parking of work trucks all the time blocking our exit door to my wife getting hit in the head by falling debris because an unlicensed/unskilled worker was dismantling a chimney on the roof without any permits and no warning signs were posted) that we have had to keep pushing the village. However, it only gets us so far....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>