Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Local Political Arena > Police , Fire, Village Departments
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mike Boyle Resigns. Now what?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/August/2009 at 9:41am
Originally posted by arneharris arneharris wrote:

Mr. Calderone - you read and post here, so why not make yourself accountable to the citizens?

Accountable but sad
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/August/2009 at 9:44am
heehee.
public comment is allowed at the very beginning of the council meeting, w/a 3 minute limit.
there will be an op to speak at the next council mtg, sept. 14, 7pm.

funny you should bring this up tho. at some point tellalian, asking for explanation and discussion, mentioned involving 'the audience.'
the mayor almost had a cow, and corrected that crazy notion.

citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/August/2009 at 9:48am

Originally posted by citizen citizen wrote:

tellalian, rather forcefully, asked for calderone and/or curry to explain why this 'at will' employee would receive. said it is bad precedent, said is looks like 'hush money.'
calderone and curry declined comment or discussion.

OR, Mr. Calderone - you read and post here, so why not make yourself accountable to the citizens?
give him a call. he'll be pleased to tell you how accountable he is, in a private conversation.
arneharris View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arneharris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/August/2009 at 10:59am

tellalian, rather forcefully, asked for calderone and/or curry to explain why this 'at will' employee would receive. said it is bad precedent, said is looks like 'hush money.'

OR, Mr. Calderone - you read and post here, so why not make yourself accountable to the citizens?
give him a call. he'll be pleased to tell you how accountable he is, in a private conversation.

As a non-resident I don't care enough to, yet if someone does they could surely disseminate his reasoning here and put this to rest. 
"the sickly pale peach colored glare of the street light " - (streaming in backman's window...)
FP_citizen2 View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FP_citizen2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/August/2009 at 11:01am
Confidentiality agreements don't mean much when you are subpoenaed....
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/August/2009 at 12:23pm

As a non-resident I don't care enough to, yet if someone does they could surely disseminate his reasoning here and put this to rest. 

ah, you're looking for 'reasoning.'
here's a clip of a recent discussion - not on this topic, but you'll get the gist.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6Lq771TVm4

Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arneharris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/August/2009 at 12:38pm

ah, you're looking for 'reasoning.'
here's a clip of a recent discussion - not on this topic, but you'll get the gist.

Well, technically Tellalian was, but I find it rather unsettling that MATC could not...

Not "did not," but "could not."
"the sickly pale peach colored glare of the street light " - (streaming in backman's window...)
Pokerdude View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokerdude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/August/2009 at 9:07am
Originally posted by piehead piehead wrote:

Evidently, the Boyle stuff is all top secret. Hush hush, confidentiality agreements to be signed. Secrets to be kept secret.

More BS in this village. It never stops at Forest Park Calderone country club does it.

No it never does and is only getting worse.
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/August/2009 at 9:17am
Originally posted by Pokerdude Pokerdude wrote:

No it never does and is only getting worse.

"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/October/2009 at 9:13am
Originally posted by Sharon Daly Sharon Daly wrote:

well...
jo Ellyn Charlton (consultant) wrote the staff report for the 447 porch.
and she has a new employer: WBK Engineering (Wills Burke Kelsey LTD, St. Charles IL)
btw, this week i received a $490 bill from the village for joellyn's work re: my porch. plus another $150 to 'apply' for zoning relief.
once i pay the village $640 for the privilege of rebuilding my side porch, i will be allowed to pay them for permits.

note that i was never billed for the freaking full year of zoning 'work' re: my parking pad.
good thing curry doesn't want to turn his bldg dept into a 'cash cow.'
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/October/2009 at 9:36am
Is WBK Engineering a side company of the other Burke that we pay tons of money to for all their wonderful oversight of our village hired contractors (you know the Home Depot crew that's building our road)?
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/October/2009 at 9:50am

Is WBK Engineering a side company of the other Burke that we pay tons of money to for all their wonderful oversight of our village hired contractors (you know the Home Depot crew that's building our road)?
don't know. they're municipal engineers.
seems like a bit of over-buy to write porch reports @ $140/hour.
billed:
1 hour for ZBA report
2 hours for VC report
1 hour for 'ordinance preparation'

citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/October/2009 at 9:56am
given the chaos we call our bldg dept, and that i didn't hire joellyn - where is the oversight to confirm this billing?
what, no half hours? why did the village report cost 2x the ZBA report - no cut/paste function?

don't you think the bldg dept should notifiy an owner when they hire consultants to do the normal tasks of the bldg dept, and the clock is ticking?

piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/October/2009 at 10:57am
I wonder what Hosty or Curry had to pay the village for their amendments? How much does a consultant charge to look over blueprints on yellow legal pad paper?
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arneharris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/October/2009 at 10:57am

don't you think the bldg dept should notifiy an owner when they hire consultants to do the normal tasks of the bldg dept, and the clock is ticking?

100% hell yeah they should.  They could be making sh!t up as the go along to soak you.
Insane.  And you were billed nothing for the same work on your pad? 

Do elected officials have to pay back the city for reverse engineering on their permitless projects?  Probably not.
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/October/2009 at 9:00am
if you talk to anyone who has tried, running our bldg dept is not doable by one person.
FP's zoning fetish pushes the whole dept beyond its capacity - we need both a bldg/safety head and a zoning head.
but the review reports that curry doesn't want to hire even one person to replace boyle.
something has got to give. we simply don't have the resources (or the will) to support all of it.

is this the answer? "In all sincerity, why shouldn't a property owner just build whatever they like and then purchase the requisite permits after the project is done?"

piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/October/2009 at 9:24am
Seems that with the way the building dept. is currently staffed, that would be the way to go. As long as what you're doing is within codes, no harm no foul.

Hey, that should be what's on the signs coming into FP.

Welcome to the Village of Forest Park......No Harm, No Foul
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/October/2009 at 10:00am

Hey, that should be what's on the signs coming into FP.

Welcome to the Village of Forest Park......No Harm, No Foul
and, it fits nicely w/our softball museum :)

seriously, isn't that the way FP used to be? live, let live, keep it safe.
and then tony (also a poopy head) got all hallucinatory visiony.
FP Property Owner View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FP Property Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/October/2009 at 10:06am

Hey, that should be what's on the signs coming into FP. Welcome to the Village of Forest Park......No Harm, No Foul

and, it fits nicely w/our softball museum :)

seriously, isn't that the way FP used to be? live, let live, keep it safe.

and then tony (also a poopy head) got all hallucinatory visiony.

I think the signs need to say Small Town Charm, Big Town Corruption!!!
FP Property Owner
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/October/2009 at 10:18am
Good one FP Prop Owner.
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/October/2009 at 10:46am
Originally posted by FP Property Owner FP Property Owner wrote:

I think the signs need to say Small Town Charm, Big Town Corruption!!!

Not sure corruption's the right word. Incompetence fits better.
On a cost/benefit scale, corruption would be cheaper.

"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/October/2009 at 12:55pm
in the marani story, the issue of condo inspections:

"To receive an occupancy permit for a condo within a multi-unit building in Forest Park, local inspectors are only interested in the condition of that specific condo, according to Bob Teets, interim director of the Department of Public Health and Safety.
That common areas such as hallways, the roof, stairs and other generally used portions of the building weren't complete is irrelevant to the issuance of an occupancy permit for a single unit within the building.

Curry, commissioner of the department, confirmed those are the standards that apply in Forest Park."

i sure need more clarification on this. when does the village inspect the common elements of a condo bldg?

the village does 5 inspections on new sfhome construction. 4 specific and 1 overall inspection before occupancy permits are issued.
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/October/2009 at 1:33pm
Something is wrong wrong wrong here. So the hallways can have mold hanging from the ceilings that are dripping water, but if the unit is okay, that's fine then? Wow, something is wrong, wrong, wrong.

*********For clarification the hallways I'm talking about are hypothetical hallways.********
FP_citizen2 View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FP_citizen2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/October/2009 at 9:16am
Well pie, your post was serendipitous - took this just last night, in our hallway - but these are new leaks so it's a-okay:

piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/October/2009 at 9:56am
I'm sorry FP2, I really am. I would be absolutely crazy by this time if this were happening to me. I truly would.

In your photo, is that wood at the corner of where the ceiling meets a red wall? Just partial? And the paint doesn't even go to the edge?   Looks like a mighty sag on that ceiling.
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/April/2010 at 4:44pm
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/April/2010 at 4:49pm
i love chief glinke! bet he doesn't touch zoning w/a 10'stick :)
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/April/2010 at 5:56pm

per the thread title: now what? this!

Glinke quoted: "It's been done before. Communities are looking for creative ways to do more with less."

Where's the less? The Journal has an article about River Forest's $12.8 million budget. Ours is more than twice that.

citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/April/2010 at 6:21pm
" The Journal has an article about River Forest's $12.8 million budget. Ours is more than twice that."
'
that is astounding!
perhaps move this to a different thread, cause i need to know more.
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/April/2010 at 9:15pm
don't you guys think you're weird for not commenting on this development? i do :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>