Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Local Political Arena > Police , Fire, Village Departments
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mike Boyle Resigns. Now what?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/April/2010 at 9:45pm
Who you guys? Me? Comment on what? Glinke? or our over inflated budget?
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/April/2010 at 6:38pm
glinke :)
c'mon!!! it's radical, unexpected, out-of-the-blue, possibly transformative.
i hope it indicates a signficant shift back to the basics of safety and maintenance. instead of that 10 year $inkhole into zoning fantasia.

and i hope he turns a firehose on any politician who tries to pervert the process.

FP Property Owner View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FP Property Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/June/2010 at 10:50pm
My guess as to why Glinke has taken the building department position for a lack luster 10K increase in salary is he plans to run for Mayor. Why else would one want to jump into the bag of worm filled building department? Publicity for fixing the towns building department woes is my guess. Once he has cleaned that up, His logical next step is village hall is my guess. Please let me know your thoughts on this issue.
FP Property Owner
backman View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/June/2010 at 7:01am
Good theory but Glinke does not live in FP, he moved out several years ago.

FYI, FP does not or should I say no longer has a residency requirement.
backman
dogcatcher View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/June/2010 at 8:35am
For cops and firemen but what about elected officials?
FOCUS !!
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/June/2010 at 10:23am
FP does not have a residency requirement for employees. The union won that one and I still do not believe that the policemen that don't live here in town care as much as if they were required to actually live in the town they are paid to protect. I know some believe otherwise, but no matter what anyone says, I don't think so.

Elected officials aren't employees and I believe they MUST live in town. Same for the committees (although for years we had a non-resident on the ZBA).
backman View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/June/2010 at 12:59pm
Two on the ZBA, Chuck Pelligrino and Bill McKenzie and two on the Plan Commission, Steve Bitter and Tim Condon.
backman
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FP Property Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/June/2010 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by backman backman wrote:

Two on the ZBA, Chuck Pelligrino and Bill McKenzie and two on the Plan Commission, Steve Bitter and Tim Condon.

Is that the Chuck Pelligrino who works for Prairie Title?  If so he and Marani are thick as thieves and Pelligrino has covered Roberts rear on title issues, notary issues and other closing issues many a times. 
FP Property Owner
backman View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/June/2010 at 1:31pm
No, I know "those" Pelligrinos too.

Chuck is now the FP Electrical Inspector, knows his stuff too. I have had the pleasure of working with him on a couple occasions.
backman
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/June/2010 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by FP Property Owner FP Property Owner wrote:

My guess as to why Glinke has taken the building department position for a lack luster 10K increase in salary is he plans to run for Mayor. Why else would one want to jump into the bag of worm filled building department? Publicity for fixing the towns building department woes is my guess. Once he has cleaned that up, His logical next step is village hall is my guess. Please let me know your thoughts on this issue.
actually, some folks believe in public service, and walk the talk. we'll see.

jon kubricht has an interesting comment up at the review:

he reiterates the fact that mike boyle and, at this point, steve glinke have worked for the 'public.'
otoh, mike curry and the mayor have fucked them over for their own sick/ private motivations.
if glinke can get dips**t politics and flatout incompetence out of the building dept, and he wants to run for mayor, i'd definitely consider voting for him.

Dunlop Man View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunlop Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/June/2010 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by citizen citizen wrote:

Originally posted by FP Property Owner FP Property Owner wrote:

actually, some folks believe in public service, and walk the talk. we'll see.
 jon kubricht has an interesting comment up at the review:

he reiterates the fact that mike boyle and, at this point, steve glinke have worked for the 'public.'
otoh, mike curry and the mayor have fucked them over for their own sick/ private motivations.
if glinke can get dips**t politics and flatout incompetence out of the building dept, and he wants to run for mayor, i'd definitely consider voting for him.

He lives in River Forest.
"I don't give them hell. I just tell the truth and they think it's hell." - Harry Truman
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/June/2010 at 10:56pm
yes. has it been stated, definitively, that there is a residency requirement for elected officials? or is it 'case-by-case' :)
not that I think he wants the position.
backman View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/June/2010 at 11:22pm

has it been stated, definitively, that there is a residency requirement for elected officials?

I cannot quote chapter & verse the laws for each jurisdiction country-wide but it is the bedrock of election law. One must live within the area/boundaries that they represent.

Hillary moved to New York to be Senator there and Alan Keyes moved to Illinois to run for the Senate here.
backman
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2010 at 7:03am
@backman
of course. I thought there was discussion above that FP had some wiggle room on the issue :) I misinterpreted the commission appts talk.
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2010 at 7:58am
finally read the review article carefully. does this mean the owners can begin to rebuild/recoup their lives?
is the worst over?
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2010 at 9:06am
I will certainly agree with this comment made by jon kubricht: "He says the building was "not up to code" and describes the village building department as "asleep at the wheel"

As a person who has been part of their 'inspection' process for a new structure, I would definitely have to agree! 110%
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FP Property Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2010 at 8:34pm

finally read the review article carefully. does this mean the owners can begin to rebuild/recoup their lives?
is the worst over?

The worst is over as long as the village and the bank that is taking over marani's parts fix the code and health and safety issues at hand. We will see if they step up and make good or throw the unit owners to the wolves.
FP Property Owner
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2010 at 8:50pm
Well I heard that Marani is leaving town for a while. Evidently, he's going to fix the mess in the Gulf. AKA heading out of town.
backman View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/June/2010 at 11:12pm
I saw him tonight. It appears he wised up and got rid of the big, black, gas guzzling Lincoln battleship in exchange for a Ford Edge (station wagon).

The sad part was, the back of it was filled with tools and ladders.
backman
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FP Property Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/June/2010 at 9:22am
Originally posted by backman backman wrote:

I saw him tonight. It appears he wised up and got rid of the big, black, gas guzzling Lincoln battleship in exchange for a Ford Edge (station wagon).

The sad part was, the back of it was filled with tools and ladders.
TongueLOLClap  Hey just for the record.  Marani didn't wise up or maybe he did to collect on an insurance claim. 

Supposedly his SUV was stolen by a kid who then totaled it in Oak Park, getting a DUI in the mix.  He is now being sued by the lady who was hit but doesn't have to make anymore car payments. 

Case Information Summary for Case Number
2010-L-064002

Filing Date: 1/28/2010 Case Type: PERSONAL INJURY(MOTOR VEHICLE)  
Division: Law Division District: Maybrook  
Ad Damnum: $100000.00 Calendar: L  

Party Information

Plaintiff(s) Attorney(s)
CARTER ARTHALIA MARTOCCIO JOHN F

15 N LINCOLN

HINSDALE IL, 60521

(630) 920-8855

Date of Service Defendant(s) Attorney(s)
4/8/2010 MARANI ROBERT J

Case Activity

Activity Date: 1/28/2010 Participant: CARTER ARTHALIA
PERSONAL INJURY (MOTOR VEHICLE) COMPLAINT FILED

Court Fee: 329.00
Ad Damnum Amount: 100000.00
Attorney: MARTOCCIO JOHN F

Activity Date: 2/23/2010 Participant: MARANI ROBERT J
SUMMONS RETURNED - N.S. REASON: NO CONTACT

Date: 2/22/2010
Court Fee: 60.00
Microfilm: LD000000000

Activity Date: 2/23/2010 Participant: CARTER ARTHALIA
CASE MANAGEMENT CALL NOTICE MAILED

Date: 5/26/2010
Court Time: 0930

Activity Date: 3/30/2010 Participant: CARTER ARTHALIA
ALIAS SUMMONS ISSUED

Court Fee: 6.00

Activity Date: 3/31/2010 Participant: CARTER ARTHALIA
AFFIDAVIT FILED

NOTICE OF MOTION FILED

Date: 4/8/2010

MOTION FILED

MOTION SPINDLED

Activity Date: 4/8/2010 Participant: CARTER ARTHALIA
APPOINT SPECIAL DEPUTY - ALLOWED -

Judge: INGRAM, CHEYRL D.
Microfilm: LD400010085

ISSUE ALIAS SUMMONS - ALLOWED -

CASE SET ON STATUS CALL

Date: 5/26/2010

Activity Date: 4/20/2010 Participant: MARANI ROBERT J
ALIAS SUMMONS - RETD P.S.

Activity Date: 4/20/2010 Participant: MARANI ROBERT J
ALIAS SUMMONS - RETD P.S.

Activity Date: 5/26/2010 Participant: CARTER ARTHALIA
CONTINUANCE

Date: 6/10/2010
Microfilm: LD400010135

Activity Date: 5/27/2010 Participant: CARTER ARTHALIA
NOTICE OF MOTION FILED

Attorney: POWERS EDWIN T JR

Activity Date: 5/27/2010 Participant: CARTER ARTHALIA
PROOF OF SERVICE FILED

Attorney: POWERS EDWIN T JR

Activity Date: 6/10/2010 Participant: CARTER ARTHALIA
DEFAULT - CONTINUED -

Date: 7/8/2010
Microfilm: LD400010148

FP Property Owner
bcbandit View Drop Down
Mod Squad
Mod Squad
Muzzle Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcbandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/November/2010 at 12:27am
First .. BUMP...

Second, Back to Marini or Who Ever is Trying to Sue the Village, Well some of the Village..

I Wonder if the Village will say, We know Nothing About Boyle and his Abuse of Power.. Talk to Boyle.. BCB...

I know Nuthing..

I'm Chevy Chase and It's Time for the news.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456