Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Main Discussion Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1000 Beloit no more

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/August/2009 at 3:10pm

was wondering how close the two buildings had been.

checked it out today. my thought was that the bldg left standing has just benefitted greatly. 
all those windows will now have light and trees to peek out at. a big breath of fresh air, yum. 

Barb Wire View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barb Wire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/August/2009 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Shar-Pei Guy Shar-Pei Guy wrote:

Originally posted by vorots vorots wrote:

Hey dumba**...the building has boards on the windows because they are knocking down another building less that 3 feet away. They don't want to break the windows.

Hey f***face, good point!

Hey you two f**************************s (sorry, couldn't help but jump on the bandwagon), I'm pretty sure these buildings were brick to brick against one another.  I bet the wood went up years ago when the now demolished structure was built.  (At least I understand they were built in that order).  Either way, I'm sure it will be a nice thing for the residents there to open those windows and see some greenery. 

Here's hoping the corner turns out nice. 
How's that Roos property working out for YOU?
Shar-Pei Guy View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shar-Pei Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/August/2009 at 3:50pm
I really did think the buildings butted up against each other and there was no gangway.

Edit: Looking at the aerial view from google maps, there is most definitely a gangway there. That would explain the boards. The Dumba** stands corrected.

Edited by Shar-Pei Guy - 21/August/2009 at 4:16pm
R.I.P. Dustin
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/August/2009 at 4:36pm
Okay, I'll set the record straight as one of my best friends used to live there. The two boarded windows (boarded for demo purposes only) got minimal light from a light shaft (bump in from the 1000 building). My friend could hear the nose clearing of the neighbor next to him. Also, the high class people there used to throw food out their windows into the pit below. Those 2 bedrooms will be flooded with light for the first time.
arneharris View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arneharris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/August/2009 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by Barb Wire Barb Wire wrote:

Originally posted by Shar-Pei Guy Shar-Pei Guy wrote:

Originally posted by vorots vorots wrote:

Hey dumba**...the building has boards on the windows because they are knocking down another building less that 3 feet away. They don't want to break the windows.

Hey f***face, good point!

Hey you two f**************************s (sorry, couldn't help but jump on the bandwagon),

I'm a f***face,
He's a f***face,
She's a f***face,
Wouldn't you like to be a f***face too?

Edited by arneharris - 21/August/2009 at 6:54pm
"the sickly pale peach colored glare of the street light " - (streaming in backman's window...)
Mr. Deeds View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Deeds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/August/2009 at 4:01pm
Does EVERYONE have Tourettes syndrome?
At%20a%20loss
Those who can make you believe absurdities have the power to make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire~
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/August/2009 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by administrator administrator wrote:

Does EVERYONE have Tourettes syndrome?
At%20a%20loss
what do you mean, ****head?
(i could have added an emoticon, but c'mon, this was a lay up. LOL)

Edited by citizen - 26/August/2009 at 7:06pm
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/August/2009 at 8:48pm
I work with someone with Tourettes. He never swears. He may break out a good yell every now and again but never swears.
Mr. Deeds View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Deeds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/August/2009 at 7:25pm
Poor guy. He is afflicted with the boring variety of Tourettes.
If I had it I'd want the full-blown swearing type. You Fothermuckers! Woo-Hoo!
Those who can make you believe absurdities have the power to make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire~
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/August/2009 at 8:17pm
It's really not fun for him. The shouting out embarrasses him. It's one of the first thing he tells people when he moves to a new office space.....warns those not familiar with it as otherwise it scares the hell out of you.

There used to be a guy I'd see on the el all the time. I think he had it. He used to blurt out threats about killing his wife and how he hated her. I never liked to sit near him. Freaked me out.
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/August/2009 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by piehead piehead wrote:

There used to be a guy I'd see on the el all the time. I think he had it. He used to blurt out threats about killing his wife and how he hated her. I never liked to sit near him. Freaked me out.
that was admin. remember how he lusted for a 'coach house?' to get 'away' from the wife and kids?
that really freaked me out. LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12