Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Main Discussion Board
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The Great Unraveling of 2009
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Great Unraveling of 2009

 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Message
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 11750
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/August/2009 at 10:07am
Originally posted by dogcatcher dogcatcher wrote:

Not crap ask Rory yourself.


I did and have received a response. As soon as I have his okay to post it here, I will. Bottom line, your story is incorrect DC. Whoever told it to you must have other motives.
Back to Top
rosie View Drop Down
Citizen
Citizen


Joined: 21/August/2008
Status: Offline
Points: 219
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/August/2009 at 10:15am
Pie, you are an awesome detective!
Back to Top
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 11750
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/August/2009 at 10:21am
Many folks who know me call me Mrs. Rockford.
Back to Top
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 11750
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/August/2009 at 11:39am
The email response I received from Rory after sending him a note about the Juneteenth celebration (this is what I sent to him: "Ok but we also have a Commisioner who not only uses our Park for political fundraisers, but then requests Black police officers ..reverse discrimination anyone? A cop is a cop why the demand for a particular color? If anyone white person demanded no Black cops be used Jesse and the coalition would be up our asses."). His answer to me is below; used with his okay.

"I never went to Chief Jim Ryan or anyone else in the Police Department
to request "Black cops" for the pool party. It would not be
appropriate. Jim assigned who he wanted to work the event. He assigned
Mike Fluker who is Black. Mike has also worked at the local high
school and is known to enjoy working with kids and mentoring. I had
been told that a rumor was spreading about who worked the pool party,
what cops got the overtime pay, and that police union considered
filing a grievance.

During the July 4th celebrations I asked Mike if he told any members
of the police department that I had specifically requested black cops.
He said "no". There was a witness to that discussion. Lastly, the 2009
Juneteenth Pool Party was not a political fundraiser. The Mayor never
asked me if it was a fundraiser, so I cannot speak to his motives in
making his comments.

In 2008 I did hold a fundraiser at the pool. I paid full price for the
rental. I held the fundraiser to retire debt from the 2007 campaign.
Prior to the event, I placed a call to the Attorney General's office
to make sure that I would not be in violation of any campaign finance
or ethics laws. I explained the facts as follows: 1) I am a Village
official, 2) Park District is a separate entity, 3) I was not given
any monetary discount. The AG's staff said there was no issue.

Larry Piekarz also consulted with Park District's attorney, and told
me that having a fundraiser (given the facts noted) would not violate
any ethic rules."



Edited by piehead - 27/August/2009 at 11:41am
Back to Top
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority


Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 5290
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/August/2009 at 11:43am
Thanks, pie. Why would the police union consider filing a grievance?
Back to Top
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 11750
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/August/2009 at 11:46am
You are asking a question I don't have the answer. rhoskins@forestpark.net might be able to assist.
Back to Top
Martini View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar
Avatar

Joined: 08/February/2008
Status: Offline
Points: 537
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/August/2009 at 11:50am
Logic, it was probably because people like DC were spreading the rumor that Hoskins has specifically demanded and gotten "black cops".  Frankly, I didn't believe that from the beginning because I think Hoskins is smart enough not to do that and because Ryan for all his faults is well aware that it would be a violation of union rules so even if asked he wouldn't comply.
 
It never ceases to amaze me how much racism and bigotry still exists in this town.
Back to Top
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 11750
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/August/2009 at 11:54am
It never ceases to amaze me the rumor spreading that goes on without any fact checking; unless DC, or someone else, is going to say that Rory is lying?
Back to Top
Martini View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar
Avatar

Joined: 08/February/2008
Status: Offline
Points: 537
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/August/2009 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by piehead piehead wrote:

It never ceases to amaze me the rumor spreading that goes on without any fact checking; unless DC, or someone else, is going to say that Rory is lying?
 
I'm sure she will.  After all, there are people out there looking at Barack Obama's birth certificate and saying he is not a natural born citizen.  You want to believe something enough, you will put aside all logic to believe it.
Back to Top
DancerMom View Drop Down
Resident
Resident
Avatar

Joined: 29/May/2009
Status: Offline
Points: 52
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DancerMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/August/2009 at 12:13pm

- Rory Rocks!  In all MY dealings with him, he is calm, levelheaded and listens before he speaks. 

Back to Top
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority


Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 5290
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/August/2009 at 12:16pm
DC keeps the joint jumpin':)
Back to Top
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar
Active here since 2001

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 6284
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/August/2009 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by logic logic wrote:

DC keeps the joint jumpin':)


to conclusions?

She's proven several times that her opinions are pay-stub dependent.
"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
Back to Top
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority


Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 5290
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/August/2009 at 12:20pm
Tar and feathers?
Back to Top
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 11750
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/August/2009 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by logic logic wrote:

Tar and feathers?

never!
Back to Top
dogcatcher View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 7377
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/August/2009 at 1:20pm
Im just saying more then 1 person said it..but whatever.
FOCUS !!
Back to Top
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 9659
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/August/2009 at 1:42pm
thanks, dr. watson, for pursuing the facts :)
thanks, rory, for taking the time to provide.  drop by anytime, and that invite is open to your four colleagues. no seagulling allowed, tho.
Back to Top
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 11750
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/August/2009 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by dogcatcher dogcatcher wrote:

Im just saying more then 1 person said it..but whatever.

And I'll just say, you told me to ask Rory, I did; he responded. And your response is "whatever"?
Back to Top
dogcatcher View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 7377
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/August/2009 at 1:52pm
You believe whatever you want, and I will believe whatever I want. Who knows who is lying nobody does. Rumors abound on here from everyone.
FOCUS !!
Back to Top
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 9659
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/August/2009 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by piehead piehead wrote:

Originally posted by dogcatcher dogcatcher wrote:

Im just saying more then 1 person said it..but whatever.

And I'll just say, you told me to ask Rory, I did; he responded. And your response is "whatever"?
warning: facts may cause disappointment :)
Back to Top
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 11750
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/August/2009 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by dogcatcher dogcatcher wrote:

You believe whatever you want, and I will believe whatever I want. Who knows who is lying nobody does.


Wow! A statement like that simply amazes me. And not in a good way.
Back to Top
Martini View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar
Avatar

Joined: 08/February/2008
Status: Offline
Points: 537
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/August/2009 at 3:19pm

Just goes to prove my theory that if people really want to believe something they will despite all proof to the contrary.

Back to Top
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 9659
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/August/2009 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by Martini Martini wrote:

I liked how Calderone started out.  Bringing in new businesses, revitalizing Madison Street as a viable downtown district. 
it's no fun being mayor when the town is broke.
and it's really, really no fun running an incumbent campaign with no accomplishments, to speak of, from the past term.
i think he's going to retire :)


Edited by citizen - 27/August/2009 at 5:09pm
Back to Top
Mr. Deeds View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 3656
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Deeds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/August/2009 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by citizen citizen wrote:

it's no fun being mayor when the town is broke.
and it's really, really no fun running an incumbent campaign with no accomplishments, to speak of, from the past term.
i think he's going to retire :)


We should only be so lucky.

There's plenty of time to go to work on discrediting Rory & Marty, so don't count your chickens.


Those who can make you believe absurdities have the power to make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire~
Back to Top
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 9659
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/August/2009 at 8:11pm
not gonna rely on luck :)
 
appears 'the franchise' has seriously misplayed their hand. heehee.
am reminded of the 'homes for parking' backlash. altho warned, these guys couldn't see it coming.
they were red-in-the-face fucking floored when 30 or so homeowners showed up at the VC meeting to tell them, um, how mistaken they were. torches and pitchforks were easily imagined.
ya screwed up, boys.
 
sure, we'll soon be reading about the mayor courageously saving a golden retriever that fell into the des plaines river, we'll have consultant reports to feed some fear/hope, many outliers will be appointed to committees so they can help 'save the town.'
we can be sure there will be many (self-created) crises only the present team can solve. yawn.
need a favor? 2010 is the year to ask.
 
and as you say, serious competition will be trashed. hell, they're trashing serious non-ex-competition. see:sturino.
 
lets keep our heads and follow the money :)
 
 
 


Edited by citizen - 27/August/2009 at 8:25pm
Back to Top
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 9659
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/September/2009 at 9:03am
well. have you seen the paper?
 
am thinking of the end of the VA vote video - the self-congratulatory backslapping.
'pyrrhic victory' seems about right.
Back to Top
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 11750
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/September/2009 at 9:08am
This statement makes me want to throw up: "Tim's proven dedication to Forest Park is what ultimately solidified my decision," Calderone said in a statement released after casting the deciding vote in a 3-2 decision. "This position will not be a stepping stone to boost his career. He wants only what is best for this town and its residents ...With Tim's knowledge of the history of this community, our form of government, our finances and local laws, we would be doing a disservice to our residents if we selected anyone but him."

Wow....according to this statement we should Rich Vitton be the new VA.

Aren't we all dedicated to this town? Don't we all wants what's best for this town?

Calderone's big disservice to "our residents" was picking someone that was not qualified. Geez, will this bs ever end? Probably not.
Back to Top
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 9659
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/September/2009 at 9:20am
not sure when Haley last wrote an op/ed piece in the review. might have been 2005/zoning series.
anyway, appears he thinks we are in deep trouble, and only we can fix:
 
"The era of change, of looking to the future, is over in Forest Park. Now it is about consolidating power, maintaining a status quo that is, yes, advanced from the Forest Park Calderone and Gillian inherited 15 years ago, but far short of the potential this town has.  But to let the possible benefits of a capable administrator be subsumed in a new era of insularity is a direction that voters should not allow.
The mayor is circling the wagons, calling in chits, strapping it on and hunkering down.

...That makes this a critical moment in Forest Park. If Calderone and his toadies - commissioners Mark Hosty and Mike Curry - get away with this, Forest Park will be stuck in time for the next decade."

http://www.forestparkreview.com/main.asp?SectionID=3&SubSectionID=3&ArticleID=4319&TM=36844.11


Edited by citizen - 02/September/2009 at 9:23am
Back to Top
Flanders View Drop Down
Tourist
Tourist


Joined: 02/April/2009
Location: Forest Park
Status: Offline
Points: 2
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flanders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/September/2009 at 9:23am
Originally posted by piehead piehead wrote:

Calderone's big disservice to "our residents" was picking someone that was not qualified.


Calderone's big diss to "our residents" was picking someone that was not qualified.


Back to Top
arneharris View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar
Avatar

Joined: 18/July/2008
Location: Admin Group
Status: Offline
Points: 1499
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arneharris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/September/2009 at 9:48am
Not qualified for what, exactly? 
"the sickly pale peach colored glare of the street light " - (streaming in backman's window...)
Back to Top
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 9659
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/September/2009 at 11:12am
this never occured to me. in fact have not heard one criticism in this vein.
"This position will not be a stepping stone to boost his career." calderone's statement after the VA vote.
what's tony thinking?
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03
Copyright ©2001-2011 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.046 seconds.
A.Lange & Sohne Langematik Tourbillon Replica Watches ,and it must be a dream replica watches. Brand, style, visibility, features are absolutely assiduous, they not only added to their own sort of power in the rolex replica sale, and certainly can bear, "handed down" in the name. Now here is a fantastic choice for you, if you heard of Langematik Tourbillon rolex replica sale , this article will be much helpful to you. The function of a breitling replica sale is no longer confined to more of a symbol used to reflect personal taste. For men, the rolex replica uk is a symbol of their status; the contrary, a woman wearing a replica watches in addition to at the time, the greatest use is decorative, fashion Langematik Tourbillon breitling replica sale , elegance, style, simplicity, there is a pressing vulgarity temperament.