Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Main Discussion Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Free gyros day, Sept. 1 - Event Date: 01/September/2009

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arneharris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/September/2009 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by dogcatcher dogcatcher wrote:

Poor Boys gyros a re very good..personally we always ask for the meat on the grill gives it just the right amount of crisp.

LOVE some crisp DC!

Edited by arneharris - 01/September/2009 at 2:23pm
"the sickly pale peach colored glare of the street light " - (streaming in backman's window...)
dogcatcher View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/September/2009 at 5:26pm
Went to get our free gyros..45-60 min wait the line was going down Roosevelt.  Will pay full price before I went that long.
FOCUS !!
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/September/2009 at 5:40pm
Just saw on another message board that at 12:30 today one place had a sign posted that said they were out of gyros. As I suspected. That's why I didn't waste my time to print one out. Sounds too much like the KFC fiasco.
arneharris View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arneharris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/September/2009 at 6:11pm
Hmm...the two places participating near my work didn't have long lines at all.

I will drive by P.B. on the way home - hopefully the lines will have died down and they won't be out of cones.  Not counting on it!
"the sickly pale peach colored glare of the street light " - (streaming in backman's window...)
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arneharris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/September/2009 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by dogcatcher dogcatcher wrote:

Went to get our free gyros..45-60 min wait the line was going down Roosevelt.  Will pay full price before I went that long.

heh.  Just drove by on my way home.  Big signs - "OUT OF GYROS"
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arneharris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2009 at 1:27am
Originally posted by piehead piehead wrote:

I love gyros but Sub Tender isn't on the list and they get my Gyros business.

Tried one today...   Clap

Nice!!!
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/September/2009 at 8:07am
Glad you liked it Arne. Others that I've sent there (that used to love Kings & Queens) liked it also. They go through a lot of cones of meat there!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12