Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Education > F O O D related discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where to get whole lobsters?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Citizen
Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where to get whole lobsters?
    Posted: 04/March/2010 at 5:58pm
Want to pick up 2 whole lobsters.....where would I get them local? Need them tomorrow.
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/March/2010 at 6:04pm
Not my favorite food. Here's some places from yelp.com

live lobsters

But I do like the drawn butter part
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/March/2010 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by PaulW PaulW wrote:

Want to pick up 2 whole lobsters.....where would I get them local? Need them tomorrow.

Supreme Lobster

West of Rt. 83 on North Av.
Open 9am- 6pm
630-834-3474
Do yourself a favor and get the 1.75 - 2# size.

There's a 10% off purchase over $50 coupon here
Even though it says expired they will honor it.

your 2 lobs won't make the $50, you'll find other great things including wines.

Edited by watcher - 04/March/2010 at 6:14pm
"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
PaulW View Drop Down
Citizen
Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/March/2010 at 6:20pm
Thanks.....guess I know what I'll be doing at lunch tomorrow.....need the bodies to make some stock for some lobster risotto I'm making on Saturday night.
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/March/2010 at 7:04pm

Thanks.....guess I know what I'll be doing at lunch tomorrow.....need the bodies to make some stock for some lobster risotto I'm making on Saturday night.

You won't beat the quality at Supreme. If you've never been there, you'll be amazed and happy with the available selections both fresh and frozen.

I expect a review.

If you don't mind, (or even if you do?) I'll be moving this thread to the FOOD related discussion area under Education.

"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
John View Drop Down
Nomad
Nomad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2010 at 8:45am
Doc Ryans, but you have to have a steady hand to win.
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2010 at 11:05am
Originally posted by John John wrote:

Doc Ryans, but you have to have a steady hand to win.

They were pulled out of there.

lobster game GONE
PaulW View Drop Down
Citizen
Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2010 at 4:21pm
They were staring at me when I was fighting with them to get into the bath water!

watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2010 at 5:24pm

They were staring at me when I was fighting with them to get into the bath water!

Both are definitely fighters. Look at those splayed tails!

Well Done Sir.

dogcatcher View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2010 at 5:56pm
Where did you end up getting them ?
FOCUS !!
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/March/2010 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by watcher watcher wrote:

Both are definitely fighters. Look at those splayed tails!

Yep, they were probably just minding their own business up in Maine and then boom, there they are stuck in a trap; put on a plane and shipped to Chicago. I always feel a bit sad
 Post Reply Post Reply