Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Main Discussion Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Byron's

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Byron's
    Posted: 07/June/2010 at 1:09pm
Heard over the weekend Byron's may be closing. Has anyone else heard anything?
backman
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/June/2010 at 1:42pm
I have not but I wouldn't be that surprised. The rent has to be fairly high in that building and I've never been there when there are more than us and maybe 2 other folks. Too bad.
Truthseeker View Drop Down
Nomad
Nomad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Truthseeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/June/2010 at 3:37pm

I saw a sign stating June 6th was their last day.  I went there a couple times, but there was never a crowd...to bad another biz went out.

blog "In some cases after you investigate it is not always true that someone was unjustly served - it is about perception it is about opinion" -The Mayor
backman View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/June/2010 at 3:54pm
Bummer. I liked their fries. I love Parkie's fries, but they don't love me back anymore.
backman
dogcatcher View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/June/2010 at 4:02pm
Good dogs at byrons..but no competition for Parkys fries and dogs or Sub tenders bg fries..and bByrons pizza sucked. Still sad to see them go another sign of the bad economy.
FOCUS !!
Django View Drop Down
Nomad
Nomad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Django Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/June/2010 at 12:08pm
Thanks for the tip on Parky's. I don't even know the last time I went there. It's been years. My wife and I will miss Byrons though.
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/June/2010 at 12:26pm
Parky's dogs are horrible. I have no idea what type of meat is in them....

Now their fries on the other hand.....good and greasy.
harp10 View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harp10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/June/2010 at 5:07pm
IMHO, the trick to a good Parky's fry, is to ask for them slightly well done (they will actually get crispy), and you have to ask them to not close the bag. The steam from the closed bag makes them a congealed mass of yucky. If they are allowed to cool off some, they stay crispy and cause much less tummy issues!
Dunlop Man View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunlop Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/June/2010 at 5:18pm
You speak great wisdom, Harp 10.
"I don't give them hell. I just tell the truth and they think it's hell." - Harry Truman
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/June/2010 at 6:16pm
Yep, you definitely do not want to close the bag! Kind of like putting pizza in a foam box for leftovers....bleech!

We have asked them not to shake off all the grease; you know clear bag when you get home :)
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/June/2010 at 6:23pm
i'm getting queasy :)
arneharris View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arneharris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/June/2010 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by piehead piehead wrote:

Parky's dogs are horrible. I have no idea what type of meat is in them....

LOL!!!  I agree!   Never understood the love for them in either location (remember Berwyn had one on Roosevelt till about '04).   

I like a good Vienna that SNAPS when you bite into it.  I do like their fries - good tip from harp10.  
"the sickly pale peach colored glare of the street light " - (streaming in backman's window...)
JM303 View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JM303 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/September/2010 at 10:17pm
How's that new McDonald's?Question
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/September/2010 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by JM303 JM303 wrote:

How's that new McDonald's?Question
large grande.
they would get my business if they served breakfast til at least noon. i think they're commies.
harp10 View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harp10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/September/2010 at 5:46am

Don't get me started on the new McD's. There's about 50 people who work on any given shift, and they still (suck) are terrible. We were there the day after they opened and it was a joke. EVERY garbage can inside was filled to past overflowing - we watched one poor employee take more than 15 minutes to figure out how to change a garbage bag Shocked. Our fries were salted past the point of no return, even though I asked for no salt. It is a shame that the owners spent all that $$$$ and were nowhere to be found during the first few days of operation. I worked there when I was 16 and we would have never gotten away with this stuff. It's a shame.    RANT OVER!

piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/September/2010 at 9:03am
Harp, that's the problem at many many McDonald's. There's one across from where I work downtown and the service is marginal at best (I only frequent in the morning when I need a coffee fix). The only day there were exceptional was when corporate was there. Then they were all smiles and actually spoke English. It so irritated me that I mentioned it to the corporate types that were standing around. I also told them that if they are going to offer a LARGE cup for iced coffee they need to step up and offer a longer straw, like every other place!
jujube50 View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujube50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/September/2010 at 2:06pm
laughing my a...off
Gall town smarm
jujube50 View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujube50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/September/2010 at 2:07pm
(to Citizen's commie remark)
Gall town smarm
 Post Reply Post Reply