Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Local Political Arena > Police , Fire, Village Departments
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Heroin market on West Side busted

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Omnipotent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heroin market on West Side busted
    Posted: 13/August/2010 at 1:59pm
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-drug-charges-0813-20100812,0,4357486.story

29 people charged in $10,000-a-day operation

A $10,000-a-day heroin market on Chicago's West Side has been smashed, and charges have been filed against 29 people, federal and state authorities said Thursday.

Suspected members of and suppliers to the New Breeds street gang were charged Thursday, most of them in a 230-page federal complaint. Twenty have been arrested.

Among those still at large is the gang's reputed leader, Dana Bostic of Aurora, officials said.

Among the drugs and weapons seized in the investigation, which began in October, were almost 17 pounds of heroin found two weeks ago hidden in a drive shaft carried in the back of a Jeep Cherokee that was the subject of a routine traffic stop, officials said.

Authorities took the Jeep to a Chicago police station where a drug-sniffing dog led police to the stash.

Earlier this year, authorities also seized nearly $250,000 belonging to the same person driving the Jeep. The cash was found packaged in 23 floating bundles in the gas tank of a pickup truck.

Search warrants were executed in Chicago, Aurora, Cicero, Forest Park and Hillside. The defendants were charged under federal and state laws.

In all, nearly $350,000 in cash, 18 guns and uncut heroin worth about $1.2 million were seized. Chicago Police Superintendent Jody Weis said the heroin could be diluted and sold for 10 times that amount on the street.

Authorities said the defendants sold on street corners and in stores and buildings in a 12-square-block area centering on CTA stops in the West Garfield Park neighborhood, bounded by Kostner Avenue on the east, Pulaski Road on the west, Jackson Boulevard on the north and Congress Parkway on the south.

The drug ring took in as much as $10,000 a day from selling "dime bags" — sold for $10 — of heroin, authorities said.

The New Breeds street gang originated in the late 1980s and early 1990s as a splinter group from the Black Gangsters, one of three factions of the original Black Gangster Disciples, according to the charging documents.

piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2010 at 2:58pm
Gang info

New Breeds
Katie View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2010 at 5:40pm
Katie View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2010 at 5:51pm
http://wednesdayjournalonline.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=1&ArticleID=18223

Here's the story from the Wed Journal with a little more local info.
Katie View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2010 at 7:02pm
FYI, a little investigation shows that the home where these 2 "upstanding citizens" live is receiving a homeowners exemption in the name of a woman who died in 2005. Looks like the title is being held in trust now, but was transferred 2 years before she died. Looks like we may have some out of town, inattentive landlords here who are also taking an exemption to which they may not be entitled.

Just sayin'.
Dunlop Man View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunlop Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2010 at 8:45pm
Topic: Heroin market on West Side busted
    Posted: Today at 1:59pm

Or, posted yesterday, the day it actually happened, by the competition:

Feds bust Oak Park, Forest Park heroin dealers

And coincidentally, also Thursday:

The local and not-so-local faces of heroin

Junkie Bill: The worst mistake ever

The nexus of heroin addiction and crime

New faces of heroin abuse: young, white, and female

RELATED PDF
• Youth and heroin graphic
"I don't give them hell. I just tell the truth and they think it's hell." - Harry Truman
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2010 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by Katie Katie wrote:

FYI, a little investigation shows that the home where these 2 "upstanding citizens" live is receiving a homeowners exemption in the name of a woman who died in 2005. Looks like the title is being held in trust now, but was transferred 2 years before she died. Looks like we may have some out of town, inattentive landlords here who are also taking an exemption to which they may not be entitled.Just sayin'.

Katie, do you have any idea how many upstanding citizens are taking double or triple homeowners exemptions, in Forest Park alone? It would probably sicken you to know the numbers; and I don't know the numbers. There are many many that do it.
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/August/2010 at 10:14pm

that's some fine reporting; very useful, illustrative.

as i started clicking, was thinking of the recent OPRF(HS) report and williams, but heroin is not that connect, thank god. all i remember is 'it's so good, don't even try it once.'

so, what are y'all upset with, specifically? what do you want to happen?

bcbandit View Drop Down
Mod Squad
Mod Squad
Muzzle Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcbandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/August/2010 at 3:00am
If any of these Sellers are from Cicero and Maypole, I Think I got Another Heavy Charge for the Arrest, It goes with one of the sellers, I would have to ask for the Cell # and his name Again.

But Anytime someone Takes A drug form someone on the Street that Causes a death.. The State usually like's to add that Charge..  BCB..
I'm Chevy Chase and It's Time for the news.
bcbandit View Drop Down
Mod Squad
Mod Squad
Muzzle Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcbandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/August/2010 at 3:13am
I Just read, Filmore and Kilpatrick, Yep, right Area , BG/New Breeds.. Hmmm.. BCB...
I'm Chevy Chase and It's Time for the news.
 Post Reply Post Reply