Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Education > Home Repair and Improvement
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hardwood Floor Repair & Resurface?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Citizen
Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hardwood Floor Repair & Resurface?
    Posted: 25/August/2010 at 8:23am
Anybody have a good recommendation? I need a bunch of boards replaced ASAP and then the floor needs to be sanded/refinished in another month or two when I'm done.

I had a great guy before, but have not gotten a call back, had another guy that said he would come by twice now, but I've elected to move on from him.
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/August/2010 at 8:42am
I've used Blazis Floors (and a few of my friends did after me as well). Although since I used them the old man died and I believe the son has taken over. He replaced boards in my house where the past owner's dogs had destroyed them with pee! He also installed a hardwood floor in my kitchen. Always did nice work. I believe they advertise in the Review.

If you want to see his work, pm me and you can stop by some evening.
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/August/2010 at 11:00am
i've got two really good recommendations, but i'm not going to post them until this thread is entered under Home Improvement :)
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/August/2010 at 5:57pm
(note to other admins: when you move an active topic you have to bump it back to visible)

Awright now citizen... spill!

I've heard that Blazi's is good. But that's been years.
"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/August/2010 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by watcher watcher wrote:

(note to other admins: when you move an active topic you have to bump it back to visible)

Sorry, didn't know
harp10 View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harp10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/August/2010 at 8:46am
I use Tom Barnes from Renaissance (sp) Floors 708-257-4001. He is reasonably priced and we have always been happy with his work. I will also show you his work Paul.

Edited by harp10 - 26/August/2010 at 8:50am
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/August/2010 at 9:30am
Arild (A&K Floor) - 708.848.3606
Greg (ForeverWood) - 773.818.2546

both are fair, dependable and talented - i've referred both tons of times.
PaulW View Drop Down
Citizen
Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/August/2010 at 10:17am
Thanks, I ended up finally having one guy call me back, Celebrity Floor Sanding. The guy looks like Eddie Van Halen but shorter. He's coming over this weekend to do the floor board replacement, then he will come back at the end of the project to sand/finish.
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26/August/2010 at 10:27am
PaulW, maybe that's why they call it "Celebrity"
 Post Reply Post Reply