Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Quality of Life Issues
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We Are FoPa Forums- A primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: We Are FoPa Forums- A primer
    Posted: 24/February/2011 at 4:25pm
Administrator has made 40 posts over the past YEAR. (search for yourself if you don't believe) All of which were participatory rather than Admin related.
His attentions have obviously been elsewhere. His relationship with -anyone- has absolutely nothing to do with these forums.
I've assembled a sampling of topics that I feel represent what these forums are all about. Your mileage may vary. You may have your own favorites. Find them, link them. (There's a "literature" topic in this section that's very cool too)
It's hardly inclusive or exclusive. The Roos Building topic runs to 15 pages and includes comments from many, many members with differing points of view.
It's the grand-daddy of all topics here.
There are ebbs and flows in activity here and the ebbs are often filled with chatter, idle conversations about this and that or a member's pet-peeves.
Sort of like everyday life in the meat-world. People will say all manner of things about this place, its "anonymity" and the occasional or regular
visitor, but I consider it to be a very good representation of our democracy. So the question shouldn't be why would anyone join and participate, it should be
why anyone, but particularly our ELECTED representatives NOT.

Not a "top" ten just a ten slice set.

Matter or Anti-matter
Transparency
Commission Form?
Last Summer's Storms/Flooding
Proposed Low income housing
Great Unraveling of 2009
Real Estate
CUinFP
Roos Building
Why are we here?

LIS, a small smattering. Defending this place is an honor. No other place like it in town. If it doesn't represent your POV that's only because you haven't added your POV. I can't be the only one who sees the hypocrisy in attacks of this place's hidden agendas?
In the decade plus that this place has been around, it has evolved. Ebbs and flows. Deal with it or not, your choice. The welcome mat remains.

"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/February/2011 at 7:17pm
it's gonna be fun watching 'various parties' speak to how well read and influential FPF is; therefore this very important issue must be, oh, exposed, resolved, stanced upon.
"of course,  i never read that trash (that attempts to divide our great village) but some of my more vulnerable friends do. and they tell me about it. and citizen says 'fuck.'"  Violin
heehee. ready the popcorn.

watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/March/2011 at 9:58am
"Furthermore, you have also shown your partiality with several postings you have made on the despicable website (Forest Park Forums) that has become a trash container for chronic complainers."

Lion and the Lamb

Takes two to tango big guy.

Originally posted by Mayor Calderone Mayor Calderone wrote:

The purpose of this historic information is to gain a true picture of where we have been and where we are currently. There has been a significant amount of discussion about reserves and deficit spending, and of course laying blame on who is responsible.

When I get these posted I hope to offer some commentary and we can continue the discussion.(Discussion of Village Finances April 1, 2007)

I am a believer in thinking outside the box, however the more provocative question (s) is;

1. What is the urgency in achieving 100% funding ?

2. Can each of the pension boards perform better in the market ?

April Fools!
"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
Mr. Deeds View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Deeds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/March/2011 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by watcher watcher wrote:

Administrator has made 40 posts over the past YEAR. (search for yourself if you don't believe) All of which were participatory rather than Admin related.
His attentions have obviously been elsewhere. His relationship with -anyone- has absolutely nothing to do with these forums.

I may not agree with your opinion, but I'll fight to the death for your right to say it.

I've found that the number of parking tickets we get is directly proportional to my number of posts, so I make an effort to keep them to a minimum. Or would you prefer that I just respond to everything with LOL, LMFAO, ROTFL, and that sort of stuff???

And as for my relationship with -anyone-, I don't even know her. I swear. Who told you we were in a relationship?

Taunt
Those who can make you believe absurdities have the power to make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire~
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/March/2011 at 8:00am
good morning, y'all.
seems like a fine day - a bit of sunshine, mid-40s, spring ready to sprout. just a good feeling day and all feels right w/the world.
bless you crazy middle-of-the-night coots. LOL
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/March/2011 at 8:42am
Originally posted by citizen citizen wrote:

good morning, y'all.
seems like a fine day - a bit of sunshine, mid-40s, spring ready to sprout. just a good feeling day and all feels right w/the world.

bless you crazy middle-of-the-night coots.

Virtual negotiations for a virtual world.

citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/March/2011 at 9:39am

this past week makes a great story, ya know; the stuff (sub-urban) legends are made of.

so, where does this piece of history land in this original FPF?
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/March/2011 at 11:47am
Originally posted by citizen citizen wrote:

this past week makes a great story, ya know; the stuff (sub-urban) legends are made of.

so, where does this piece of history land in this original FPF?

obscure reference: (for extra points)
"Hello Lucille? You and me got an altogether different idea about a real good time."

and a softball:
“May your laughs always be loud, may your nights all be long, may your ideas always seem strange, and above all, may you never fit in.”

After all: We all live in a Yellow Subroutine.

Where does this piece land?
Butter-side down.

Dunlop Man View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunlop Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/March/2011 at 8:42pm
Nobody whines like poor little Tony when he's feeling put upon. 
"I don't give them hell. I just tell the truth and they think it's hell." - Harry Truman
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/March/2011 at 9:56pm
A hothouse flower is flower that isn't hardy enough to grow under natural conditions. It has to be pampered and grown in a greenhouse or hothouse.

In regard to people it's used to describe someone who needs pampering or special conditions.

It doesn't exclusively mean high maintenance, but, needing special circumstances on some level to flourish, grow, be happy, or stable.

Post Reply Post Reply