Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Media Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Sports page is now Media Discussion

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Sports page is now Media Discussion
    Posted: 09/April/2011 at 12:18pm
A clean little litter box where topics about the Review, Post and other media coverage will migrate.

Feel free to Start a NEW topic to discuss your specific ideas, insights, thoughts, complaints, praise, indifference.

IOW, another repository for citizen's random posts. <g>
"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/April/2011 at 12:54pm
oh yes, i'm such an anomoly here, in the land of the disciplined. right little soldiers, you've gathered. <g> 
fuck you very much and have a lovely day.

Edited by citizen - 09/April/2011 at 12:55pm
Finch View Drop Down
Seagull
Seagull
spook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/April/2011 at 9:55pm
Jeez Citizen, you let them get to you way too easily. I was barely home from church when I saw this post. Never get that angry on a Sunday, not worth it. Get pissed on Monday when most of the people are pissed off anyway, at least you'll be in good company!
"Resentment is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die."
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/April/2011 at 10:24pm

that, and i spelled anomaly wrong.

but my birthday party was quite grand, my kids are outrageously wonderful and how 'bout that weather! so i got that goin' for me.
arneharris View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arneharris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/April/2011 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by Finch Finch wrote:

Jeez Citizen, you let them get to you way too easily. I was barely home from church when I saw this post. Never get that angry on a Sunday, not worth it.

What about Saturday?  

(hope the priest was easy on you Finch, lol)
"the sickly pale peach colored glare of the street light " - (streaming in backman's window...)
Finch View Drop Down
Seagull
Seagull
spook

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Finch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/April/2011 at 10:43pm
Sarcasm Arnie...but yeah, my confession sessions are a bit long...I just go in there and tell the priest, "you first"...it takes forever!
"Resentment is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die."
dogcatcher View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/April/2011 at 10:47pm
Clap Now that was funny !!!!
FOCUS !!
arneharris View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arneharris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/April/2011 at 10:48pm
lol!
"the sickly pale peach colored glare of the street light " - (streaming in backman's window...)
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/April/2011 at 9:58am

for starters.

1) The Post:
interestingly, the post was not a player this election, tho the publisher was - facebook and other things.
2) FPF:
served mainly to help drive/frame the debate, quite successfully i believe.
solid investigative reporting was offered and used. h/t to dunlop, and others.
3) FPHC:
certainly, FP has seen nothing like it before - a mini-documentary on the major failures/follies of the past four years.
i'd really like to hear your thoughts on this masterpiece of hard work, especially from a media effectiveness pov and the many moving parts: the content, the format, their website, the newspaper ads, the tie-ins w/FPF.
4) the Review:
complex. i'll need to go thru the past few months and refresh my brain.

plea to gulls: can you hold onto your droppings until we get some informed basics posted? thanks in advance.

watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/April/2011 at 9:54am
Originally posted by citizen citizen wrote:

for starters.

1) The Post:

interestingly, the post was not a player this election, tho the publisher was - facebook and other things.

2) FPF:

served mainly to help drive/frame the debate, quite successfully i believe.

solid investigative reporting was offered and used. h/t to dunlop, and others.

3) FPHC:

certainly, FP has seen nothing like it before - a mini-documentary on the major failures/follies of the past four years.

i'd really like to hear your thoughts on this masterpiece of hard work, especially from a media effectiveness pov and the many moving parts: the content, the format, their website, the newspaper ads, the tie-ins w/FPF.

4) the Review:

complex. i'll need to go thru the past few months and refresh my brain.

plea to gulls: can you hold onto your droppings until we get some informed basics posted? thanks in advance.

I would dearly appreciate if you'd start new topics every once in a while. Something with a clear TOPIC heading?

FREX: When you begin a post with "For starters" with a list, that probably should NOT be dumped into a topic announcing the name change for this forum.

Call me a sausage, but I don't see that as helpful.

"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/April/2011 at 2:47pm
hmm.
remember you started a new thread w/similar questions and then it disappeared and then i asked where it went and then this new thread appeared?
iow, i thought i was following directions. LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply