Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Education > F O O D related discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

M Hermanns

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: M Hermanns
    Posted: 14/April/2011 at 4:32pm
Heard from friends that the food is very very good..cannot wait to see for ourselves !!!
FOCUS !!
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14/April/2011 at 7:12pm
I saw a sign that it was open. I'm surprised the village newsletter didn't mention it.
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/April/2011 at 10:01am
Went here last night. Seems like a nice place; we ended up leaving though. They didn't have either of the beers that other half and I like for one thing (and it was Friday night after all). Their menu is also very meatcentric and I am not a big beef eater. Burgers, steaks are the main menu items. They did have some high fat Italian entrees (Chicken Parm, Lasagne) and one salmon dish.

Other half had a $3.50 Miller Lite (not his favorite), we paid/left a tip and went into Berwyn for dinner instead.

We'll try them again when they add more beer choices (and a tap offering); perhaps add some things to their menu too. The staff was very nice and understood when we left.

Prices seemed high (for us). $7 for a burger; steak fries $5. So it would be $12 for a burger with potato.

Nice atmosphere; quite a change from Stormy Monday days or Randolph Street Depot!

If someone eats there, please give us a review.

Edited by piehead - 16/April/2011 at 2:22pm
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/April/2011 at 10:04pm
"We'll try them again when they add more beer choices (and a tap offering)" via piehead.
well! i dont understand why you can get away w/beer hoity toity but when it comes to wine...LOL

ate there tonight.
funny thing, it is decorated very simply w/an outstanding and lovely deco bar and funky fruit crate light fixtures - but everyone loved it.  new times? thank god.

yes, meat centric. the special tonight was 24 oz ribeye w/bone in.
i informed our server i was the delicate sort and 24 oz could serve a village :)
salads were snapping fresh.
fr. onion soup - i thought too sweet (brandy?) but other person thought it was wonderful.
fettucine alfredo seemed to be missing the parmesan and garlic. but nice al dente.

we have high hopes for it's evolution - a very comfortable place.

itsme View Drop Down
Citizen
Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itsme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/April/2011 at 11:24pm
Why haven't I heard of this place?  Where is it?

dogcatcher View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/April/2011 at 12:20am
Desplaines and Randolph across from Sub Tender.
FOCUS !!
PaulW View Drop Down
Citizen
Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/May/2011 at 8:27am

Ate there last night, it was pretty good. My wife and I split a wedge salad, plus the prime rib which was on special for $16 (not normally on the menu). We had 3 glasses of wine, one entree, upgraded for $2 to the wedge salad and a side of spinach. Total was something like $45 before tip.

Considering I like to cook a lot, I'm don't really like to spend a lot of money on dinner unless I'm on my expense account. It was good, I would recommend that others try it. The staff was great.

Omnipotent View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Omnipotent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2011 at 2:02pm

I was very happy to find this restaurant on www.restaurant.com.

They have a $25.00 gift certificate for $10.00

I entered the code "MAY" and received an extra 80% off my entire purchase from restaurant.com.

I look forward to trying this place out.

(They also had a certificate for Molly Malone's and Harrison Street Café)

Edited by Omnipotent - 16/May/2011 at 2:02pm
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18/June/2011 at 8:42pm
Went tonight for our 23rd anniversary...ordered ribeye med rare got it very well done...sent it back and OMG was it good !!!! Hubby got some sort of lasagna he said was really good. We had drinks which we never do. Our bill was like 60 bucks. We will go back had a great time and a really good meal.
FOCUS !!
arneharris View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arneharris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/July/2011 at 6:03pm
it's gone.  that was quick.
Anyone know the details?

It's now "dk Bottegas"

Edited by arneharris - 02/July/2011 at 6:09pm
"the sickly pale peach colored glare of the street light " - (streaming in backman's window...)
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/July/2011 at 9:52pm
One owner dropped out owner num 2 wanted to change it up a bit he is slowly going to get rid of bar food and add more meal options..by bar food he is dropping fries and onion rings and probably burgers except for at lunch. We went Sunday last week for a late lunch/ early dinner and that is what he told us.
FOCUS !!
arneharris View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arneharris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/July/2011 at 10:57am
that sux.  it looks like the kind of place that would have good burgers and fries, though the Yelp reviews say (said) otherwise...  Ermm
"the sickly pale peach colored glare of the street light " - (streaming in backman's window...)
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/July/2011 at 11:11am
Arne, I still gotta get over the Oliver Or Twist. Your pictures on there make it look very appealing.
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/July/2011 at 11:18am
Originally posted by arneharris arneharris wrote:

that sux.  it looks like the kind of place that would have good burgers and fries, though the Yelp reviews say (said) otherwise...  Ermm
Just checked those; seems they never changed from when we tried to eat there. I liked the review that mentioned the 'empty' feeling in the place.
 Post Reply Post Reply