Forum Home Forum Home > Education > Flood Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MATC blaming victims... again.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MATC blaming victims... again.
    Posted: 24/July/2011 at 9:07am
The mayor weighed in on the latest flooding by accusing the FoPa'ers Against Flooding Facebook group "Unfortunately there are folks you <who?> manufacture some most ridiculous reasons for the cause and post these false assumptions especially on this site."

1. Our sewers are failing to meet the demand.
2. Water is entering peoples' homes causing damage.
3. This could be fixed or at least alleviated, but it's "expensive".
4. It is NOT a priority?

The Review needs a new macro: "The Mayor's Press Office did not return calls for comment."

"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/July/2011 at 9:15am
And then Finch will come here and say that the Review didn't cover it (perhaps because the Mayor's Press Office [WTF] did not respond...duh) and how unfair they are to Forest Park because their office is in Oak Park.

And now, according to him, facebook is evil too "especially on this site"....geez.
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/July/2011 at 9:19am
FB's Jeff Kott is compiling a flooding
database.
A survey spreadsheet.
If you flooded, take the time to enter your info. Knowing the scope of the problem might lead to a solution.

you can view the "results" here.
"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
Barb Wire View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barb Wire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/July/2011 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by watcher watcher wrote:

The mayor weighed in on the latest flooding by accusing the FoPa'ers Against Flooding Facebook group "Unfortunately there are folks you <who?> manufacture some most ridiculous reasons for the cause and post these false assumptions especially on this site."

1. Our sewers are failing to meet the demand.
2. Water is entering peoples' homes causing damage.
3. This could be fixed or at least alleviated, but it's "expensive".
4. It is NOT a priority?

The Review needs a new macro: "The Mayor's Press Office did not return calls for comment."

But to the mayor's credit he did figure out there's strong evidence supporting a link between heavy rainfall and flooding, and I think he might have crunched the numbers on that one all on his own.   Wink  With FP's top minds on the job, what could possibly go wrong?
How's that Roos property working out for YOU?
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/July/2011 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by Barb Wire Barb Wire wrote:

But to the mayor's credit he did figure out there's strong evidence supporting a link between heavy rainfall and flooding, and I think he might have crunched the numbers on that one all on his own.   Wink  With FP's top minds on the job, what could possibly go wrong?

People ask questions to get answers, not platitudes and attitude. In the absence of HONEST answers, there's room for any number of theories, opinions and/or accusations.

The mayor says HE obtained a $750K grant to STUDY our sewer problem, but it can't be spent until NEXT year? $750K doesn't go as far as it used to? How much of that money will Burke get for their expertise of and about our sewer system?

mcc11706 View Drop Down
Nomad
Nomad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mcc11706 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/July/2011 at 4:38pm
I've never been one to point fingers or place blame so I will not blame the mayor or any one person for the fact that it rains (a lot) and we got water in our basement again.  This is not something specific to Forest Park.  My uncle who lives on the northwest side of Chicago has had water in his basement mere inches from the ceiling on more than one occasion as far back as at LEAST 10 years ago.  Same goes for their neighbors.  Sh!t happens and sometimes it sucks.  What about tsunamis and tornados (sp?) or the recent massive floods in the south.  We sound like a bunch of whiners when we complain about having a foot or two of water in our basements.  I could hypothesize about sewer systems and what may and may not help and how our government should or shouldn't do things but I'm not going to.  Disagree with me if you want and I'm sure many will but this is my 2 cents.  As long as I am alive and breathing I'm happy.  Nothing will EVER be perfect.  You can choose to bitch, piss and moan if you want but I will not.  Maybe when I get older I'll become a crotchety geezer and if I do, feel free to call me out on it.  Mother Nature is a force to be reckoned with and you can only do so much against her.  
"Draggin' the line..."
 Post Reply Post Reply