Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Local News > Meetings, Announcements, Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rib Fest 2011

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Omnipotent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rib Fest 2011
    Posted: 12/September/2011 at 11:15am
Did anyone get a chance to go to the Rib Fest?  I drove by and it looked pretty busy.
arneharris View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arneharris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/September/2011 at 2:21pm
Yes.
"the sickly pale peach colored glare of the street light " - (streaming in backman's window...)
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/September/2011 at 4:25pm
Thanks, Arne, for the very articulate answer....wiseguy!
Refeverything View Drop Down
Nomad
Nomad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Refeverything Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/September/2011 at 4:25pm

Awesome!

BETTER DAYS ARE COMING
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arneharris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/September/2011 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by piehead piehead wrote:

Thanks, Arne, for the very articulate answer....wiseguy!

Oh, all right.  I got there late due to work, so I didn't get much.  It seems the ribfest is more an afternoon thing.  The judging is at 5pm, and by the time I arrived around 6:30p or so (just before dark) most of the vendors were out of ribs and shut down.  There were about 5 or 6 that had stock and continued, though most would cook a slab or two, sell it in about three minutes, and you had to wait another 20-30 min for another batch.

But that's OK.  This is for the most part an amateur event, not some national traveling rib-company-driven crap like Naperville and other ex-burbs have.  I can't fault those who participate for having enough to compete, but not go all night; the popularity of the event probably took many by surprise.   Plus, I wouldn't want to be messing with grills, coals, and smokers in the dark, and to what end?   Next year I plan to get there for lunch like I did last year.  I also plan to pace myself to try more vendors; last year we hit 10 of 21 before waddling on out. Tongue

Still one of the best ribfests around.

pics

Packed

This place kept serving on into the night... really good, too...

part of a sampler...

cute

good crowd

hehehe... hehe

Edited by arneharris - 12/September/2011 at 6:46pm
"the sickly pale peach colored glare of the street light " - (streaming in backman's window...)
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/September/2011 at 6:54pm
Thanks Arne
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arneharris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/September/2011 at 8:05pm
dogcatcher View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/September/2011 at 9:25pm
Who won ???
FOCUS !!
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arneharris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/September/2011 at 9:45pm
I dunno, they were one of the ones sold out by the time I got there!
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arneharris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/September/2011 at 6:21pm
c'mon out to Berwyn's Oktoberfest.  Oak Park Ave. at the train tracks ... it's a gas!
dogcatcher View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/September/2011 at 10:09pm
The Depot district right??? Tonini's is gonna be there yummmmm.
FOCUS !!
 Post Reply Post Reply