Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Education > Flood Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Water Powered Backup Sump Pump Installed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Citizen
Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water Powered Backup Sump Pump Installed
    Posted: 20/November/2011 at 4:02pm
Saw someone else install this at their house on a DIY forum, it's a nice pump. The pump is actually at the top, it just sucks water out of the sump. Purchased it and my plumber installed it. Works great. I ended up discharging it out the front of my house into the lawn as my regular sump pump discharges to somewhere, which I assume is the sewer system.

http://www.amazon.com/Basepump-HB1000-AVB-Back-flow-Prevention-Breaker/dp/B001CR4S5I/ref=sr_1_1?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1321826049&sr=1-1

watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/November/2011 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by PaulW PaulW wrote:

Saw someone else install this at their house on a DIY forum, it's a nice pump. The pump is actually at the top, it just sucks water out of the sump. Purchased it and my plumber installed it. Works great. I ended up discharging it out the front of my house into the lawn as my regular sump pump discharges to somewhere, which I assume is the sewer system.

Not a bad fourth line of defense behind backflow preventer, AC pump and battery back-up. (for that true belt/suspenders/duct tape approach.)

If I did the math right, it uses 10 gpm to remove 16gpm. adding 600 additional gallons of runoff per hour to whatever is pouring into the system that was inadequate before the addition. And it's all still dependent on the existing sewer system.

How many installs are reasonable to expect around town? Times 600 gallons per hour?

I'm no rocket scientist, but...what's wrong with this picture?

"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
PaulW View Drop Down
Citizen
Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/November/2011 at 8:37pm
I'm not worried about the town, I'm worried about pumping water out of my basement after the power is out, the rain has stopped, and the water table is above my drain tile. Actually, I just want to keep the water out when the power is out.

Don't be such a downer Watcher.....I know you are just jealous....

Wink
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21/November/2011 at 8:27am
Originally posted by PaulW PaulW wrote:

I'm not worried about the town, I'm worried about pumping water out of my basement after the power is out, the rain has stopped, and the water table is above my drain tile. Actually, I just want to keep the water out when the power is out.

Don't be such a downer Watcher.....I know you are just jealous....

Dang, ya got me. Yeah, that's it; I'm positively Green.

Clearly, the mayor and his PAC hold the same worry about the town too? What I feel towards them and their attitude is just jealousy as well? Wow, you just saved me the boatload of money I was going to have to spend on therapy...

This kind of thinking is sure to make a dandy community.

"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
 Post Reply Post Reply