Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > CRIME
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forest Park's own Mexican Death mystery

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forest Park's own Mexican Death mystery
    Posted: 15/December/2011 at 11:09am
Forest Leaves is running a series on the death of Catherine Trage in 2008.

More questions than answers. Did John Trage get away with murder?
The F.B.I. hasn't found proof... yet.

Edited by watcher - 16/December/2011 at 10:55am
"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/December/2011 at 9:11am
Wow, our very own Drew Peterson???
jujube50 View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujube50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/December/2011 at 10:46pm
What did you think of Michele Weldon's page long diatribe against Dwyer? I thought she was incorrect with most of her assertions. And she seemed to plug her "fame" too often. I for one was thankful for the articles.
Gall town smarm
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/January/2012 at 10:37am
Where/when was the Weldon piece published? Link?
"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
dogcatcher View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/January/2012 at 5:50pm
In the foreclsure section of the Ragview it appears Trage is also losing some properties ad Barney o'Reilly is listed as one of th defendants along with Trage.
FOCUS !!
jujube50 View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujube50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/January/2012 at 10:40pm
Weldon's guest essay was in the Forest Leaves last week.
Gall town smarm
jujube50 View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujube50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/January/2012 at 10:44pm
http://oakpark.suntimes.com/opinions/letters/9484435-474/series-was-irresponsible.html

Weldon guest essay
Gall town smarm
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/January/2012 at 8:53am
Jujube, thanks for the link. Yes, this woman is very full of herself and repeats it numerous times. I'm very happy for her. But I tend to believe the article more than a friend of his.
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/January/2012 at 11:05am
Originally posted by jujube50 jujube50 wrote:

http://oakpark.suntimes.com/opinions/letters/9484435-474/series-was-irresponsible.html

Weldon guest essay

Link For the cut & paste challenged

Thanks Ju.

Letter is an interesting psychology exercise by a clearly unreliable narrator.

The death was tragic and questionable. The initial reporting was, as is often the case, limited. As a story, it deserved more attention.
Better late than never. How many cold cases have been revived and solved based on renewed attention? Using her logic, Watergate was old news and unworthy of pursuit.

Ms. Weldon's attack of the messenger was misplaced and answered none of the relevant questions raised in the series. Has she written the same kinds of screeds against all of the reporting on unsolved crimes? My guess is she hasn't. Let sleeping dogs lie and keep right on lying?

I think the O'Connor family wants and deserves answers. As a member of the community, I hope somebody is called to answer and they get them.

piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/January/2012 at 11:27am
Kind of hard though without a body!
jujube50 View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujube50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/January/2012 at 11:29am
Yes, I agree, watcher (and I am challenged with links, not so much cut and paste, lol).

Anytime the FBI is interested, it is a newsworthy subject.

I completely understand why the two friends were anonymous and I have no problem with them being quoted. Since it appears Weldon knew both John & Catherine, why so much hostility towards Catherine's family?

Taking the younger kids to Hawaii hurts both sets of grandparents. I can't imagine the O'Connor's pain. And I sure never found an insurance company that was so ready to pay out for losses!  I had trouble getting reimbursed for  minor property damage and he got paid for 11 burglaries??

Really, this whole episode sounds straight from 48 Hours or something.

I am praying for justice to be served.
Gall town smarm
jujube50 View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujube50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/January/2012 at 11:30am
Well Pie, he certainly knew what he was doing when he chose Mexico...they can't do much of anything properly down there, can they?
Gall town smarm
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/January/2012 at 3:34pm

Well Pie, he certainly knew what he was doing when he chose Mexico...they can't do much of anything properly down there, can they?

Certainly would seem like the place to get rid of someone now doesn't it? Or a cruise ship...
jujube50 View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujube50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/January/2012 at 10:33am
Yes, there are always reports of people falling off ships...makes me scared to go on one!
Well that, and the noroviruses/salmonella or whatever they are.
Gall town smarm
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/January/2012 at 11:17am

Yes, there are always reports of people falling off ships...makes me scared to go on one!
Well that, and all those other 'cruise' people I don't like dressing up on vacations!
jujube50 View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujube50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/January/2012 at 1:42pm
I think you can always find someone you like to hang out with...
I am sure Dwyer will let us know if anything new develops.
Gall town smarm
arneharris View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arneharris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/January/2012 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by piehead piehead wrote:

Well that, and all those other 'cruise' people I don't like dressing up on vacations!
Shocked

I went on my first cruise in December.  I wore shorts and t-shirts.
"the sickly pale peach colored glare of the street light " - (streaming in backman's window...)
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/January/2012 at 9:00am
Originally posted by arneharris arneharris wrote:

Originally posted by piehead piehead wrote:

Shocked

I went on my first cruise in December.  I wore shorts and t-shirts.

Even to dinner?
arneharris View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arneharris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/January/2012 at 4:57pm
I were jeans to dinner, because it would tend to be on the cool side in some of the restaurants.
"the sickly pale peach colored glare of the street light " - (streaming in backman's window...)
Conduit View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conduit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/February/2012 at 6:40pm
Looks like Channel 5 is getting into it.

Promo after the 6 p.m. newscast Tuesday touts "Mystery in Mexico," a look into what happened to Catherine Trage in Fe., 2008 while on vacation with her husband. 

Airs Wednesday night during 10 p.m. newscast.
For your consideration
jujube50 View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujube50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/February/2012 at 8:41pm
yes I just heard the promo tonight
Gall town smarm
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/February/2012 at 2:45pm
NBC5's coverage
nbc chicago
 Post Reply Post Reply