Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Soapbox
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

So happy to see

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: So happy to see
    Posted: 02/January/2012 at 1:54pm
the baby maker from down the street and her baby father, coming back from the liquor store loaded down with beer this morning!

Glad their LINK cards were refilled and they are now able to buy beer with it. He's quite a guy too as he lets her carry the beer so he can walk with swagger.
dogcatcher View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/January/2012 at 5:46pm
1033 went to auction on the 19th of December still waiting to hear if it sold or not.
FOCUS !!
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/January/2012 at 6:09pm
But even if it did, they still get either 30 or 60 days to come back with something I believe.

All those adults (age wise, not mentality) that live there and not a worker bee in the bunch! And then ALL those kids there.
yooperann View Drop Down
Tourist
Tourist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yooperann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/January/2012 at 5:23pm
Just to be clear, you can't buy beer, or any other alcoholic beverage with a link card.  Nor, for that matter, can you buy toilet paper, tampons,  laundry detergent, or toothpaste.  
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/January/2012 at 7:01pm
You can get cash from an ATM and turn it into anything you like. I saw a woman do it at Walgreens in the city. So, no, you can't use the LINK at the liquor/cigarette store, but you can always use the money we give them to provide food for all their children, for beer and cigarettes.

From their site: "How do I use my card at an Automated Teller Machine (ATM)?

You can only withdraw money or check your cash account balance at an ATM. You cannot use your food stamp benefits at an ATM.

These are some of the ATM networks that accept the Illinois Link card: STAR, SHAMZAM, NYCE.

Some ATMs may charge you a fee. To avoid paying any fees, it is best to withdraw your cash at stores that accept the Illinois Link card and provide cash back.

Before you use your Illinois Link card at an ATM, here are some things you need to know:

Amounts. You can only withdraw cash in the amounts that the ATM allows you to get. Some ATMs allow you to withdraw your cash in amounts of $10.00, $20.00, etc. If you do not have enough money in your account to withdraw your benefits and pay any fees that may be charged, your transaction is denied.

Fees. You can withdraw cash from your cash account at an ATM up to two (2) times per month. After your second cash withdrawal, or your second balance inquiry, you are charged a fee.

Surcharges. In addition to the fee you pay for withdrawing cash, the ATM may charge you a "surcharge" every time you use that ATM. A surcharge is an extra fee that the owner of the ATM charges. The amount of the added charge is displayed on the screen. The ATM gives you the choice of accepting the added charge or cancelling the transaction. At these ATMs, you could pay both a surcharge and a fee for a cash withdrawal. These fees are taken out of your cash account. Even if you only do a balance inquiry, you may still be charged a fee.
To use an ATM to withdraw cash or check your balance:

Follow the ATM instructions for inserting or scanning your Illinois Link card. Some ATMs ask you to insert and remove your card, others ask you to insert the card that is held inside the machine until you complete or cancel the transaction.
    Enter your PIN. If the ATM charges a surcharge a screen appears and you have the option of accepting or cancelling the transaction. If you accept the transaction, the fee will be taken from your cash benefits.
    Choose either the "Cash Withdrawal "or "Balance Inquiry" option. (Remember, you cannot check your food stamp balance at an ATM.)
    Select the "Checking" option.
    Enter the amount of cash you want to withdraw.
    When your transaction is approved, the ATM gives you cash, a printed receipt and your card.
    Do not forget to take your receipt, card, and cash.

When using your card at an ATM, remember:

Be careful. Only use ATMs in a well-lighted area.
    Look out for suspicious people. If you feel you are in danger, cancel your transaction, get your card, and leave the area.
    Be prepared. Have your card ready to use.
    Keep your PIN safe. Do not write your PIN on your card.
    Enter your PIN carefully so no one else sees you enter it.
    Keep your last receipt."

LINK card FAQ

Edited by piehead - 03/January/2012 at 7:11pm
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/January/2012 at 7:20pm
Yep and that is what they do....however baby mama and her newest babydaddy are now Plainfields problem or at least that is where they are racking up parking tickets.
FOCUS !!
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/January/2012 at 7:37pm
Good, let Will County deal with them!

So I won't be seeing the one guy in the scary van loading up little kids into it every morning any more?
bcbandit View Drop Down
Mod Squad
Mod Squad
Muzzle Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcbandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/January/2012 at 1:36am
Let me set this straight About the "Link Cards '..

Some people get Cash and Food stamp Style money on the Link Card, In that case you may use it to Withdraw Money "Cash" from an ATM,

However if all you get is Food stamp money, You may only use it for food Items..

AGAIN people still "Buy" the stamp money off the cards so 100 bucks in food stamp money could be called 50 or 75 bucks Hard cash..

People have found ways over the years to Turn food stamps and now the link card into cash..

Unlike years back, Now you hand over your card to someone to use it and they spend an amount say 100 in food and give Cash in return of the use of the link card, I think an ID should be Required but then the seller of the card would just shop with the buyer.. :(

Always a damn Gimmick with government money..  BCB...

P.S. an Currency Exchange on Damen and Division in Chicago Who was supposed to had out Food stamps back in the early 80's also bought them too.. They did get busted, Early 90's..

Edited by bcbandit - 04/January/2012 at 1:36am
I'm Chevy Chase and It's Time for the news.
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/January/2012 at 10:16am
A woman I work with has been approached in the grocery store to have someone use their LINK card to buy her groceries and then give that person a certain amount of cash for it. She told the person to get the hell away from her!
Number6 View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Number6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/January/2012 at 2:27pm
I don't understand the point of this thread. What's the action item here? Are we supposed to read this and come to a certain conclusion? Stop people from feeding their kids, even if some is skimmed off the top (though, please, let's not discuss welfare fraud's cost to taxpayers vs. other government programs or white collar crime)? 

watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/January/2012 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by Number6 Number6 wrote:

I don't understand the point of this thread. What's the action item here? Are we supposed to read this and come to a certain conclusion? Stop people from feeding their kids, even if some is skimmed off the top (though, please, let's not discuss welfare fraud's cost to taxpayers vs. other government programs or white collar crime)? 

It's a recurring theme without a point. It offers nothing. Proves nothing. Adds nothing. But it is consistent.

Hard to find a thread in which it hasn't been injected.

Happy New Year #6!
"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/January/2012 at 7:06pm
This was posted in the "soapbox" area. I got on mine to express an opinion. Nothing more. Kind of like the airing of the grievances during Festivus.
bcbandit View Drop Down
Mod Squad
Mod Squad
Muzzle Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcbandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/January/2012 at 12:03am

I don't understand the point of this thread.
What's the action item here?
Are we supposed to read this and come to a certain conclusion?
Stop people from feeding their kids, even if some is skimmed off the top,

Point of thread that started was someone buying beer with Link Card money..

Whats the Action<? Not much can be done.

As for reading THIS, Yes people should read and Know what A Thread is about before Commenting on A "Conclusion".

"Stop people from feeding their kids", I Think they should stop using Food money for Beer money , Unless each kid get a Quart of beer for each meal?

Number6, I Like you, I'm not busting any balls, Gov Money should be Spent the way it was Intended,

And for some Young Self Employed "Drug dealer".. I Really don't think they need a link card..

This is just My opinion... BCB...

Edited by bcbandit - 05/January/2012 at 12:04am
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/January/2012 at 8:46am
Yes, I just love watching people pull up on bicycles (or in cars) and go knock on the front basement windows to get their dealer's attention. They don't like it when you are walking by when this occurs.
Number6 View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Number6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/January/2012 at 5:15pm
BCB, sarcasm is a beautiful but subtle thing apparently. The point of the thread is known to everyone here, but saying what it is is another story.

I didn't even touch the whole pejorative "baby maker" comments. I do love me some reductive gender-race based scapegoating!

It's true that this is the soapbox, but you giving your opinion doesn't end the discussion. People will respond if they agree, disagree, etc. As much as the internet discussion boards and comments sections are good for providing an echo chamber, hearing a differing viewpoint at least keeps us on our toes :)
jujube50 View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujube50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/January/2012 at 1:04am
I am completely on your side, Number 6.
smh...
Gall town smarm
bcbandit View Drop Down
Mod Squad
Mod Squad
Muzzle Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcbandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/January/2012 at 1:47am
Number 6, I Wouldn't touch the "Baby maker " Either.. :)

I'm just throwing out some comments,

But at least there's a Discussion going on. :)  BCB...
arneharris View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arneharris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/January/2012 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by piehead piehead wrote:

Yes, I just love watching people pull up on bicycles (or in cars) and go knock on the front basement windows to get their dealer's attention. They don't like it when you are walking by when this occurs.
Doorbell broken?

They'd like it even less if you called the cops and had the dealer arrested!
"the sickly pale peach colored glare of the street light " - (streaming in backman's window...)
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arneharris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/January/2012 at 11:06pm
I have no problem with ppl using Link to buy things like beer & Ho Ho's.  I could live off that.  Hell, there were times I did.. and I had a job! Embarrassed
"the sickly pale peach colored glare of the street light " - (streaming in backman's window...)
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/January/2012 at 8:59am
arneharris, shouldn't you be packing up your Christmas decorations

But arne, I'm guessing you weren't buying beer & ho ho's w/a link card and shorting your kids on food!
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/January/2012 at 9:00am
Originally posted by arneharris arneharris wrote:

Originally posted by piehead piehead wrote:

Doorbell broken?
<span ="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre">                    </span>
They'd like it even less if you called the cops and had the dealer arrested!

I believe police have been notified in the past but never enough for them to do anything about it. Plus, minors.
jujube50 View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujube50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/January/2012 at 12:36am
Well beer and HoHos would make meVomit  but each to his own.

Just because you are poor doesn't mean you can't buy stuff that isn't healthy...
Gall town smarm
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arneharris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/January/2012 at 2:19pm
Just because you are poor doesn't mean you have to buy stuff that someone else deems "healthy."

What others like (beer and HoHos) you do not.  What you like, others may not. 

Who are we to tell others what to eat and drink?
Number6 View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Number6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/January/2012 at 2:55pm
@arneharris Word. At least I don't want to legislate for specific SES groups :)
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/January/2012 at 3:41pm

@arneharris Word. At least I don't want to legislate for specific SES groups :)

You have no future in politics.
"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/January/2012 at 6:26pm
Cops were at 1033 Friday morn for a domestic involving 2 black women 1 who lives in the house and one who just Stays there..there are 7 kids living there and none in school..dcfs will no doubt be getting a call. House apparently sold as my dealer neighbor says..we gots 35 days left before we moves to a new place.
FOCUS !!
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/January/2012 at 6:32pm
DC, I've seen a bunch of those kids with backpacks on in the morning and getting into a van. So they're not going to school?
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/January/2012 at 3:53pm
Nope apparently not. I feel horrible for the kids seems like foster care may be the best thing for them at this point.
FOCUS !!
TheBeacon View Drop Down
Nomad
Nomad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheBeacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/January/2012 at 1:49pm
blah blah blah, i'm complaining about black people

that's about all I get from half of the shit posted on here. I'm sure saying something to them would make you feel a little better about yourself than complaining to complainers on the internet.
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25/January/2012 at 2:08pm
Speaking of 'black people' (Beacon's term), I saw three kids exiting the Circle exit of the blue line and heading for school.

I also see kids (with their backpacks on) at night coming back to the el to go back home to the city.

So happy to pay for their education as well as for the legitimate FP kids!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>