Forum Home Forum Home > Education > Local Schools
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Carney Barkers and Sideshow Shills

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carney Barkers and Sideshow Shills
    Posted: 01/March/2012 at 10:02pm
It's been a month since moreno posted "Let's stop whining and do something."

The facebook group was formed 29 days ago and now has 37 members.

Of the ~50 postings, 30 were made by Bob Cox. I'd encourage you to take a look and see for yourself. They're mostly ethereal esoterica i.e. "How to manage the " rank and sort" element of all educational processes is a root problem. I love to hear and be enlightened by 21 st Century student perspectives on these issues, I'm 20th century biased and systems flawed"

Whenever "discussion" begins to become pointed or specific, Bob steps up to add more unrelated information.

When asked if he was in the group to deliberately derail discussions he said that he was. So there you have it.

If all goes well, the first meeting might be held sometime in early April.

Most of the discussion concerns D209, but the resentment over D91's switch to grade level centers still lingers. The only "factual data" presented comes from the school report cards.

The facebook platform is ill-suited for any depth,length or traction.
There are 96 topics in this local education topic area, containing over 3000 posts in a searchable format. Of these 3000+ posts there are hundreds that seriously try to discuss/address Forest Park's struggles with education. Sorting the wheat from the chaff there's a sense that people are looking for options/answers and it's frustrating.

Oops, sorry, just whining...again...

"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/March/2012 at 8:54am
Yes, watcher, and I have a hard time with Bob Cox's entries as he is also the owner of the 'friends of chris welch' facebook page. He is obviously as big if not bigger supporter of the continuation of a District 209 business as usual candidate.

Oh well. And people don't want things politicized but I think they gotta realize that without the politicians that run at least our town behind a movement, nothing's gonna change. They control things.
 Post Reply Post Reply