Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Soapbox
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mayor exempt?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mayor exempt?
    Posted: 20/December/2012 at 11:05am
From wearing a seatbelt while driving I guess. Pretty stupid behavior for our high exalted mystic ruler!

Guess he has never seen what happens in an accident to the person ejected out of the car.

Edited by piehead - 20/December/2012 at 1:49pm
Just the Facts View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just the Facts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/December/2012 at 11:21am
What are you referring to, Pie?
dahhh... dah-dah-dum!
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/December/2012 at 1:50pm
Surprised to see our mayor driving around sans seatbelt. Would have hoped he would know how important they are besides being the law.
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just the Facts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/December/2012 at 4:02pm
Well, Tony, like all experienced law enforcement- well, in his case, wanna be law enforcement- have to be ready at the drop of a hat to stop and jump out of their car when they see trouble. 
Btw, was he wearing his official POLICE wind breaker? 

dahhh... dah-dah-dum!
arneharris View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arneharris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/December/2012 at 5:48pm
Can't blame him. I hate wearing my seatbelt.
"the sickly pale peach colored glare of the street light " - (streaming in backman's window...)
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22/December/2012 at 11:22pm
Oh, pie, you are certainly old enough to remember what it was like to drive dangerously. My Mother used to drive with her grandkids standing behind her right shoulder, for safety's sake. Can also remember when the front passenger seat flipped forward for backseat access, no lock. Have an especially vivid memory of a fast stop, front seat flipped forward, hitting the dash with my face. Do wear my seatbelt, have to be a good example, you know:) Who's gonna ticket the Mayor?
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/December/2012 at 4:05pm
That was kind of my point. But is that a good example to set for the rest of the citizens of the village?

And logic, they also used to think cigarettes were okay too. But we learn from our past ways. Hopefully.
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just the Facts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/December/2012 at 6:26pm
He's the commissioner in charge of law enforcement, disobeying the law. Just like when he was photographed parking in front of the fire hydrant couple years back.

Because in his mind, he's just responsible for overseeing those who enforce our laws, and not responsible for respecting or obeying them himself. 

Fire hydrants, seat belts, you name it- none of it applies to him, because he got a majority of the vote. 

The ethos of the Proviso government hack.

Edited by Just the Facts - 23/December/2012 at 6:32pm
dahhh... dah-dah-dum!
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23/December/2012 at 11:12pm
It's a mindset, he's been here most, if not all, of his life and the Mayor for a long time. The hydrant parking had the possibility of affecting other people, the seat belt probably only himself. Not so sure about your all encompassing "you-name-it" comment, but it's typical of your posts.   
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/December/2012 at 10:08am
Seat belt would not just affect him if he were involved in a collision. There would be the medical costs (if injured), the family would most certainly be affected, and the list could go on. Just sayin.
backman View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24/December/2012 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by piehead piehead wrote:

Seat belt would not just affect him if he were involved in a collision. There would be the medical costs (if injured), the family would most certainly be affected, and the list could go on. Just sayin.

It should be noted that the Taxpayers/Us are paying Calderone's insurance premiums.
backman
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/January/2013 at 1:24pm
Yours too, if you're still at a state run university.
Mayor Calderone View Drop Down
Citizen
Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Calderone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/January/2013 at 5:05pm
Happy New Year.

The Village of Forest Park does not pay any insurance premiums for me. In addition I do not drive a village owned vehicle nor do I get gasoline.

Thank you Mr. Backman for being untruthful.
Mayor Anthony T. Calderone

Serving the Residents and the Village of Forest Park since 1999
backman View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/January/2013 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by Mayor Calderone Mayor Calderone wrote:

Happy New Year.

The Village of Forest Park does not pay any insurance premiums for me. In addition I do not drive a village owned vehicle nor do I get gasoline.

My apologies. As soon as I saw the car thing I remembered you probably handle this through your business.

By all means, continue driving without a seat belt.

backman
backman View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/January/2013 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by logic logic wrote:

Yours too, if you're still at a state run university.

Yes but I wear a seat belt.

backman
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/January/2013 at 12:16am
Originally posted by backman backman wrote:

But do you get a yearly check-up, smoke or smoke, imbibe too often or too much, wear sunblock, have you relinquished fatty foods and goodies, drive when you could walk? :)))))))
backman View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/January/2013 at 8:59am
Originally posted by logic logic wrote:

But do you get a yearly check-up, smoke or smoke, imbibe too often or too much, wear sunblock, have you relinquished fatty foods and goodies, drive when you could walk? :)))))))

I do very well in the health area. I had the gift of a warning shot over the bow in the mid 1990s (before I worked for the state). I take everything pretty seriously.

backman
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just the Facts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/January/2013 at 9:23pm

Happy New Year.

Since when was being untruthful a problem for you, Tony?
dahhh... dah-dah-dum!
FP Property Owner View Drop Down
Resident
Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FP Property Owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/January/2013 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by Just the Facts Just the Facts wrote:

Happy New Year.

Since when was being untruthful a problem for you, Tony?

I think this needs to be clarified.  

Tony should have stated that "the Village of Forest Park does not pay any insurance premiums for me directly but in directly through the above market rate insurance contacts i have signed between my company Illinois Alarm and the Village of Forest Park, The Park District, Proviso Township, Maywood, and so many other Cook County Governmental bodies I can't remember all of them but I do recall receiving over $600,000 on one contract alone so I think I am set to pay my insurance and get a new car every other year!  Thank you Cook County."  
FP Property Owner
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just the Facts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/January/2013 at 8:00pm
http://provisoprobe.blogspot.com/2007/05/illinois-alarm-awarded-huge-contract-by.html

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Illinois Alarm awarded huge contract by District 89

Bill Dwyer filed a FOIA request and discovered the details of Illinois Alarm's contracts with District 89 (Maywood & Melrose Park elementary schools). Illinois Alarm is the business owned by Forest Park Mayor Anthony Calderone.

Bill Dwyer (Forest Park Review):
Then there are the contracts that Tony Calderone has inked with governmental bodies the past few years. He insists he has no political connections with Melrose Park, but the $824,000 contract his Illinois Alarm firm inked with the District 89 school district, headquartered in Melrose Park, suggests different. Signed by Calderone the day after Christmas, it pays his company nearly $660,000 for installing security equipment in 13 district buildings, as well as nearly $160,000 in monthly fees over the next three years.

I haven't received anything yet from a May 10 FOIA with Melrose Park regarding Illinois Alarm, but I'm patient. I won't even get grumpy if I have to contact the Illinois Attorney General's office for help.

I remain curious about the bid process. How many bids did District 89 get for this job?

I look forward to the Forest Park Review doing a full news story on Illinois Alarm's dealings with District 89.
dahhh... dah-dah-dum!
arneharris View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arneharris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/January/2013 at 11:22pm

Happy New Year.

The Village of Forest Park blah blah blah blah... In addition blah blah blah blah....

My apologies. Blah blah blah blah.... 

By all means, continue driving without a seat belt.

Bwaahahaha hahahaha!!!!
LOL

I hate driving with with a seatbelt, and I commend Tony for not using one, but that was good.

Edited by arneharris - 09/January/2013 at 11:24pm
"the sickly pale peach colored glare of the street light " - (streaming in backman's window...)
dogcatcher View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dogcatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/January/2013 at 10:15pm
Hate seatbelts..refuse to wear one. I have very personal reasons for my decision. My kids wear them and hubby wears them.
FOCUS !!
 Post Reply Post Reply