Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Main Discussion Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

QUESTION

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: QUESTION
    Posted: 16/May/2013 at 9:15am
Reordered checks recently, yes, still use them. I wasn't able to use the quick reorder process, as I had so many times in the past, it just wouldn't go through, assumed it was a website malfunction but when I went through the main web page was able to place my order with no problem. Here's what's bugging me. We are now required, in the State of IL, to provide the month/yr our account was opened. It had been so many yrs, needed to call the bank and ask. WHY? WHAT IS THE NECESSITY OF PROVIDING THAT INFO? After placing the order, I received a delay in processing notice email while they verified the info provided but I could speed the process along by sending them a copy of my bank statement with financial info removed or provide them with the name/phone of a specifically named bank rep who would be informed the company would be calling for account verification. This was a LOUSY reorder from a well-known business we had been doing business with for many yrs, I refused, was sent an email the next day stating my order was being processed, THANKS FOR MY BUSINESS. Has anyone else had this experience?
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2013 at 7:06pm
No, but then we have an acct w/forest park bank and they give you your checks for free. Only have to pay $6.50 shipping. It's the senior checking acct they offer. Free free free.

Edited by piehead - 16/May/2013 at 7:06pm
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2013 at 9:11pm
OK. pie, but why would the month/yr the account was opened be required for IL residents?????
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16/May/2013 at 9:29pm
No idea at all. I'd ask your bank.
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/May/2013 at 7:52am
Understand checking acct fraud is rampant, the need for caution when dealing with things related to banking services but it just seemed like an overreach for a check reorder.
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17/May/2013 at 10:44am
Good luck and if you are over 55 you should at least consider the freebie that Forest Park bank offers! It's even an interest bearing account
 Post Reply Post Reply