Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Main Discussion Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tom Mannix's homestead exemption

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tom Mannix's homestead exemption
    Posted: 28/September/2013 at 3:59pm
A simple question for Tom Mannix: is he still taking a home owner's exemption on his Batavia house? 

Kane County records show the tax bill is still addressed to Mannix at the 24 N. Barton Trail address. He took the house off the market and last I heard, it was renting for $1,400 a month. The taxes are current, but of course, Mannix doesn't live there. He lives in Forest Park in the house his new wife purchased. 

In any event, the 24 N. Barton Trail house is not his home. Neither is it the primary residence of the woman listed on the tax bill with him. 

Of course, documents found on line can be misleading, as Mannix himself very well knows. So there may be an explanation. The Weichert Rental Network listed the house for rent for $1,400 recently, but it's now off the market. 

One possible explanation for the continued $6,000 annual deduction under the home owner's exemption is that the tenant Mannix is leasing to agreed in writing to pay the real estate taxes as a condition of the lease. 

But last I checked with the Kane County Assessor's office, that wasn't the case. 

The latest tax bill, obtained without a FOIA through the Kane County Assessor's website, is attached for people's information. Maybe someone cares to ask this "public servant" for an explanation. 

Edited by Bill Dwyer - 28/September/2013 at 4:02pm
Facts are a bitch and the truth most hurts the liars
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2013 at 7:19am
If he lives in Kane county, he cannot be a FP commissioner, OR he is a crook. Just another reason not to trust this greasy, slick politician.

Of course, we all know that he'll pull a Hosty and claim he didn't know (like when Hosty's contractor added rooms to his home renovation).

Bill, have you sent Mannix an email requesting a response? Or would his answer have to be okay end by the mayor

Edited by piehead - 29/September/2013 at 7:21am
Bill Dwyer View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2013 at 9:59am
I don't care if he posts it on the Forest Park Truth Squad. Pie. Or in the FoPa Post. The question isn't going away. If there's an explanation, he can spit it out. 

And there certainly may be a completely reasonable explanation. So let's hear it. 

Or does, as Mannix's Truth Squad website put it, "the truth sometimes hurt"?
Bill Dwyer View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/September/2013 at 11:11am

The application form required for what's called a General Homestead Exemption for Single-Family Dwellings Subject to a Lease is consided a deposition by the Kane County Assessor's office. It states: 

"I hereby depose and say that I am the owner of record, that I have read this application, that I have personal knowledge of the contents thereof, that same is true in substance and in fact, and that I am subject to penalties for perjury for falsification herein."

Based on that, I'd assume there's a form on file somewhere, as I'm certain that no Forest Park elected official would ever ignore another governing entity's legal requirements. 

But we'll find out soon enough. I filed a FOIA with Kane County for the records. 

Post Reply Post Reply