Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Main Discussion Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Too Bad FP won't do anything for Roosevelt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Too Bad FP won't do anything for Roosevelt
    Posted: 03/October/2013 at 2:49pm
Seems that Berwyn/Oak Park have grabbed Roosevelt Road by the horns trying to spiff it up.

Wire New Music Venue in Berwyn

watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/October/2013 at 4:21pm
The Wire was supposed to open last month (On Friday the 13th)

An upgrade took place west of Harlem. Should have been big news...

12th Street Wings

12th Street Wings FB page
"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
Bill Dwyer View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/October/2013 at 4:52pm
Great news. That corner's been a PITA for neighbors and police for years. Look forward to stopping in to sample stuff. 
Facts are a bitch and the truth most hurts the liars
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/October/2013 at 8:16pm
So where the trouble bar has been. Good news.

Yes, surprised nothing mentioned anywhere I saw.

Edited by piehead - 04/October/2013 at 9:05am
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/October/2013 at 8:18pm
Husband just said that work is also going on in the old Harlem Art Gallery location. Anyone know what is going in?
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/October/2013 at 8:55pm
Gee, you'd think that with Tom Mannix's cutting edge web technology that apparently only he could provide village officials, that we'd all be kept apprised of such positive changes. 

It is- they both are- good things, right? So why wouldn't the village trumpet them? 

Seriously. This is good news. So why aren't we hearing about it sooner? 
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04/October/2013 at 6:20am
Next issue of the Post?

"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/October/2013 at 12:12pm
Would also like to see an Indian restaurant with take-out or a prepared foods section, preferably with a Southern Indian/Kerala menu. There's a caterer in Glenview or maybe it's Northfield, named Malabar, they also have smaller portions of prepared food (biriyani, curries, etc) for walk-ins. Wonderful! Can never quite get it right at home, very complicated, so I rely on the Saras brand of prepared mixes/gravies.
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/October/2013 at 7:34pm
Logic, afraid all the neighborhood cats might be in trouble then though!!! Oh my goodness.

Hopefully they wouldn't be like my old doctor neighbors that brought roaches to my old apt. Building!
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/October/2013 at 8:16pm
Gee, pie, not quite sure what that all means.
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/October/2013 at 8:52am
Not a fan of Indian food at all. Bad attempt at humor is all. My East Indian boss even tried to get me to like it but just don't care for it.

I guess the cats are safe; unless a new Chinese restaurant opens (remember all the cats found in a fridge in that Cicero Chinese I place on Laramie).
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/October/2013 at 10:53am
Have a good friend, lives around 47th/Ashland, loved the soup at this one local Mexican restaurant, husband would bring it home for her a couple of times a wk. When the inspectors made a surprise visit they found dog carcasses hanging in the freezer. A number of neighborhood dogs had mysteriously gone missing over the past yr, including her much loved, beautiful malamute. YUK!

I was introduced to Southern Indian food by my co-workers, they do eat beef:) but mostly chicken, fish, lots of vegetables and of course, rice. Raised mostly on a Italian/American diet, found their food to be exotic and interesting. IMO, great food.
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/October/2013 at 10:58am
I guess in some cultures all animals are fair game for a meal!

I love spicy but some of the spices in Indian food just aren't to my liking.

I don't eat much beef or pork; mostly chicken, fish or vegetables (I could probably live just fine w/o meat). JMO
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/October/2013 at 12:01pm
I don't appreciate being served chlil con canine, particularly if I don't know of the switch. 

But people eat what they can get around the world, and sometimes shun other types of meat. Take India and their "sacred cows." 

I've seen dog and cat carcasses hanging for sale in vendor stalls in both Hong Kong and the Philippines- as well as monkey. Actually ate money in the P.I. Very good. 

piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/October/2013 at 2:10pm
So Bill, did it taste like chicken (seems to be response of so many on exotic meats)?
 Post Reply Post Reply