Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Media Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"The web posts of doom"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "The web posts of doom"
    Posted: 09/October/2013 at 12:47pm

The two biggest trolls on the FP Review comments board waved me goodbye recently, each in their own manner. And remember now, the Review article was about a playground opening, but trolls will be trolls. 

“Trudy,” wrote, “Billy boy has taken his tough guy attitude and words over to FPF. That gent definitely has an anger management issue. He always finds a way to talk about the rough guys behind the curtain, not certain what he means other than it might make him feel good writing in the tough guy sense. Whoopee is all I have to say to him, about him and all the way with him.”

“Tough guy attitude”? Naw. I’m just willing to say things out loud, in public. Usually pretty bluntly. Sometimes in a mocking manner. But it's factual. And that’s what some people fear, what pisses them off- the truth.

Speaking of fear, Trudy then said something else, something that’s pretty telling about her.

“Once you let this crazy man find out who you are you're doomed,” she cautioned.

Doomed? I've heard of the "power of the pen being mightier than the sword," but holy crap! 

Doomed? As in “likely to have an unfortunate and inescapable outcome,” or “ ill-fated”? “An unhappy destiny”? (Back in Saxon times “doom” referred to “a judicial condemnation or sentence.”)

I can do all that?! With a keyboard?

If Trudy actually believes all that will befall her if I somehow discern her identity, no wonder she won’t give up her last name- her life as she knows it will be over

Really, Trudy, you can stop cringing behind the curtain. I’m a writer, not a fighter- not unless I absolutely have to be.

Observer was succinct in his farewell.

“Hey Billy D., from the heart I'm sorry, I didn't know..the dog is out of the fight. I wish you well.”

Well, gosh, best to you too, Dawg. But there was no “fight,” Observer. So stop it! You’re scaring Trudy.

An exchange of web postings doesn’t constitute fighting, though it seems to intimidate some people.

With the web, there are no injuries and no arrests, no police reports- though I do get a little sore around the shoulders if I sit improperly for too long while typing.

Then again, if our timid little Trudy is in fact correct in her assertion about my supposedly impressive power over people's lives, then, well, all who disagree with me are indeed doomed. Bwah-hah-hah!

Maybe I should change the “signature” at the bottom of my posts from “Bring it on” to something like Dante’s famous, “Abandon all hope, all ye who enter here.” 

Facts are a bitch and the truth most hurts the liars
Bill Dwyer View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/October/2013 at 1:08pm
Watch out, trolls. Dr. Doom has arrived. Bwah-hah-hah!

citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/October/2013 at 9:40pm
a suggestion, bill. 
internet tradition suggests that nasty anonymous trolls are sexless, perhaps soulless(?!?), and therefore referred to as 'it.' no he/she niceties are expected - or wanted.
Bill Dwyer View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/October/2013 at 3:47pm
Sounds fair to me, Citizen. Sexless, can't enjoy this life. Soulless, can't enjoy the afterlife. 
"It" it is.
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/October/2013 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Bill Dwyer Bill Dwyer wrote:

Sounds fair to me, Citizen. Sexless, can't enjoy this life. Soulless, can't enjoy the afterlife. 
"It" it is.

nice :)
are zombies referred to as he/she?  i've just started World War Z because i know absolutely nothing about this genre...but i hear the apocalypse is coming so i'd better get up to snuff.
bcbandit View Drop Down
Mod Squad
Mod Squad
Muzzle Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bcbandit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/October/2013 at 7:10pm
Bill D, your always welcomed here, Open up and speak Freely.. BCB... 
I'm Chevy Chase and It's Time for the news.
 Post Reply Post Reply