Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Quality of Life Issues
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Observer/Daly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Observer/Daly
    Posted: 27/October/2013 at 10:21am
Have been reading the little "tit-for-tat" between the two of you on the Review blog. You both need to keep families out of the mix. Observer, you're giving out way too much personal info for communal consumption, IMHO.

We live on the very South side of FP, it's not the dumping ground. TY

Edited by logic - 27/October/2013 at 10:22am
Iceman View Drop Down
Nomad
Nomad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/October/2013 at 10:10pm

A couple of observations; First, I wonder why the review felt the need to run the almost same old tired article twice.  It almost seems like they are desperate to get comments on their articles.  Second, while no one really looks good in this whole thing, at least we know who Sharon Daly is.  I believe Edward P.’s comments about individuals drinking really are in poor taste.  Third, while it wouldn’t stop all personal negative comments, I think the Review really promotes this behavior by allowing anonymous, negative comments aimed at identifiable individuals.

Bill Dwyer View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/October/2013 at 10:33pm
Iceman, 
Eddie Pee, like Observer, is a troll who offers nothing but mocking comments about people's personal habits, despite himself writing like he's currently working on his 12th round at his cousin's bar. 
Funny thing, the last time I saw Sharon Daly, she was enjoying a couple- as in just two- glasses of wine after spending three hours helping VOx 60130 host a well-attended public info meeting on the Ike Rebuild project.
That begs comment on Observer's assinine post about Sharon not "know(ing) the feeling of actually accomplishing something."
As "Clean it up from Forest Park put it, "Wow, Roosevelt Rd has nothing compared to the garbage being spewed in these comments."
Facts are a bitch and the truth most hurts the liars
citizen View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/October/2013 at 10:45pm
@ Iceman.
darling, you cannot bitch about anonymity and call yourself Iceman. 

c'mon.  Observer was a complete dick re: the southside. we need to get that guy a job/hobby - pronto.
no one cares who his wife/children are - it's straw man nonsense. he's declared that he's not afraid of retaliation - he's got to be anonymous to protect the women and children! braveheart :)
citizen +2
Iceman View Drop Down
Nomad
Nomad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iceman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/October/2013 at 11:56pm

Citizen, you are right, I do post anonymously.  I do so for two reasons.  One, I want any ideas I advance to be the issue, not who I am. Second (and this is not criticizing anyone else), for me it seems less egocentric.  That being said, I think most people can guess who I am.  If you can’t and want to know, message me and I’ll tell you.  Finally, if I ever personally attack an identifiable person and not his ideas, I will do so in my own name.

logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/October/2013 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by Bill Dwyer Bill Dwyer wrote:

....the last time I saw Sharon Daly, she was enjoying a couple- as in just two glasses of wine after spending three hours helping VOx60130 host a well-attended public info meeting.....
Dear Inspector Drink Counter, Ms Daly is quite able to defend herself from nonsense postings. Please don't ever stick-up for me. it's a little scary:)
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/October/2013 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by logic logic wrote:

....the last time I saw Sharon Daly, she was enjoying a couple- as in just two glasses of wine after spending three hours helping VOx60130 host a well-attended public info meeting.....
Dear Inspector Drink Counter, Ms Daly is quite able to defend herself from nonsense postings. Please don't ever stick-up for me. it's a little scary:)

Have I ever
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/October/2013 at 6:36pm

Have I ever?

Yes, maybe once or twice when we agreed on something. You must have been delirious:)
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/October/2013 at 6:42pm
So... agreeing with someone is defending them? Hmmm...
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/October/2013 at 7:46pm
It takes less energy to interpret others' posts correctly than it does to misconstrue 'em.

Edited by logic - 29/October/2013 at 7:52pm
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/October/2013 at 8:58pm
At the risk of "bickering," I bow to the master on that subject. 
Observerofdoom View Drop Down
Tourist
Tourist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Observerofdoom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/October/2013 at 1:32pm
Wow, didn't expect that leg sweep from Sharon..Here I was standing on top of the FPF mountain thumping my chest, just like Bill does when he hits "enter" on the keyboard;) Must give her credit for knocking me on my arse..Just to clarify, I didn't intend to portray the entire south end of FP as a dump..just the Roosevelt Road area, let's be honest, it's the ugly sister to the prettier more popular north-side! It needs some work! Sorry Logic...hope you accept my apology! where is Pie Crust?

Glad Bill ended his hunger strike and is back in business on the FPR site, he is always entertaining and yes, at times informative! Ad Hominem!

Yes Watcher, I know you are having trouble cracking my firewall..onion router ;) Keep trying! I'm watching 
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/October/2013 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by Observerofdoom Observerofdoom wrote:

Yes Watcher, I know you are having trouble cracking my firewall..onion router ;) Keep trying! I'm watching 

No trouble at all. Not trying. Still waiting for the answer to an easy question. Do you live in Forest Park? In your early FPR comments you said you left town because of the high school. In subsequent comments you speak as though you're still here. Which is it?

"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/October/2013 at 8:24pm
Guys, guys! Let's not bicker. 
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/October/2013 at 10:34pm

Glad Bill ended his hunger strike and is back in business on the FPR site, he is always entertaining and yes, at times informative!
Did you really think he'd stay away?
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/October/2013 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by logic logic wrote:

Glad Bill ended his hunger strike and is back in business on the FPR site, he is always entertaining and yes, at times informative!
Did you really think he'd stay away?

Birds of a feather, huh logic?
Tourist
Tourist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Observerofdoom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/November/2013 at 12:37pm
Watcher - I understand that two or three people at most even visit this site..I wasn't going to bother responding (to your simple question), however, between your & Daly's weird obsession with my family and where I live, I have no choice...taking a page from Billy..I will no longer be posting here ;) I guess I would feel more comfortable if you (Watcher) listed your name & address with each post..

I'm also pretty sure your two faithful fans here realize you are full of shit when you state that you didn't do a little "searching" when I joined ;) 
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/November/2013 at 1:01pm

I'm also pretty sure your two faithful fans here realize you are full of shit when you state that you didn't do a little "searching" when I joined ;) 

Paranoid much!?
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/November/2013 at 5:42pm

Watcher - I understand that two or three people at most even visit this site..I wasn't going to bother responding (to your simple question), however, between your & Daly's weird obsession with my family and where I live, I have no choice...taking a page from Billy..I will no longer be posting here ;) I guess I would feel more comfortable if you (Watcher) listed your name & address with each post..

Unlike you, who doesn't seem to realize how full of shit you are?

You either live here or you don't. Doesn't much matter beyond that. If you don't live here, I'd be careful labeling anybody's activities weird. If you DO live here, why did you feel compelled to LIE about it?

There are 10 years of my posts here that anyone can read, judge and if so moved, comment on or rebut.

In 9 posts since showing up, you've said NOTHING. WTF would I care, even a tiny, tiny bit about your comfort level? You've demonstrated your posting abilities. You won't be missed. Have a nice time trolling the Review comments...

"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/November/2013 at 5:51pm

Watcher - I understand that two or three people at most even visit this site..,,,I have no choice...taking a page from Billy..I will no longer be posting here ;) 
You're wrong, many visit, read, some even pay attention, few post. It's been that way for a long long time. Guess I'm wondering why the need for the BIG announcement, just step away. If watcher said he's not looking for you I believe him.
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/November/2013 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by watcher watcher wrote:

(re: Observerofdoom): In 9 posts since showing up, you've said NOTHING. WTF would I care, even a tiny, tiny bit about your comfort level? You've demonstrated your posting abilities. You won't be missed. Have a nice time trolling the Review comments...

I almost never use emoticons, but on this occasion I gladly violate my policy.

At "obsurd": Good riddance, Censored.

And to Watcher, and… (ohhhhhh!) logic: Clap.

Btw, if you actually "took a page" from me, Ob, you'd write in something approximating complete, coherent sentences and have an actual fact or two at your disposal to offer people. Not that you could ever manage such a feat. 
Tourist
Tourist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Observerofdoom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/November/2013 at 11:19am
@ Billy, wow ...let's be honest here, you aren't exactly a Pulitzer Prize winning journalist...you do pretty well cutting & pasting...oh yeah and posting links of other peoples work.  Not sure your criticism of my writing style has the bite you intend...Ouch

Watcher - when you start discussing something remotely interesting I may join in, for now I will leave you to your Bingo..so thrilling ;) I don't have the time or patience to research your decade of mundane web postings...

Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/November/2013 at 11:30am
It's your thinking style that needs help, Obstrudy. As your snarky posts recently on the Review website in response to a simple question by Sharon Daly show, you're just an asshole. 
 Post Reply Post Reply