Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Soapbox
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A new low for troll vulgarity

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A new low for troll vulgarity
    Posted: 07/January/2014 at 4:58pm

Anyone easily offended should not read the rest of this post.

I am quite serious here. We’re going to be dealing with major troll droppings, and this one was particularly low-brow.

The controversy over not closing D91 schools during the sub-zero cold snap got heated, with lots of people weighing in on the Forest Park Review website comment section.

Many seemed to express genuine concern with the school district’s judgment. Others just blurted out unsubstantiated nonsense and over the top judgments.

Several people weighed in with the fact that places like the Library and Community Center and Park District were all open and staffed. Another pointed out that the decision to have crossing guards out was the village/police responsibility, not the school districts. 

I had the apparent temerity to note that “the library board is appointed by the mayor. So don't expect any guff from any of his supporters about forcing staff to report for work, wasting tax money or firing the exec. director for his supposed insensitivity, etc.

“Now that Commissioner Tom Mannix and a certain other Calderone ally have taken their cowardly Forest Park Truth Squad website and run away like the cowards they are, the only option is to cast aspersions here.”

I also said, “I guess those heartless folks at the Community Center don't care about the welfare of seniors and staff, huh? Hopefully Fast Amy and others will insist, no DEMAND that Mayor Calderone look into this egregious disregard for our seniors safety and summarily fire those responsible.”

Wellll! Talk about getting a rise out of someone.

Fast Eddie Pee from FoPo- who I like to refer to as Fast Amy- blew a gasket. 

“There's Billy conflating and regurgitating again, hey Nepoleon (sic) get down off your high horse and join reality you smegida. Billy you are one Joke Park weirdo, and save yourself the typing of your rhetorical nonesence (sic). We have your number Nepoleon (sic), grammar typos and all, who cares you get the point moron.”

“Smegida”? That sent me to the dictionary. But the only thing close to that I could find was “smegma.”

That term I’d heard of, as in “A sebaceous secretion in the folds of the skin, esp. under a man's foreskin.

(It also, by the way, can afflict women. There are more graphic descriptions, but I’ll spare you all.)

Frankly, I was puzzled as to why the mention of the late and unlamented Forest Park Truth Squad would trigger such a vulgar response from an anonymous troll. I mean, if I hadn’t spent two years in the Navy, swearing like, well, like a sailor, I would have been downright shocked and deeply offended. 

But I’m not, if for no other reason that (and sorry if this is more information than you asked for) I’m circumcised, so I’m not at risk of the aforementioned condition.

No, this is just one more instance of how very little trolls have to offer any forum. Because trolls, being the not particularly bright and rather sunlight aversive creatures they are, tend to project their own faults and weaknesses on others.

That’s why, no matter how detailed or reasoned your argument might be, trolls just spew garbage and project their own disturbed crap on you.

Fast Amy’s- or Eddie’s or whomever- mind can’t be a very comfortable place to be in, with it's own "sebaceous secretions." Being someone without the guts to stand up and stand behind what you say about people. Instead always lowering yourself to shrill school yard taunts in compensation for a lack of facts and articulateness.

Well, whatever. Or should I say, “lo que sea,” as they put it in Spanish. I’m off for warmer climes for the winter to write and relax and re-create myself. I’ll enjoy this frozen but yeasty pageant from afar for a while. 

Stay warm, FoPa. 

Edited by Bill Dwyer - 07/January/2014 at 5:29pm
Facts are a bitch and the truth most hurts the liars
 Post Reply Post Reply