Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Soapbox
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The real question behind the ChrisChristie scandal
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The real question behind the ChrisChristie scandal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The real question behind the ChrisChristie scandal
    Posted: 31/January/2014 at 6:14pm
Now that one of the aides New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie threw under the bus has alleged through his lawyer that he has evidence Christie was lying about knowledge of a conspiracy to close down a key commuter bridge for three days as retribution for refusal of a Democratic mayor to offer political support, the New Jersey Star-Ledger is calling for Christie to resign or be impeached if the charges are substantiated.

But this begs the real question that I think many Republicans have on their lips as this latest GOP scandal unfolds.

What did Hillary Clinton know about this bridge closure, and when did she know it? 
Facts are a bitch and the truth most hurts the liars
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/January/2014 at 11:15pm
Sad but true.
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2014 at 11:20pm
"Christie was lying about knowledge of a conspiracy"...

Don't believe the guy's statement was quite as cut n dry as you stated, Dwyer. However, there is an ongoing investigation. If Christie had prior knowledge, allowed it to happen, or contributed to the bridge closing in any way, he is not someone I would want to be president.
Bill Dwyer View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2014 at 3:56pm
Say what you want, logic- David Wildstein's lawyer wrote, and I quote, “evidence exists as well tying Mr. Christie to having knowledge of the lane closures, during the period when the lanes were closed, contrary to what the governor stated publicly in a two-hour press conference.”
He added, “Mr. Wildstein contests the accuracy of various statements that the governor made about him and he can prove the inaccuracy of some...”
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2014 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by Bill Dwyer Bill Dwyer wrote:

David Wildstein's lawyer wrote, and I quote, evidence exists as well tying Mr. Christie to having knowledge of the lane closures, during the period when the lanes were closed

Is that a joke?
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2014 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by logic logic wrote:

Is that a joke?

The U.S. Attorney for New Jersey doesn't think it a joke. Christie is sweating this. The "nothing to see here folks, move along" dodge didn't work. The data dumps haven't stopped the investigation. If anything, they've expanded the scope.

New York's side of the Port Authority structure is cautiously amused, but pissed off at the rank amatuerishness of New Jersey bullies because it could lead to prying eyes into their business.

As sideshows go, this has legs.

"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2014 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by watcher watcher wrote:

If this has legs the ongoing investigation should reveal same. My issue with the statement is that it's like stating, I knew my dog was dead when it died. I'm not a Christie fan and my comments about politicians aren't necessarily political. To me, it speaks more to the character of a person, know it's been a long time but you do remember that quality, don't you?
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/March/2014 at 12:40am
No, logic. As usual, you're the joke. I didn't make up anything. I quoted from documented sources, i.e., a lawyers letter on behalf of his client, alleging certain things. If you don't want to accept that, fine. But don't tell me I didn't get the quote right. I did, and you're wrong. 
If you have a problem with the person I quoted saying what I quoted them saying, take it up with them. 
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/March/2014 at 6:42am

If this has legs the ongoing investigation should reveal same. My issue with the statement is that it's like stating, I knew my dog was dead when it died. I'm not a Christie fan and my comments about politicians aren't necessarily political. To me, it speaks more to the character of a person, know it's been a long time but you do remember that quality, don't you?

The most damning claims coming out of the Bridge/Sandy developments are "We followed the law", "It's all been legal" and "This is how everybody does it." Clever shit, backed by big money and non-transparency.

Locally Chris Welch will be running unopposed thanks to the Crook County petition challenge advantage and the State's "Loser laws". The process provides that ethical taint is assured while procedural advantage limits access to the ballot.

There is a club. You're not in it.

"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/March/2014 at 7:45am
No, Bill, as usual, you missed the boat, AGAIN. You're like a horse with blinders on, no peripheral vision. Have no issue with you quoting or repeating the allegation, the problem is his vague statement. You're never vague, Bill, only DUMB.
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/March/2014 at 8:51am

Locally Chris Welch will be running unopposed thanks to the Crook County petition challenge advantage and the State's "Loser laws". The process provides that ethical taint is assured while procedural advantage limits access to the ballot.
Which in turn, begets aberrations who no longer resemble what they were meant to be, PUBLIC SERVANTS. Don't know why I'm still surprised when more than a few candidates are running unopposed on a ballot. Why bother with an election, save the taxpayers some money.
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/March/2014 at 1:26pm
Yes, logic. I'm the dumb one. Of course. You keep enjoying living in that fact-proof mind of yours. 
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/March/2014 at 3:40pm

Which in turn, begets aberrations who no longer resemble what they were meant to be, PUBLIC SERVANTS. Don't know why I'm still surprised when more than a few candidates are running unopposed on a ballot. Why bother with an election, save the taxpayers some money.

So what is your solution? Or more to the point, who, of your candidates, in the upcoming primaries has even acknowledged this as an issue? Unopposed can either mean the incumbent has done an excellent job representing his constituency or they've gamed the system. How is the average poke and hope voter to know the difference?

jerry View Drop Down
Citizen
Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/March/2014 at 5:39pm
Bill, Hillary did not know there was a problem at Bengazi, even these people had been asking for extra security for months. 
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/March/2014 at 8:36pm
Don't understand what Bengazi has to do with Chris Christie's involvement with the bridge lane closures. 
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/March/2014 at 1:06am
Originally posted by Bill Dwyer Bill Dwyer wrote:

What did Hillary Clinton know about this bridge closure, and when did she know it?
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/March/2014 at 8:17am

So what is your solution? Or more to the point, who, of your candidates, in the upcoming primaries has even acknowledged this as an issue? Unopposed can either mean the incumbent has done an excellent job representing his constituency or they've gamed the system. How is the average poke and hope voter to know the difference?
Would love to give a bright, intelligent answer, have none, other than possibly term limits but where has that gone? Haven't given much thought to the primaries or any candidate, politics isn't a priority at this time. Those who may consider seeking office, for all the right reasons, probably believe they can't win or are unwilling to subject family members/friends to what can be ugly campaign battles. Excuse me for agreeing with Rush here, the average voter may very well be a "low-information voter".

Edited by logic - 11/March/2014 at 8:38am
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/March/2014 at 9:17pm

Would love to give a bright, intelligent answer, have none.

Thanks for the honesty, logic. At least you're a good mom, I hear. 
 Post Reply Post Reply