Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Soapbox
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The real question behind the ChrisChristie scandal
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The real question behind the ChrisChristie scandal

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message
Bill Dwyer View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar
Avatar

Joined: 31/August/2013
Status: Offline
Points: 1312
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The real question behind the ChrisChristie scandal
    Posted: 31/January/2014 at 6:14pm
Now that one of the aides New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie threw under the bus has alleged through his lawyer that he has evidence Christie was lying about knowledge of a conspiracy to close down a key commuter bridge for three days as retribution for refusal of a Democratic mayor to offer political support, the New Jersey Star-Ledger is calling for Christie to resign or be impeached if the charges are substantiated.

But this begs the real question that I think many Republicans have on their lips as this latest GOP scandal unfolds.

What did Hillary Clinton know about this bridge closure, and when did she know it? 
Facts are a bitch and the truth most hurts the liars
Back to Top
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 11750
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/January/2014 at 11:15pm
Sad but true.
Back to Top
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority


Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 5290
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/March/2014 at 11:20pm
"Christie was lying about knowledge of a conspiracy"...

Don't believe the guy's statement was quite as cut n dry as you stated, Dwyer. However, there is an ongoing investigation. If Christie had prior knowledge, allowed it to happen, or contributed to the bridge closing in any way, he is not someone I would want to be president.
Back to Top
Bill Dwyer View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar
Avatar

Joined: 31/August/2013
Status: Offline
Points: 1312
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2014 at 3:56pm
Say what you want, logic- David Wildstein's lawyer wrote, and I quote, “evidence exists as well tying Mr. Christie to having knowledge of the lane closures, during the period when the lanes were closed, contrary to what the governor stated publicly in a two-hour press conference.”
He added, “Mr. Wildstein contests the accuracy of various statements that the governor made about him and he can prove the inaccuracy of some...”
Facts are a bitch and the truth most hurts the liars
Back to Top
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority


Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 5290
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2014 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by Bill Dwyer Bill Dwyer wrote:

David Wildstein's lawyer wrote, and I quote, evidence exists as well tying Mr. Christie to having knowledge of the lane closures, during the period when the lanes were closed


Is that a joke?
Back to Top
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar
Active here since 2001

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 6284
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2014 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by logic logic wrote:

Is that a joke?


The U.S. Attorney for New Jersey doesn't think it a joke. Christie is sweating this. The "nothing to see here folks, move along" dodge didn't work. The data dumps haven't stopped the investigation. If anything, they've expanded the scope.

New York's side of the Port Authority structure is cautiously amused, but pissed off at the rank amatuerishness of New Jersey bullies because it could lead to prying eyes into their business.

As sideshows go, this has legs.



"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
Back to Top
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority


Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 5290
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/March/2014 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by watcher watcher wrote:

As sideshows go, this has legs.


If this has legs the ongoing investigation should reveal same. My issue with the statement is that it's like stating, I knew my dog was dead when it died. I'm not a Christie fan and my comments about politicians aren't necessarily political. To me, it speaks more to the character of a person, know it's been a long time but you do remember that quality, don't you?
Back to Top
Bill Dwyer View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar
Avatar

Joined: 31/August/2013
Status: Offline
Points: 1312
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/March/2014 at 12:40am
No, logic. As usual, you're the joke. I didn't make up anything. I quoted from documented sources, i.e., a lawyers letter on behalf of his client, alleging certain things. If you don't want to accept that, fine. But don't tell me I didn't get the quote right. I did, and you're wrong. 
If you have a problem with the person I quoted saying what I quoted them saying, take it up with them. 
Facts are a bitch and the truth most hurts the liars
Back to Top
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar
Active here since 2001

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 6284
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/March/2014 at 6:42am
Originally posted by logic logic wrote:

Originally posted by watcher watcher wrote:

As sideshows go, this has legs.


If this has legs the ongoing investigation should reveal same. My issue with the statement is that it's like stating, I knew my dog was dead when it died. I'm not a Christie fan and my comments about politicians aren't necessarily political. To me, it speaks more to the character of a person, know it's been a long time but you do remember that quality, don't you?


The most damning claims coming out of the Bridge/Sandy developments are "We followed the law", "It's all been legal" and "This is how everybody does it." Clever shit, backed by big money and non-transparency.

Locally Chris Welch will be running unopposed thanks to the Crook County petition challenge advantage and the State's "Loser laws". The process provides that ethical taint is assured while procedural advantage limits access to the ballot.

There is a club. You're not in it.

"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
Back to Top
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority


Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 5290
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/March/2014 at 7:45am
No, Bill, as usual, you missed the boat, AGAIN. You're like a horse with blinders on, no peripheral vision. Have no issue with you quoting or repeating the allegation, the problem is his vague statement. You're never vague, Bill, only DUMB.
Back to Top
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority


Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 5290
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/March/2014 at 8:51am
Originally posted by watcher watcher wrote:

Locally Chris Welch will be running unopposed thanks to the Crook County petition challenge advantage and the State's "Loser laws". The process provides that ethical taint is assured while procedural advantage limits access to the ballot.
Which in turn, begets aberrations who no longer resemble what they were meant to be, PUBLIC SERVANTS. Don't know why I'm still surprised when more than a few candidates are running unopposed on a ballot. Why bother with an election, save the taxpayers some money.
Back to Top
Bill Dwyer View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar
Avatar

Joined: 31/August/2013
Status: Offline
Points: 1312
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/March/2014 at 1:26pm
Yes, logic. I'm the dumb one. Of course. You keep enjoying living in that fact-proof mind of yours. 
Facts are a bitch and the truth most hurts the liars
Back to Top
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar
Active here since 2001

Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 6284
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/March/2014 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by logic logic wrote:

Which in turn, begets aberrations who no longer resemble what they were meant to be, PUBLIC SERVANTS. Don't know why I'm still surprised when more than a few candidates are running unopposed on a ballot. Why bother with an election, save the taxpayers some money.


So what is your solution? Or more to the point, who, of your candidates, in the upcoming primaries has even acknowledged this as an issue? Unopposed can either mean the incumbent has done an excellent job representing his constituency or they've gamed the system. How is the average poke and hope voter to know the difference?

"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
Back to Top
jerry View Drop Down
Citizen
Citizen


Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 324
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/March/2014 at 5:39pm
Bill, Hillary did not know there was a problem at Bengazi, even these people had been asking for extra security for months. 
Back to Top
Bill Dwyer View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar
Avatar

Joined: 31/August/2013
Status: Offline
Points: 1312
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/March/2014 at 8:36pm
Don't understand what Bengazi has to do with Chris Christie's involvement with the bridge lane closures. 
Facts are a bitch and the truth most hurts the liars
Back to Top
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority


Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 5290
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/March/2014 at 1:06am
Originally posted by Bill Dwyer Bill Dwyer wrote:


What did Hillary Clinton know about this bridge closure, and when did she know it?
Back to Top
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority


Joined: 05/November/2007
Status: Offline
Points: 5290
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/March/2014 at 8:17am
Originally posted by watcher watcher wrote:

So what is your solution? Or more to the point, who, of your candidates, in the upcoming primaries has even acknowledged this as an issue? Unopposed can either mean the incumbent has done an excellent job representing his constituency or they've gamed the system. How is the average poke and hope voter to know the difference?
Would love to give a bright, intelligent answer, have none, other than possibly term limits but where has that gone? Haven't given much thought to the primaries or any candidate, politics isn't a priority at this time. Those who may consider seeking office, for all the right reasons, probably believe they can't win or are unwilling to subject family members/friends to what can be ugly campaign battles. Excuse me for agreeing with Rush here, the average voter may very well be a "low-information voter".

Edited by logic - 11/March/2014 at 8:38am
Back to Top
Bill Dwyer View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar
Avatar

Joined: 31/August/2013
Status: Offline
Points: 1312
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/March/2014 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by logic logic wrote:

Originally posted by watcher watcher wrote:

So what is your solution? Or more to the point, who, of your candidates, in the upcoming primaries has even acknowledged this as an issue? Unopposed can either mean the incumbent has done an excellent job representing his constituency or they've gamed the system. How is the average poke and hope voter to know the difference?
Would love to give a bright, intelligent answer, have none.

Thanks for the honesty, logic. At least you're a good mom, I hear. 
Facts are a bitch and the truth most hurts the liars
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 10.03
Copyright ©2001-2011 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.047 seconds.
A.Lange & Sohne Langematik Tourbillon Replica Watches ,and it must be a dream replica watches. Brand, style, visibility, features are absolutely assiduous, they not only added to their own sort of power in the rolex replica sale, and certainly can bear, "handed down" in the name. Now here is a fantastic choice for you, if you heard of Langematik Tourbillon rolex replica sale , this article will be much helpful to you. The function of a breitling replica sale is no longer confined to more of a symbol used to reflect personal taste. For men, the rolex replica uk is a symbol of their status; the contrary, a woman wearing a replica watches in addition to at the time, the greatest use is decorative, fashion Langematik Tourbillon breitling replica sale , elegance, style, simplicity, there is a pressing vulgarity temperament.