Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Soapbox
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oh, look! Tom Mannix goes negative again

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oh, look! Tom Mannix goes negative again
    Posted: 01/February/2014 at 5:40pm

Tom Mannix has a hand in three campaigns, two as campaign manager. Which raises questions for Jim Oberweis, I'd think. 

If I’m running for U.S. Senate, a race I’ve already lost twice before, and which pits me against the 2nd ranking senate member, Richard Durbin, and I have millions in personal wealth to pay good people for guidance, I’d be demanding my campaign manager would at the very least be fully focused on my interests.

Not the manager of another campaign, a consultant on a third and a paid commissioner for a village. Not to mention Mannix’s other job with Calumet City.

Now, Jim Oberweis needs no help from Mannix or anyone else when it comes to going negative and talking out of his ass. He's a master. But school teacher Amanda Mancke, who doesn't have Oberweis's bank account but has, like him, lost more than one political campaign, probably isn't a particularly nasty type on her own. 

But true to the Mannix smear over substance style, the Mancke campaign has quickly gone negative. In a release on the campaign website, posted January 17, by “the admin,” that is, Tom Mannix, Mancke announces, “The Illinois State Board of Elections (ISBE) has begun to review the filings of the Friends of Mark Batinick political campaign committee following a complaint regarding a violation of the limitations allowed by individual contributors.”

“According to Mr. Batinck’s filings with the State Board of Elections, he received 300% of the legally allowable contributions by an individual, in this case, from Bruce Rauner. The individual contribution limit is $5,300, which should be known by both parties, but the A-1 forms filed by Batinick indicate that he accepted $15,900 from Rauner — 3 times the limit,” said opponent Amanda Mancke. “The biggest problem I have with this is a multi-millionaire candidate sticking his sizable bank account into a Will/Kendall County Republican State Representative primary 100 miles from Rauner’s Winnetka home. With another $5,300 from Rauner’s wife, that’s $21,200 total from the Rauner family checkbook.”

Frankly, I think the "biggest problem" Mancke has with the Rauner family's five figure contribution is that it alone is larger that all of what she's been able to raise so far. 

In any event, the truth of the matter, as it so often is with anything Tom Mannix touches, is a bit different.

On Jan. 17, the same day Mannix posted news of the alleged campaign contribution violation on Mancke’s website, Batinck’s campaign treasurer Tony Fremarek filed a letter with the Illinois State Board of Elections (ISBE), stating that the Rauner contributions were filed in error.

“The A-1 filed… in the amount of $10,600 was attributed to Bruce Rauner, when it should have been two separate A-1s, each for $5,300, attributed to Bruce Rauner and to Diana Rauner” Fremarek wrote. “I have deleted the $10,600 entry in the IDIS 3.0 reporting system.”

No note of the correction has been filed by Mannix or anyone else on the Mancke website. And don't hold your breath waiting.

Edited by Bill Dwyer - 01/February/2014 at 5:45pm
Facts are a bitch and the truth most hurts the liars
 Post Reply Post Reply