Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Media Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Amy Rita has questions, I have answers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Amy Rita has questions, I have answers
    Posted: 13/April/2014 at 5:35pm

Amy Rita's been busy. Besides pocketing $600 from the Oberweis Senate campaign for services rendered, she's asking FoPa residents for their opinions for an upcoming article in her bi-monthly Calderone house organ. 

The email:

Dear Forest Park Resident–

One of our writers is creating an article for the May/June issue of The Post, and we would like you to consider taking a few minutes to write a few responses to the questions below. Don’t feel like you must answer all of them, but if you feel compelled to touch on a few in particular, please do.

Feel free to pass these questions along to any other Forest Park Residents in your life.

If you can respond by Tuesday, April15, I would appreciate it greatly.

Thank you,

Amy Rita

p.s. you can remain anonymous if you would prefer. 

Ahhh. Amy likes anonymous posts. Makes her feel brave on the FPR website.

Anyways, I had a few minutes, and answers to some of the Post's questions. But I figured my answers would never make it out of whatever little editing Rita manages to do with the Post. So I'm posting them here, with her questions. 

Btw, I sincerely think Rita's gotten more sophisticated since she ran that silly little Q&A with Emanuel "Chris!!!" Welch a few years ago. The one in which she asked him such probing questions as his favorite band and what he had in his refrigerator. 

Questions

Your name:

Bill Dwyer

How long have you lived in Forest Park?

Almost nine years.

If you could be mayor for a day and could only do one thing-what would it be?

Dump the Commission form of government.

If you could change one thing about the environment you live in what would it be?

Have genuinely committed, intelligent, qualified people elected to the village council who serve the best interests of the many, not the few. 

Do you feel like you have any say in what happens in Forest Park?

You’re kidding, right? Do I look like Tony Calderone? You can’t really be from Forest Park asking a question like that.

What are you most proud of in Forest Park?

The numerous outspoken Gentiles who originated from Oak Park. They add so much to the dialogue here.  

What do you love about living in Forest Park?

It used to be the lower property taxes, but the waste and inefficiencies, as well as needless legal expenses for a long history of village civil suit losses, along with village leadership’s support of a corrupt and wasteful D209 administration have more than doubled my property taxes in just nine years. Then again, I have great neighbors.

What drives you crazy about living in Forest Park?

Poorly educated, poorly trained, unoriginal elected officials unqualified for their jobs who are too insecure about their limited capabilities to accept a wide range of opinion in their decision-making processes.  

Is there anything you would you like to see changed in terms of parks and recreational services?

Turning the several small village operated park spaces over to professionals at the park district.  

If there was one thing you could do to help beautify Forest Park what would you do?

Remove the current troika controlling village governance. 

Edited by Bill Dwyer - 13/April/2014 at 5:39pm
Facts are a bitch and the truth most hurts the liars
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13/April/2014 at 6:36pm
I wonder what Forest Park reisidents received this? I know one did not come to my house.
Bill Dwyer View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15/April/2014 at 11:13am
Wonder if the Post will run a Q & A about the $650,000 settlement FoPa just approved for one of its cops having sex with a minor after buying her drinks in a bar. No, sorry, what am I thinking? See no evil, speak no evil, right, Amy?

Certainly 'speak no truth.'
backman View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/April/2014 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by piehead piehead wrote:

I wonder what Forest Park reisidents received this? I know one did not come to my house.

I did not receive this either.
backman
Bill Dwyer View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19/April/2014 at 8:08pm
You don't count, Backman. Everyone knows that.  :- )
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20/April/2014 at 10:20am
Maybe the village is having the crack team at Images conduct the survey. They do a wonderful job. Oh wait, they got a whole 200 people in the entire village to submit surveys! Pretty piss poor in my opinion.
 Post Reply Post Reply