Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Main Discussion Board
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mannix and the Oberweis campaign

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/July/2014 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by Bill Dwyer Bill Dwyer wrote:

Can't stay away, can you, dear?

Like a moth to a flame, dear, you're my flame.

Can't stay away from Observer, can you, Bill? Ever ask yourself why?
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/July/2014 at 10:31pm

The integrity of the debate rests on the honesty of the debater. Period.
Didn't I just post something like that. You agree with me?
Bill Dwyer View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/July/2014 at 10:42pm
Oh, bullshit, watcher. Nothing "prevents/dissuades/repels" anyone from responding as they see fit. Are you really negating free will? Do you really believe people are that weak?

That argument is below you. I accept people being disdainful of my argumentative bend. But it's crap to suggest my bend stops anyone from doing what they see fit on this or any other website. 

The trolls here and on the FPR are assholes, intent only on hijacking the thread. 

I'll, say it yet again. Debate me forthrightly and honestly, you'll get a like reply. Do othrwise, and stand by. 

Have I called you a name, watcher? Have I insulted your intelligence? The answer is no, because I have no reason to do so. I don't fire on people out of outrage or intolerance over differing opinion. I fire on people who spew unsubstantiated crap in place of thoughtful opinion. 

To all who chaff at my ruder posts, try going back and reading the posts that elaborate on my point of view. I go to pains to express those points of view, and I reject the notion that any combative responses to trolls negate the value of those opinions.

To those who can't or won't bother to discern between the two, I say, piss off. 
Facts are a bitch and the truth most hurts the liars
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/July/2014 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by logic logic wrote:

The integrity of the debate rests on the honesty of the debater. Period.
Didn't I just post something like that. You agree with me?

Here's some homework, dear. Try elaborating on that, and not just relying on regurgitation like "Didn't I just post something like that." 

What exactly did you "just say like that"? In your own words. Don't expect a real response. but surprise me.
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/July/2014 at 11:00pm

Oh, bullshit, watcher. Nothing prevents/dissuades/repels anyone from responding as they see fit. Are you really negating free will? Do you really believe people are that weak?
There are many expressions of thought, opinions I would have liked to post but refrained from doing so b/c it wasn't worth the constant battle, unpleasantness. You won't move over and leave a little space for those who may disagree with you. They always have to prove something. Why? Maybe, just maybe, there are some people who post on this forum who have nothing to prove.
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/July/2014 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by logic logic wrote:

Can't stay away, can you, dear?

Like a moth to a flame, dear, you're my flame.

Can't stay away from Observer, can you, Bill? Ever ask yourself why?

Why don't you tell me, as you obviously feel so clever? Are logic and Observer the same? If so, oh, gosh, how very clever to think of such a ploy. 

That would make two pseudonyms for one person. Congratulations, if that's the case. 

But your comment begs the question: what makes you want to make the flame? You like moths? 

'Scuse me while I concentrate on Steely Dan on my iPod. 'Night, clever woman. 

Edited by Bill Dwyer - 27/July/2014 at 11:02pm
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/July/2014 at 11:03pm

Didn't I just post something like that.
Here's your surprise, Bill, I won't restate what's obvious to everyone but you.
logic View Drop Down
Local Authority
Local Authority

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote logic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/July/2014 at 11:06pm
That's a stretch, Bill, even for you, I'm sure you'll find Steely Dan better company, they won't talk back.
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/July/2014 at 9:29am
Got any Ray Stevens on that Ipod?

"There is none so blind as he who will not see.
We must not close our minds; we must let our thoughts be free.
For every hour that passes by, we know the world gets a little bit older.
It's time to realize that beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder.

And everything is beautiful in it's own way.
Like the starry summer night, or a snow-covered winter's day.
Oh, sing it children!
Everybody's beautiful in their own way.
Under God's heaven, the world's gonna find the way."

Oh, bullshit, watcher. Nothing "prevents/dissuades/repels" anyone from responding as they see fit. Are you really negating free will? Do you really believe people are that weak?

That argument is below you. I accept people being disdainful of my argumentative bend. But it's crap to suggest my bend stops anyone from doing what they see fit on this or any other website.

The trolls here and on the FPR are assholes, intent only on hijacking the thread.

I'll, say it yet again. Debate me forthrightly and honestly, you'll get a like reply. Do othrwise, and stand by.

Have I called you a name, watcher? Have I insulted your intelligence? The answer is no, because I have no reason to do so. I don't fire on people out of outrage or intolerance over differing opinion. I fire on people who spew unsubstantiated crap in place of thoughtful opinion.

To all who chaff at my ruder posts, try going back and reading the posts that elaborate on my point of view. I go to pains to express those points of view, and I reject the notion that any combative responses to trolls negate the value of those opinions.

To those who can't or won't bother to discern between the two, I say, piss off.

You can't disagree without being disagreeable. That's a prerequisite for civil discourse. You have a talent with words. That's a great toolbox, but you prefer the big hammer for every task of late.

It doesn't matter what notions you reject. It really does matter what notions others accept. It's not me rejecting free will, it's not a matter of strength or weakness. It's a matter of value and worth.
People have moved on from here. Others have chosen not to offer their thoughts. That's their free will reacting to the present tone. Why should they bother? So you can tell them they're wrong? Because you know and they don't? How's that working out?

"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12