Forest Park Forums Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Discussion > Media Discussions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Troll scat on the FP Review website

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Troll scat on the FP Review website
    Posted: 27/July/2014 at 12:39pm
Deprived of their outhouse at the defunct Tom Mannix-crafted Forest Park Turd Squid, a couple of trolls have taking to crapping all over the Forest Park Review comment board in recent days. 

A local resident, Marilyn Hill, took the unforgivable action- in the ever-challenged minds of Calderone supporters- of criticizing the mayor's unilateral decision to use village funds and workers to install a speed bump in his alley, after doing the same to install a guard rail against his property fence.

Ms. Hill has been castigated, and now a small number of trolls, perhaps just one, have or has taken to repeatedly attacking Hill and one other well-intentioned but rather clueless commenter- Fair is Fair.

When the troll couldn't think of any more words or phrases to type, the troll proceeded to simply cut and paste text from Googled websites onto the comment section.

Been copying it all for future reference. It's a valuable tool for peering into the troll mind- which is itself sort of like looking down inside a port-potty. 

Welcome to the 2015 election season and the troll's sense of dialogue.

A brief review of things.

The morning of July 17, Sharon Daley wrote a simple one sentence comment, “Sincerely sorry for your disappointment, which is a common trajectory here.”

Shortly there after I opined “Get ready for the blow back from trolls and Calderone apologists, Marilyn. Because in Forest Park, any criticism of the administration is never viewed as honest concern or difference of opinion, but as a character flaw by the person expressing the concern.”

I’ve ever been more correct or accurate- unfortunately. The responses between July 19 and around the 20thwere relatively normal troll nonsense. That increased on the 21st, and went increasingly nuts there after.

The blow back came like a gusher. But a gusher a mile wide and an inch deep. From just a few, maybe just two people, and most of it likely from one person using several dozen web monikers.

Dialogue? That is the very last thing the Calderone administration or its supporters want. When you can’t craft a focused, coherent and honest argument, you do what the trolls do- hijack the conversation and smear shit over everything. And always- always- anonymously.  

Because even trolls realize deep within their dimwitted psyches that they’d be ridiculed and held in distain if they were ever publicly identified.  

More to come as time allows. 

Edited by Bill Dwyer - 27/July/2014 at 1:00pm
Facts are a bitch and the truth most hurts the liars
jerry View Drop Down
Citizen
Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27/July/2014 at 5:05pm
Bill, who knows maybe all this crap will blow up in their face.  One can only hope.
Bill Dwyer View Drop Down
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/July/2014 at 9:17am
Up to 438 comments, slowing down. Lately attacks have been focused on Sharon. Some on me. All anonymous, of course. 
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/July/2014 at 10:24am
And probably all from the same persons. I thought all village employees (and electeds) had to sign a form about using social media and whatnot. Wouldn't this fall under that (if they are village people doing the trolling)?
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/July/2014 at 11:07am
I assume the FPR could turn off comments if it wanted.
Apparently they choose not to.

"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/July/2014 at 3:14pm
Actually, they're working on a fix. I think the decision was to not cut off legitimate comments due to a couple of trolls. 
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28/July/2014 at 3:45pm
It is just too bad that our elected officials can't play by the same rules that we normal citizens must abide by. Would eliminate Ms. Hill's letter to the editor in the first place!
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/July/2014 at 9:38am
Stand by, folks. Stand by. 
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/July/2014 at 11:30am
Originally posted by piehead piehead wrote:

It is just too bad that our elected officials can't play by the same rules that we normal citizens must abide by. Would eliminate Ms. Hill's letter to the editor in the first place!

I had only one nit to pick with the letter.

Originally posted by LTE LTE wrote:

Suddenly, the rosy vision got very clear. Just another small town, with a small town mayor, whose past success has led to a sense of entitlement that, apparently, has blurred the lines of responsible public service.

MATC's sense of entitlement has been there since his time on the Fire & Police board, if not his whole life. He moved to the fishbowl on Jackson to reflect his elevated stature as Mayor. That was his choice. He upped his standards. Up yours!
Not long after taking over as mayor, it came to light that the village gas pump behind village hall was being misused. The village's rainy day account(s) were emptied and his first term was marked by layoffs that were tinged with settling old scores and questions about MATC's name being emblazoned on everything. Have we all forgotten the expensive "Mayor Calerone's Y2K New Years Party" on Mad St. complete with fireworks hitting the rooftops?

Reprehensible public service. Keep It Going!
"It is a wreave belief that we already are in Hell."- Tuluk in Frank Herbert's "Whipping Star"
piehead View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piehead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/July/2014 at 1:03pm
I've never been a big fan of the mayor. Don't care for that superiority type attitude (especially when it is not warranted). The give sugar to get sugar mentality. Ugh!

Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/July/2014 at 4:19pm
Dan Haley just posted a comment on the FPR website. 

THe IT people identified 156 troll posts coming from the same IP address, with about 50 aliases used. They've blocked the asshole from posting there. 

http://www.forestparkreview.com/News/Articles/7-15-2014/Small_town-charm-wearing-off/#Comment-69e5ac5d94d1eb01d3a6c455113afcec

Edited by Bill Dwyer - 29/July/2014 at 4:20pm
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/July/2014 at 4:25pm
Now let's see how many snarky posts, and by how many people, are made in response to Haley's post. 

Edited by Bill Dwyer - 29/July/2014 at 4:25pm
jerry View Drop Down
Citizen
Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/July/2014 at 4:31pm
I wonder if they know who the poster was and are showing more class by not printing their name?
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/July/2014 at 4:54pm
No. Dan said they do not know the poster's name, just the IP. I do hope they release all the fake names attached to the IP address. I'll be happy to go through them. 
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/July/2014 at 6:02pm

Obstrudy posted a comment on the FPR comment board this afternoon, to wit: "Dan (Haley) - Thank you for the thoughtful response to this "event" It's also a reminder that if you write a letter, sign it and wish to have it printed in the newspaper, your statements & opinions are subject to rebuttal and scrutiny..some agree, some don't.

@ Bill, you have admitted in the past to using multiple pseudonyms, your condemnation of the tactic is interesting..I don't do that, perhaps you can write about your experiences & explain the disorder and what led you to that behavior."

I'll be back with samples of Obstudy's idea of thoughtful posts a bit latter.

Btw, this is what Dan published in the wake of similar troll tsunamis coming from a site linked to adjudicated serial liar Emanuel "Chris!!!" Welch.

http://www.oakpark.com/News/Articles/1-22-2013/Meet-Chris-Welch/ 

watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29/July/2014 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by Bill Dwyer Bill Dwyer wrote:

Dan Haley just posted a comment on the FPR website.

THe IT people identified 156 troll posts coming from the same IP address, with about 50 aliases used. They've blocked the asshole from posting there.

They need much better IT people. Most IP addresses are dynamic not static. The asshole can simply "release and reacquire" and be back in the game. There are too many ways to bypass these FPR IT whizzes. FPR would be better off with a few kids from the computer club @ OPRF.

It's not just the 156 troll posts, it's the responses to those from people with no self-control or sense of proportion. The trolls win when the place is buried in feces. The casual reader doesn't try to figure out who's right and who's an asshole. They simply quit reading. The trolls win again.

You've properly identified the scat. So I ask politely, Why administer laxatives?

Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/July/2014 at 1:37pm
The trolls are in need of no laxative. Rresponding to a person or people hijacking the FPR comments board is not exhibiting a lack of a sense of proportion. 

And unless you have access to the FPR website's infrastructure, you can't say with any certainty who does or doesn't read the FPR comments. You simply don't know.

You have your opinion, Watcher. I have mine. They differ. So be it. 

watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30/July/2014 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Bill Dwyer Bill Dwyer wrote:

The trolls are in need of no laxative. Rresponding to a person or people hijacking the FPR comments board is not exhibiting a lack of a sense of proportion.

And unless you have access to the FPR website's infrastructure, you can't say with any certainty who does or doesn't read the FPR comments. You simply don't know.

You have your opinion, Watcher. I have mine. They differ. So be it.

whatever nonsensical reply is festering in your addled mind.
This is FUN. C'mon, try it. Civility has its place, but mocking the dips hits on this board is a great hobby.
@ we'll miss you; Did you look for me today, weak in the head? Was there for around an hour, all around. And you never said hi. Wonder why.
See, Fair? Be as reasonable and fair as you care to be. You'll still be a 'rabid watchdog' to the pee-brained trolls. ----You'll learn.
I 'lose for mentioning Hitler'? How's that exactly, Flipper? Hitler was the elected head of government in Germany. By the absurd reasoning of Roman 13, his governance was ordained by God, and not to be opposed. It's so black and white even a moron like you should be able to follow it.
You wake up and go to bed flummoxed & confused, Obstrudy. Copying this all down so people can see in the future what the common troll's idea of dialogue is. Sharon won't take it to FPF, but I will. In hindsight, perhaps it wasn't beneficial to call out the cowards behind the Turd Squid. I'm thinking people of limited mental capacity like yourself and the multiple nym poster at least had somewhere harmless to go with the Turd Squid when they felt the need to roll in crap. Now they come here.
According to this deceitful clown who's posted more than 200 times under myriad 'nyms, you're trying to sell us all something 'very low and some might think morally bankrupt.' I'll be interested to see how you feel in say, five years after dealing with this sort of human garbage, You'll either 1. stop posting, 2. move or 3. take awarder edge in your own writing.
And you're still a boy, "We'll." How touching. Always will be. How pathetic. Go hug your mother, boy.
Religious Victim- Stand by, you phoney a-hole.
Thanks for the belly laugh, Wonk, you idiot. 'showing up at public events he's at'? Yep, that's right. I always show up for events I'm at. Otherwise, see, umm, I wouldn't be there, in other words, wouldn't have shown up.
Sharon! Did you just call Policy wonk a 'wanker'? For shame! You should be above such brutal, uncivil, I might even terrifying tactics. That's my purview.
Awww, now I've done it. Gone and terrified people. There's that overwrought, disturbed troll mind at work again. I respond to a challenge from some anonymous coward with 'say it to my face,' and it get regurgitated as '"you stinking stupid idiot cowardly apologist meet me in an alley." Because, when trolls can't make a coherent argument against someone's position, they make up things and criticize that. Just to keep this on point, Ms. Hill makes valid points. The trolls don't care how valid.
Below is a perfect case in point why I don't bother worrying about what the ignorant trolls here think of my posts. Because in the troll's eyes Ms. Hill didn't merely express a concern. She is engaging in 'irate rage.' You can't argue with sick minds and pathological liars, and the administration apologists here are both.
One last comment on this, Fair. When a person lies, calling them a liar isn't 'name calling.' When a person is deceitful, labeling them as such isn't name calling. When an elected official is incompetent or is arrogant or cheats or allows things to continue that should be confronted and stopped, calling them out and labeling their behavior in unflattering, even rude terms, is not name calling. It's calling a spade a spade. Stick to your sense of etiquette, Fair. I'll continue speaking my mind.
Oh, get over it, Fair. Look around. Ask around. I'm not the problem. Good luck getting my posts delated simply because you don't like me arguing. Takes a bit more than that.
Hmmm. 'Your research and passion for truth have been invaluable, your insatiable appetite for insult battles with people who dont matter a whit, not so much.' Well, thank you, and thank you, not so much? It's pretty simple, Fair. I like doing both. And I intend to continue doing both. Join in. Don't join in. Your choice. I make my own choices and live with the consequences.
So Fair, you, who have posted 41 comments on this one thread, are telling me, who's posted 21 times- half your frequency- that 'this board doesn't belong to me.'? Thanks for the heads up. I respect the points you've made, but flatly disagree with your contention that it's inappropriate to engage the trolls here. All due respect, tough if you don't like it. Spare me the 'take it outside the bar' analogy. You admit you're new to this culture. I've dealt with it for years, and the gloves are off.
Fair is Fair, here's the beginner's guide to this website comment board. Read what you want, ignore what want. If reading people's posts make this 'unreadable,' stop complaining about it and skip to the next post. I don't require or beg for anyone to read what I write, or to agree with me. But it's really a bit too much to contend that heated arguments in print make something unreadable. You're an educated adult. Navigate through it and stop conflating your annoyance with your ability to read.
The only model valued in Forest Park government is 'm,' not 'we' FiF. So there's nothing for 'we' to work toward. The little man cherished his choke hold on village government and doing whatever he wants. And that's not going to change anytime soon. --- Now I await whatever poorly articulated attack-reply is forthcoming from Sybil and the 20-plus identities Sybil uses here.
To my face, 'We'll miss you Bill.' Say it to my face.
' I wasn't 'spew(ing) a bunch of nasty names at no one in particular.' I was spewing all those nasty names at your cowardly hide, you anonymous troll. You're a cretin, EC. Like all the rest of your ilk.
We have a comparable situation here on a much smaller scale in which the cowardly, shallow, ignorant and dishonest anonymous rantings of the pro-administration trolls have lost Lisa Haeger. Keep it up, trolls. You're showing your true colors. What do you do know?
That is the sole purview of the trolls infesting this site.
Oh, no! Not the dreaded, 'terrifying taunt.' How utterly barbaric of Calderone's critics. No wonder the police are involved. I hear tell they've recovered a note from the perpetrator reading 'Stop me before I taunt again.' -----LOL. You sorry people need serious psychotherapeutic intervention.
You need to seek professional help, 'A Resident.' There are medications to address your condition. But you have to want it.
. As regards Forest Park PTBs and their apologists, there's no fine line between clever and stupid. There's a chasm, and the mayoral defenders posting here are on the far side of stupid. These aren't people remotely capable of cleverness or intelligent commentary. They're the drunks at the end of the bar, the boorish clown you regret inviting to the party. They're the dim-witted face of Proviso politics and the Proviso Way.
think 'Sure' is ever so very manly, in a Proviso sort of way, with his disdainful, misogynistic and homophobic comments? Cowardly anonymous, of course. But the boys at the saloon are thumping the bar and applauding
Hush, the Proviso Township brain trust speaks. 'The mayor can address your concerns, which will be thankless obviously, and simple thankfully.' Well, Thinking bout Politics, if it's so simple, why not just address it? Could it be that he feels he's not answerable to anyone for anything he does? And THING about politics,' (same goof?) opines that the mayor's job is 'to keep things bolstered up and thriving looking.' Dang, boy, thanks for the profound insight. That'll silence the critics good!
Melrose Park South, boys and girls. Forest Park is Melrose Park South. Has been for nearly 20 years. Compare the names. Compare the projects.
you give clowns like JTF too much credit. They can't be specific, because they're making up their criticisms.
People like myself and Sharon don't just have concerns, according to them. We express 'vitriol (and) vicious personal hatred and hyperbolic innuendo." Of course, we offer actual instances of misconduct, but that gets brushed aside. Ask about the commissioner who was dumping his dogs crap in the street across from a critic. Ask about the Mannix's underhanded smear tactics.
Btw, I'll be at one of the good things about FoPa this afternoon, the opening of the 16-inch Hall of Fame, in the event you want to repeat your previous warnings to me to my face. Just be aware you can't do that anonymously.
Get ready for the blow back from trolls and Calderone apologists, Marilyn. Because in Forest Park, any criticism of the administration is never viewed as honest concern or difference of opinion, but as a character flaw by the person expressing the concern. That's the toxic "small town smarm' that drags down all the good in this burg.

Edited by watcher - 31/July/2014 at 1:31pm
Pillar
Pillar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Dwyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/July/2014 at 9:54am
I know you're more than capable of articulating a point, watcher. Please do.
watcher View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Active here since 2001

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31/July/2014 at 10:21am
And you're smart enough that I shouldn't need to. Where/what was yours? How did the above advance anything?

Post Reply Post Reply